Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: SD card error "SD card is blank or has unsupported file system.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry d1 View Post
    This cardrecovery app did not work. I have the photos because I can see them on my phone but the scanned and saw nothing; however my phone cannot mount nor format the card. The card cannot be seen or formatted from the PC either. This is a phone problem because it is happening to numerous SD cards of all types and all sizes. What you are saying then is there is a fundamental flaw in all SD cards? Not likely; it's an Android problem. Verizon wanted me to factory reset my phone or buy another card. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared French View Post
    This "error" might not actually be what it states itself to be (although it could be just that).

I have received this error days after attempting to send a large photo via text message.
    I know that is what caused the error. In this case, it is actually not a bad SD card, and doesn't need to be reformatted, but the error will remain as long as the picture continues to try to send. It's in limbo, and there is no android error message for "you're an ***** stop trying to send enormous photos via text".

I ended up with the same blank sd problem. I took the sd card out then blew the dust off. After I tried, all of my info was still on it even though I hit the format button several times. When the problem started I reset the phone while an app was accessing the sd card to load a file. Maybe it had something to do with that? Idk, hope this helps.

Talking Solved "SD card is blank or has unsupported file system"

Hi jdraper2015,

Solved SD Card Blank

I was facing a similar problem in my samsung s3. I was using my phone on a trip to click photos and then suddenly this message started popping up. I was scarred that I would loose all my photos of not only this trip but also my past trips since I had never backed up my data. But l feel I was lucky to find an excellent step-by-step video tutorial which not only recovered my files but also fixed my SD Card.

Here these are the steps that worked for me
    1> Inserted the sd card on a pc using an sd card reader
    2> Used photorec utility to recover my pictures
    3> Used testdisk utility to fix my corrupt sd card
    4> Backuped SD Card in PC
    4> Formated sd card in PC
    5> Repaired SD card using chkdsk
    6> Formated sd card again in phone
    7> Copied the backed up folders into my sd card

The step-by-step video tutorial l found was over here: https://www.howisolve.com/blank-sd-c...covered-fixed/
    The Download link for the utilities are :TestDisk Download - CGSecurity

Already tried all fixes like changing drive letter, chkdsk, running a formatter tool, unlocking swtch?

what happens, or how can i fix it if i did.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234