Flash Player Help Stock browser

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Can you use the flash player with the stock browser or do you have to DL another browser?
TIA!

I can get the player to play, the sound is good but the vid is just a bunch of diagonal lines.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey reb0957, the problem you're having is an issue with our phones alone. We must wait for Verizon to give us or 4.1.2 update to resolve this issue. The international phones already got the fix and it did cure this problem.

The issue is 240p/480p videos. There's something wrong with how our phone renders them and it causes wierd garbled images. 360p/720p/1080p all render perfectly fine and smooth. So for now if you can prefer these videos be in that format. Otherwise you'll be stuck with the graphics corruption.

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey reb0957, the problem you're having is an issue with our phones alone. We must wait for Verizon to give us or 4.1.2 update to resolve this issue. The international phones already got the fix and it did cure this problem.

The issue is 240p/480p videos. There's something wrong with how our phone renders them and it causes wierd garbled images. 360p/720p/1080p all render perfectly fine and smooth. So for now if you can prefer these videos be in that format. Otherwise you'll be stuck with the graphics corruption.
How do I change the format of the vid I am trying to view?

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Can you use the flash player with the stock browser or do you have to DL another browser?
TIA!

I can get the player to play, the sound is good but the vid is just a bunch of diagonal lines.

Adobe ceased production of Flash for Android and thus the OS doesn't support it. Any issues using it have absolutely nothing to do with Verizon. It's a Jelly Bean thing. However, Adobe does make the Flash Player available for download from it's page. The following link should sort you out;
Adobe Community: How do I manually install Flash Player on my Android device? There was also a post a while back from Droid dog that may be of interest to you also; Guide To Adobe Flash On Jelly Bean Devices | | DroidDog Android BlogDroidDog Android Blog