Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By burwil
  • 1 Post By sux2bu
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

Default durability of the note2?

Everyone drops their phones. I've never broke a phone from a drop. However I dropped my nexus7 (in a case) once and it shattered. So being that the note2 is inbetween a phone and tablet size, is it more prone to break than a typical 4-4.5 inch phone?

Default durability of the note2?

Not me!

Reminds me of a joke......man goes to a doctor and says 'it hurts when I do this' (lifts arm). Doc says 'don't do that.'

Never dropped any mobile device or tablet. If you are prone to dropping get insurance. These things are not designed to be dropped. Just assume you are screwed if you do.

Sent from my hookah via hash cloud.
    Synycalwon likes this.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default Re: durability of the note2?

I had the unfortunate displeasure of dropping my N2 this weekend. Actually, it was knocked off a table onto concrete. The fall didn't sound that terrible, however, when I picked up my N2, the screen was cracked. It's shattered at the point of impact and then there are two parabolic-curve cracks down the left side. Having only had my N2 for less than 30 days, I felt sick. Thankfully I have insurance and I made a claim today. I am awaiting my replacement tomorrow. Definitely a fragile device.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki2 View Post
    I had the unfortunate displeasure of dropping my N2 this weekend. Actually, it was knocked off a table onto concrete. The fall didn't sound that terrible, however, when I picked up my N2, the screen was cracked. It's shattered at the point of impact and then there are two parabolic-curve cracks down the left side. Having only had my N2 for less than 30 days, I felt sick. Thankfully I have insurance and I made a claim today. I am awaiting my replacement tomorrow. Definitely a fragile device.
    What insurance and what was the deductible?

Thanks...

My wife has dropped her Note 2 several times already, fortunately she has only scratched the bezel and nothing has cracked. She originally had the Samsung flip cover, but since she can't hold onto the thing, I got her the Seidio Active case for some extra protection. I can be clumsy and am paranoid about dropping mine, so I added the Asurion insurance through Verizon.

Best part about this line of Samsungs is how easy and cheap it is to replace the back cover. Now if you crack the screen, you're SOL

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

Dropped mine inside the house on a hard tile floor from about 5'. Tiny tiny scratch on bottom at impact point. Nothing else. Getting out the truck over the holidays and juggled presents and phone. Phone crashed into concrete directly where S-Pen resides, flipped and skittered across concrete on screen. Put a sizable "dimple" in the case above the S-pen, no damage to screen whatsoever. Others might be fragile but mine is apparently the Incredible Hulk. Phone works fine and you have to look to see the damage from either drop.

Well I got my note 2 for Christmas.

When I opened it up, I noticed there was something on the whole phone! It turns out my brother and sister got the whole phone ghost armored for me. Pretty sweet, I don't even notice it!

Also, there's a video on YouTube showing the drop test of the note 2, and it looks like it can handle a lot.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by flipster View Post
    Well I got my note 2 for Christmas.

When I opened it up, I noticed there was something on the whole phone! It turns out my brother and sister got the whole phone ghost armored for me. Pretty sweet, I don't even notice it!

Also, there's a video on YouTube showing the drop test of the note 2, and it looks like it can handle a lot.
    Ghost Armour ??? That's new to me.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

durability of the note2?-uploadfromtaptalk1356633045961.jpg

This is from a drop at about 3 feet on to tile floor
    Motorola Q > Blackberry Pearl > Blackberry Storm > Blackberry Storm 2 > Droid X > HTC Thunderbolt > Note 2

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPDOG View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1356633045961.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	54594

This is from a drop at about 3 feet on to tile floor
    Did you have a case on it ? If so what kind ?

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
    Did you have a case on it ? If so what kind ?
    No case it was brand new and the sedio case hadn't come in yet
    Motorola Q > Blackberry Pearl > Blackberry Storm > Blackberry Storm 2 > Droid X > HTC Thunderbolt > Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
    Ghost Armour ??? That's new to me.
    Yes! I guess it's like zaggs invisible shield. Here's a link to it. They install it for you. It's all the same stuff with a different brand/name.

EDIT: Fixed Link on my computer, not sure how to properly copy and paste on my phone, still getting used to it!
    Last edited by flipster; 12-27-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

These posts are all the same, everybody drops their phone and all phones are fragile. Use a case and screen protector and hope for the best. Ghost armour, gorilla glass, otterbox... nothing's a sure thing .If you're prone to breaking your phone get the insurance and call it a day.

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

The note 2 is has some mass. What do you expect for all this hardware/screen. I use a case by qmadix. Not cheep, but will prevent broken glass via somthing soft inbetween the hardshell.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Jodyberry - the Asurion deductible was $99. Totally worth it in my opinion. The replacement phone was brand new and shipped overnight. The cracks in my screen splintered at the top and I got a shard of glass in my thumb thinner than a piece of hair when I picked it up. I was using the Samsung flip case. I switched to a Mercury jelly case that has protection around the edges and also added a screen protector.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I've dropped this phone more than any I've owned. More like balanced it in precarious places. I think due to a combination of weight, slickness and carelessness. Anyhow it's taken a 3' dive onto hardwood about 4 times. I think I'm blessed because I don't even have scratches. I know it's been saved at least once by the propensity for the rear cover to fly off and absorb impact. 'Cheap' design worked in my favor.
    Motorola Xoom and Ipad 2 ~ Travelling the n00b highway.

I don't drop my phones.

I bought the Samsung protective case just to try it out (was itching to use that 50% off coupon) and holy hell this phone feels way too bulky. This phone is already big enough, no way I'm putting a case on it.
    Synycalwon likes this.

mine's had one swan dive onto the parking lot from about 5'. Minimal cosmetic damage to the back cover. Front glass completely intact, no scratches even. I'm impressed. Every phone gets dropped eventually in my experience. If you're afraid of sustaining significant damage, make sure you've got insurance and/or get a good case. $0.02

I haven't dropped mine and I hope I never do. The old saying "the bigger they are, the harder they fall" comes to mind when I think about it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dropped mine three time so far w/o a case and stock screen protector and have luckily only gotten a slight small scratch on the bezel otherwise flawless. my co-worker dropped his on carpet from about 4 ft height and cracked his screen so i guess its just a matter of luck

As with all phones it just comes down to luck. You can drop a phone 10 times from 6' and it'll be OK, yet just drop it once from 2' and the screen will crack.

A guy I know just dropped his N2 from his hand to the desk he was sitting at - a foot; maybe two. He had a TPU case and yet he still got a big 'ol hairline crack all the way across the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

I had the pleasure of talking with a Samsung rep at the Verizon store the other day. I asked about the durability of the phone because she said the flip is the only case they recommend. She was throwing it all around the store from up to about 6' high. It would explode the case and battery off the phone and she explained that they are designed to do that to release the pressure from the screen on impact. And that with a lot of the cases that keep the phone together can actually cause damage to the screen. Now I did ask her to show me on the sidewalk outside and she gave me that look like you know I can't do that. My personal opinion is that it's all in the way it drops. I have sent my thunderbolt flying across the room by trying to use my foot to break the phones fall. Nothing happened to it. But my last phone in my pocket cracked. Luck of the draw really.

Quote Originally Posted by bvitale View Post
    I had the pleasure of talking with a Samsung rep at the Verizon store the other day. I asked about the durability of the phone because she said the flip is the only case they recommend. She was throwing it all around the store from up to about 6' high. It would explode the case and battery off the phone and she explained that they are designed to do that to release the pressure from the screen on impact. And that with a lot of the cases that keep the phone together can actually cause damage to the screen. Now I did ask her to show me on the sidewalk outside and she gave me that look like you know I can't do that. My personal opinion is that it's all in the way it drops. I have sent my thunderbolt flying across the room by trying to use my foot to break the phones fall. Nothing happened to it. But my last phone in my pocket cracked. Luck of the draw really.
    She had a special phone that bounced. Haha, no way she would just throw it otherwise.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

ROM
    Stock

Already dropped mine TWICE but thank God, it's STILL holding up together. Thanks to my Ballistic case (which I wouldn't consider buying anything else), saved my phone from catastrophies. Look elsewhere if you wanna buy the same case from ShopAndroid.com since it's STILL on pre-order up to this day. LMAO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails durability of the note2?-p1010087.jpg   durability of the note2?-p1010088.jpg