Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By WannaBeYou
  • 2 Post By Johnly
  • 1 Post By WannaBeYou
  • 2 Post By makaroni
  • 1 Post By Rain816
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Almost Joined You Guys Today!

I really want this phablet but my upgrade isn't until end of August and I have unlimited data anyhow so can't use the upgrade on my line.

I decided to add a line to use for alternate upgrades and you are able to get a phone at the subsidized price when you add the line. The choice was to get an iPhone 5 for my ailing mom or get the GN2 for me. Since her iPhone 4S is only 3G, I thought it only fair that she get the iPhone 5 so she can experience 4G LTE. Also, Verizon will give her $200 trade in for her 16GB iPhone 4S and only $80 for my GNex, which is amazing to me since my phone is 32GB, 4G LTE and cost $300 new and her iPhone 4S is only 16GB, 3G and cost $200 new. Basically, VZW is willing to give her back her money after using the phone for a year! Unbelievable!

So no GN2 for me *sniff*. Had to be fair to mama and it made more sense financially, too. Since my upgrade isn't due until the end of August, I don't know if I will get the GN2 or wait for the GN3, but I will be envying all of you until then!!!!

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: Almost Joined You Guys Today!

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeYou View Post
    I really want this phablet but my upgrade isn't until end of August and I have unlimited data anyhow so can't use the upgrade on my line.

I decided to add a line to use for alternate upgrades and you are able to get a phone at the subsidized price when you add the line. The choice was to get an iPhone 5 for my ailing mom or get the GN2 for me. Since her iPhone 4S is only 3G, I thought it only fair that she get the iPhone 5 so she can experience 4G LTE. Also, Verizon will give her $200 trade in for her 16GB iPhone 4S and only $80 for my GNex, which is amazing to me since my phone is 32GB, 4G LTE and cost $300 new and her iPhone 4S is only 16GB, 3G and cost $200 new. Basically, VZW is willing to give her back her money after using the phone for a year! Unbelievable!

So no GN2 for me *sniff*. Had to be fair to mama and it made more sense financially, too. Since my upgrade isn't due until the end of August, I don't know if I will get the GN2 or wait for the GN3, but I will be envying all of you until then!!!!
    Maybe next time. You taking care of yout mom is first class. That beats a new phone every day of the week.
    Thanked by:
    NotJustAPhone and collett like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Maybe next time. You taking care of yout mom is first class. That beats a new phone every day of the week.
    Aww, thanks. I don't know how much longer she is going to be with us, but for now she has a spiffy new 4G LTE toy to play with!
    collett likes this.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Definitely Mom comes first. You'll be glad you did. And in the fall we'll all be envying your Note 3.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Prayers go out to your mom and I'm sure she'll enjoy her new phone that you sacrificed to get her. Very noble and selfless.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    Thanked by:
    Casey Cheung and collett like this.

I really do hope u get that Note 2...ppl like u definitly deserve it.....awesome move on ur part to look out for ya mom
    Hello 2013
    Thanked by:
    collett likes this.