Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Confused about Verizon Galaxy Note 2 as a World Phone

there are few method to root on Verizon Galaxy note 2, i am getting confused on which method best without any issues, would you please show me link on how to root verizon galaxy note 2 ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Once again, THANKS VERY MUCH.
    DroidXcon likes this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by charlie888w View Post
    there are few method to root on Verizon Galaxy note 2, i am getting confused on which method best without any issues, would you please show me link on how to root verizon galaxy note 2 ? Thanks in advance for your help.
    [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit
    [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

just confirming that i would have to be rooted first to do this.....

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    just confirming that i would have to be rooted first to do this.....
    yes but that is all you would have to be . so you could have it done in less then 5 minutes
    Thanked by:

i have purchased galaxy note II as upgrade......tried to use another sim card but its not working...its shows the local vodaphone network signal on it but does not work.....spoken to verizon guys..they say its unlocked.....please advise what to do so that i can use another sim on it

Might consider taking it to the carrier you are using SIM on. Might need a new one

sent from my awesome Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

yes but that is all you would have to be . so you could have it done in less then 5 minutes
    Droidxcon, you have to be rooted to do the screen recording shown in your video? If not, what app are you using?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by kris.richards View Post
    Droidxcon, you have to be rooted to do the screen recording shown in your video? If not, what app are you using?
    Yes you need root. Sorry.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

I amnot a teckie, so dumb down ROOT and change POR FAVOR PLEASE

I want to subscribe Verizon, BUT/TOTALLY RANXSOM Android phone, THEN, have the flexibilty to move??

I need a 1,2,3,4 SIMPLE ABC solution?? HELP

Please forgive my ignorance when it comes to rooting and using APNs. How would I go about rooting my GN2 and how do I know what APNs to use? Thank you!

I had said some time ago that I would post my experience with this after travelling abroad but forgot so I will past it now. I rooted my Verizon Note 2, bought and inserted a sim card from an Italian cell provider (Wind) when in Italy, and used an apn manager to enter the correct apn information for Wind. I have been travelling all over Italy for weeks and have had no problem getting data as well as voice on this Verizon phone without needing to pay Verizon's very high rates. It is easy to find apn information for just about any carrier by doing a Google search for it but there are also some apps that will give you that information. You can try one called APN Global or if you happen to be looking for the information for Italy there is one called APN Italy that has a button for each wireless carrier in that country. If you look I'm sure you'll find others. BUT, to the best of my knowledge, you must be rooted to be able to add any APN information to a Verizon Galaxy Note 2.

Quote Originally Posted by beefchopper View Post
    I had said some time ago that I would post my experience with this after travelling abroad but forgot so I will past it now. I rooted my Verizon Note 2, bought and inserted a sim card from an Italian cell provider (Wind) when in Italy, and used an apn manager to enter the correct apn information for Wind. I have been travelling all over Italy for weeks and have had no problem getting data as well as voice on this Verizon phone without needing to pay Verizon's very high rates. It is easy to find apn information for just about any carrier by doing a Google search for it but there are also some apps that will give you that information. You can try one called APN Global or if you happen to be looking for the information for Italy there is one called APN Italy that has a button for each wireless carrier in that country. If you look I'm sure you'll find others. BUT, to the best of my knowledge, you must be rooted to be able to add any APN information to a Verizon Galaxy Note 2.
    Now that I have posted this I see a recent VZW update has made the GN2 a worldphone (finally). After rooting my phone I shut off all updates so was unaware of this. Since my phone is working perfectly I am going to leave it the way it is. My last note is just applicable to those of you who have rooted and are not taking the update.

After the other update you can change apn settings you just put another sim in first and go to settings then more settings then mobile networks then apn add the new apn settings make sure it is in global mode
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12