Battery Life?

comptec45

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased the Verizon note 2. My battery is not lasting as long as any of the other carriers. At the end of the day I have 10% or lower and the phone has only been on for about 10 or 11 hours. I was thinking that it was just because I used it a lot but when I checked I found the screen had only been on for 5 or 6 hours.

I was wondering if this is normal for the Verizon version or is there somethong wrong with my battery?

StevenS2k5

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday, after about 19 hours off the charger and 6 hours of screen on time I was around 45% remaining. Your settings may affect this. I use auto brightness and mostly wifi although I was out of the house on 4G for about 8 hours yesterday.

It also depends what you are doing with the screen on and if you have a good mobile signal.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Nightscape

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Are you on 4G the whole time? Weak signal?
Screen brightness?

This is what I get with heavy use. Screen on auto brightness and on wifi majority of the time.

Screenshot_2012-12-25-20-16-55.png

Screenshot_2012-12-25-20-17-01.png

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased the Verizon note 2. My battery is not lasting as long as any of the other carriers. At the end of the day I have 10% or lower and the phone has only been on for about 10 or 11 hours. I was thinking that it was just because I used it a lot but when I checked I found the screen had only been on for 5 or 6 hours.

I was wondering if this is normal for the Verizon version or is there somethong wrong with my battery?

5 to 6 hours of screen on time is pretty good. Most other phones don't last that long with half as much usage. 4g eats battery life but I think you should be happy with the usage you're getting. My DNA would die after three hours of screen time and my galaxy nexus got maybe 5 hours per charge(two hours of screen time). Try using wifi it will conservative the battery life more. Check your app sync settings as well.

tellezzZ

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand the time calculation?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356901871035.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356901871035.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 58

comptec45

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I put my brightness all the way down and I am on wifi all day. My signal isnt great I get like 1 or 2 bars but I dont think its that. Do you think my battery is defective?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Wi-Fi does use less power than LTE. One of the biggest drains on your battery is weak cellular signal like some others have posted. I have seen my battery drop all the way in a matter of a few hours with a poor signal, even with no use.

If you believe something is wrong you may want to try a factory reset, hold off on installing any apps for a day or two and see if there is a difference.

Since the phone is new you could also just take it back and ask for a replacement. Tell them it isn't acting right and that you want a new one that works properly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

comptec45

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
At the end of today I will post screen shots

I got the phone a few days ago so maybe I need to break in the battery?
Can anyone post screen shots of there battery life and screen time?

tellezzZ

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
you see because I had a full battery after just charging it. never the less my battery ended up lasting about 6 hours longer than that estimated time in my screen shot.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Hail6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I put my brightness all the way down and I am on wifi all day. My signal isnt great I get like 1 or 2 bars but I dont think its that. Do you think my battery is defective?

5-6 hours is great... only got 5 tops on my maxx and this phone is bigger/better.... I get same 5-6 hours on screen so if you need more than that get a extra battery or extended

From my Note2 to hopefully yours

comptec45

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I think I an going to call verizon for a new battery. It has good battery life but it should be better.

Attachments

• 2013-01-01-01-40-27.png
    2013-01-01-01-40-27.png
    231.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 2012-12-31-18-56-00.png
    2012-12-31-18-56-00.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 2013-01-01-01-38-28.png
    2013-01-01-01-38-28.png
    318.7 KB · Views: 41

Droid for dumies

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Short answer : settings>mobile networks>accsess point names>EHRPD - Verizon Internet ,
I have the Note 2 from verizon ,
EHRPD I was told by verizon teck support is the same as CDMA ....
I did a speed test on both the EHRPD & LTE settings and I have about a one mb reduced speed using EHRPD but I was told this diferance may be even more noticible depending on the area/location i'm in and as well the verizon teck rep told me to expect greater battery life in this mode but I still need to test it out over a few days to see...
:)

*Update = Just found out from verizon teck support that if you use the EHRPD it will also reduce your phone quality to 1x or the equvalnt of a telephone's dial up service thus meaning that when you call out or someone is calling you you may not recive the calls so if your ok with that then this fix is good but as well you may have to reset the EHRPD periodically as the sytem can default back to LTE sometimes but I have not yet figuered out why it does...
For me I want the phone quality to be good so this fix wont work for me and i'm now on a quest to find a app that will let me turn off LTE and use CDMA because CDMA wont reduce my telephone quality and only will efect the LTE...

Anyone found a app for turning off the LTE on the Note 2 from verizon?
:D

Last edited:

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I think I an going to call verizon for a new battery. It has good battery life but it should be better.

That seems about right. It looks like you are just constantly on your phone. Your almost at 6 hrs screen on time. According to your stats your phone never sleeps. Lol. You sure its not the new phone syndrome where u pick it up and play with it every 5 mins. When it becomes just another phone then your battery life goes up lol

ONE BAD ASS NOTE 2 ON A BAD ASS JELLY ☆BEANS☆ ROM

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante