SD card error "SD card is blank or has unsupported file system.

jerry d1

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This cardrecovery app did not work. I have the photos because I can see them on my phone but the scanned and saw nothing; however my phone cannot mount nor format the card. The card cannot be seen or formatted from the PC either. This is a phone problem because it is happening to numerous SD cards of all types and all sizes. What you are saying then is there is a fundamental flaw in all SD cards? Not likely; it's an Android problem. Verizon wanted me to factory reset my phone or buy another card. Pathetic.

jjfan71

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
So I just got off the phone with Samsung, and the tech said that a class 10 sd card is to fast sometimes. He recommends a class 6 or below. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, take out the card and look in one of the corners. There should be a "c" and inside there will be a number indicating the class. It's VERY small, so use a magnifying glass if needed. Any thoughts on this theory???

keem5

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
i am not sure if i ever told this but DONT deltete or move location of any files in your card while phone is connected on your pc, especially deleting a file(s) from your pc.. also cause this error based on my experience.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So I just got off the phone with Samsung, and the tech said that a class 10 sd card is to fast sometimes. He recommends a class 6 or below. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, take out the card and look in one of the corners. There should be a "c" and inside there will be a number indicating the class. It's VERY small, so use a magnifying glass if needed. Any thoughts on this theory???

IMO, the tech is nuts--like the Sammy tech that told me the Gear 2 that I purchased recently would only work on 4.4...how do these morons keep their jobs? Oh, yeah, their supervisors are idiots too... Eventually I got someone else at Sammy to get my Gear 2 working.

Jared French

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
This "error" might not actually be what it states itself to be (although it could be just that).

I have received this error days after attempting to send a large photo via text message.
I know that is what caused the error. In this case, it is actually not a bad SD card, and doesn't need to be reformatted, but the error will remain as long as the picture continues to try to send. It's in limbo, and there is no android error message for "you're an ***** stop trying to send enormous photos via text".

Jennifer Iverson

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

This theory doesnt jive either. I have a Class 2 and I am having the same issue... several cards now.

Camo260

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
If you are experiencing this issue and have files that you don't want to lose from reformatting you can try and see if this works for you:

1. Connect your SD card to your desktop PC
2. Open up command prompt (cmd) from the start menu
3. Execute the command chkdsk /X /F (drive letter):
For example if your SD card is connected as H drive then the command you would execute would be chkdsk /X /F H:

Edmond Caguioa

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
This cardrecovery app did not work. I have the photos because I can see them on my phone but the scanned and saw nothing; however my phone cannot mount nor format the card. The card cannot be seen or formatted from the PC either. This is a phone problem because it is happening to numerous SD cards of all types and all sizes. What you are saying then is there is a fundamental flaw in all SD cards? Not likely; it's an Android problem. Verizon wanted me to factory reset my phone or buy another card. Pathetic.

Can you fix my sd card

Last edited by a moderator:

slater_sun

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Im having the same problem. I can't view any photos, music, etc. It doesn't pop up when i connect to a pc. Every time i try to mount it it doesnt go. Someone please help :(

MurgsLV

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
I have this error with lenovo a760.
I don't know that all steps need to do or no, but I do that:
1. Delete all from sdcard manually in File browser(just delete all if u have pictures paste they in internal storage)
2. Turn off you're phone
3. Take out acumulator.
4. Take out SD card and clean it
5. Put it back(SD and acumulator)
6. Turn on mobile and no error;)
I think all steps don't need to do!
Sorry for bad English :(

Last edited:

WakeyUpPeople

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Im having the same problem half of the advice here is nonesense, i dont need to clean my card its in a sealed waterproof phone never ever tampered with & top of its range! The fact is the world leaders the people behind this o/s have DESIGNED the phones to have problems. The idea is we get annoyed and 1)keep everything backed up online (they wanna call it a cloud... Its not a cloud its someone elses computer) 2) we buy new devices with more memory. Ive paid from £10 to £400 on phones and they are ALL rubbish, (had least problems with the £10 ones) Our world leaders do not care about us they run all of the corporations and use such devices to manipulate and control us. Sony are no better than nokia or samsung.... The same people run them and laugh at us as they pretend to compete and pay men to sue each other. Blackberry is slightly more secure... So guess what... The industry leaders are dropping blackberry. Its not conspiracy it is fact. Ive always avoided iphones but after years of Android and losing loads of holiday pictures contacts mp3 files and tolerating lies by samsung (keis does NOT back up card files) im fed up with Android. Iphone users seem to grumble less but their screens are always cracked and unremovable batteries fade.. so perhaps ill try blackberry (again) .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze