Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    I know this is speculation, but about what month should I expect the subsidized price to come down to $200? I need to buy from VZW directly, not a 3rd party.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    Probably not. The phone is still really new, and Samsung flagship device at the moment. Maybe $250 but most likely not $200.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by flipster View Post
    Probably not. The phone is still really new, and Samsung flagship device at the moment. Maybe $250 but most likely not $200.
    It will eventually come down to $200 and then $100 and then even free as newer devices are released. It is just a matter of time.

    What I am asking to be more specific then is about how long in the past has it taken for VZW's flagship devices to come down to $200? It happens as newer flagship devices are announced and released. What is your best guess on that based on past history? That is what I am asking.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    After the Galaxy S4 comes out.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    Why from Verizon directly? Any of the stores like best buy, radio Shack, Walmart, etc can do exactly the same plans,etc. that a Verizon store can do. Most of the stores run specials below the 200$ mark, you just have to keep checking.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    After the Galaxy S4 comes out.
    Care to speculate on when that might be?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    Why from Verizon directly? Any of the stores like best buy, radio Shack, Walmart, etc can do exactly the same plans,etc. that a Verizon store can do. Most of the stores run specials below the 200$ mark, you just have to keep checking.
    I have unlimited data and I need to add a line to get the upgrade and then switch a basic phone to that line and if you drop the data plan after using one of the 3rd party sellers, they charge you a fee that wipes out the subsidy anyhow. If you go through VZW, you can do it no problem.

    If I can get another family member to join my plan, then there is a loophole that only exists on the VZW website that I can use to do an alternate upgrade. Still would have to be through VZW, though.
    Last edited by WannaBeYou; 12-29-2012 at 07:00 PM.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    Never had a problem with using a kiosk in a store, always have been able to transfer unlimited plans and such.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    Never had a problem with using a kiosk in a store, always have been able to transfer unlimited plans and such.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Once VZW introduced the Share Everything Plans, they will not allow you to keep unlimited data if you use the upgrade on your unlimited data line. You have to move to Share Everything Plans if you use your upgrade.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeYou View Post
    Care to speculate on when that might be?
    April/May.
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeYou View Post
    I know this is speculation, but about what month should I expect the subsidized price to come down to $200? I need to buy from VZW directly, not a 3rd party.
    I'm not sure if it will drop to $200 but the Verizon Minimum Advertised Price period for the GN2 expires on 4-24-13.
    If it is still selling well they may not lower price at all.
    If sales tank they can get around MAP with rebates or gimmicks like Buy One, Get One Free.
    Most likely you'll be waiting until 4-24 at the earliest for any VZW discounts on the GN2.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeYou View Post
    Once VZW introduced the Share Everything Plans, they will not allow you to keep unlimited data if you use the upgrade on your unlimited data line. You have to move to Share Everything Plans if you use your upgrade.
    You don't have to switch to their Share Everything Plan. You can keep your current calling plan. You just loose the unlimited data on that line and have to pick a data amount ...2, 4, 6GB, etc for your line vs. unlimited it currently has.



    Sent from my AWESOME Note 2!
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by my3chis View Post
    You don't have to switch to their Share Everything Plan. You can keep your current calling plan. You just loose the unlimited data on that line and have to pick a data amount ...2, 4, 6GB, etc for your line vs. unlimited it currently has.
    OK, well I don't want to lose my unlimited data.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: When Do You Think the Subsidized Price On This Phone Will Come Down?

    Quote Originally Posted by my3chis View Post
    You don't have to switch to their Share Everything Plan. You can keep your current calling plan. You just loose the unlimited data on that line and have to pick a data amount ...2, 4, 6GB, etc for your line vs. unlimited it currently has.



    Sent from my AWESOME Note 2!
    Actually, they told me the choices are 2, 5, and 10. I was able to keep unlimited so far (details in another thread.)

    As for the price dropping, look at the GS3. The subsidized price is still $199. Samsung phones are selling like crazy. If they are selling, they probably won't drop the price. When the price finally drops a new and better phone will be coming out or already out.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. Wrong forum, please delete!
    By WannaBeYou in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 12:03 PM
  2. So When Do You Think Google Will Activate LTE On The Nexus 4?
    By The Hustleman in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 09:00 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 10:40 AM
  4. When do YOU think the Nexus Prime will release on Sprint?
    By Officerpolabear in forum Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 02:35 PM
  5. When do you think Sprint will start selling the SS?
    By deparson in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 09:11 PM

Posting Permissions

B