DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
After other carriers. Vzw is slow with those. But I wouldn't even worry about it. It comes when it comes. If it's important to get it sooner you can unlock your bootloader and flash a custom 4.1.2 rom

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If you want a quick answer... in time. Verizon is notoriously slow when it comes to pushing out updates. The prime example is the Galaxy Nexus and Jelly Bean update. It took Verizon around 6 months to send out the update to Jelly Bean to VZW Galaxy Nexus phones after release and even then when the update came through it wasn't the newest version of Jelly Bean. While this has no impact on our devices this should give you an idea that we probably wont see this update for some time. The GS3 only just got Jelly Bean a month or so ago and look how long that has now been around.

If you want 4.1.2 quicker, you are going to need to unlock your device and flash a 4.1.2 ROM on your phone. Until then, you are going to be playing the waiting game. I really hate to say it, but if you are on Verizon and you don't like to wait for updates you picked the wrong carrier. Verizon has always been this way and I don't see it changing. Samsung has stepped up their game with releasing updates quicker, but it has to go through Verizon's "enchancement" process which basically means they have to install their bloat on it.

So I will reiterate what many of us long time Verizon Android users already know. If you plan to stay stock and not unlock your device you will be waiting some time for 4.1.2.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
4.1.2 update does have some extremely important fixes in it and we should get it ASAP, not just for the sake of updating the version of Android we are running. The 4.1.2 update fixes the following:

- Stock keyboard Auto-Correction
- Flash 240p/480p video artifacting
- Missing apps in Multi-Window mode

I myself am rooted and unlocked with a custom ROM but for those who don't wish to take that route it's only fair that these extremely basic functions be provided to them as they should be, at this stage in Android development, expected to work from day one out of the box and yet they don't. These customers deserve a hotfix on this stuff and it's a darn shame that Verizon will keep them in the hole for who knows how many months.

I already stated in another thread going back almost a month, expect 4.1.2 earliest by the end of January, expect to skip 4.2 entirely and most likely see a 5.0 Key Lime Pie release possibly by the end of summer (September.) Verizon blows at updating devices. My last phone was an HTC Thunderbolt. If HTC could just toss out an update to us themselves we would have had ICS back in July-August, yet Verizon being the dicks they are, decided (tin foil hat time) it was not cost-effective to update that device so they pretty much canned the update or in the very least held it back long enough that people either forgot about it or moved on. Clearly that succeeded with me.

I wish other carriers had the service that Verizon provided as I would jump ship in a heartbeat. The only reason I stick around is that I have unlimited data with them and the speeds and signal is just too good to give up. I'm just grateful that the good folks who worked hard on unlocking this device were successful so I can in some way stick it to Red.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
4.1.2 update does have some extremely important fixes in it and we should get it ASAP, not just for the sake of updating the version of Android we are running. The 4.1.2 update fixes the following:

- Stock keyboard Auto-Correction
- Flash 240p/480p video artifacting
- Missing apps in Multi-Window mode

I myself am rooted and unlocked with a custom ROM but for those who don't wish to take that route it's only fair that these extremely basic functions be provided to them as they should be, at this stage in Android development, expected to work from day one out of the box and yet they don't. These customers deserve a hotfix on this stuff and it's a darn shame that Verizon will keep them in the hole for who knows how many months.

I already stated in another thread going back almost a month, expect 4.1.2 earliest by the end of January, expect to skip 4.2 entirely and most likely see a 5.0 Key Lime Pie release possibly by the end of summer (September.) Verizon blows at updating devices. My last phone was an HTC Thunderbolt. If HTC could just toss out an update to us themselves we would have had ICS back in July-August, yet Verizon being the dicks they are, decided (tin foil hat time) it was not cost-effective to update that device so they pretty much canned the update or in the very least held it back long enough that people either forgot about it or moved on. Clearly that succeeded with me.

I wish other carriers had the service that Verizon provided as I would jump ship in a heartbeat. The only reason I stick around is that I have unlimited data with them and the speeds and signal is just too good to give up. I'm just grateful that the good folks who worked hard on unlocking this device were successful so I can in some way stick it to Red.

Dark where are you getting these dates?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Hail6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes I live in the sticks and unfortunately this is the reason I'm a Verizon customer.... All other carriers blow here!

From my Note2 to hopefully yours

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Years of experience and disappointment with Verizon and their inability to update phones in a timely manner.

Aka - my ass :D It's gonna suck when my ass can predict timetables better than Verizon can though...

As sad as this sounds its probably true. Most of the time Verizon probably has no idea what the hell the next update is until Google and the users push it down their throat and they finally say they are working on it. I have to admit, that is the one thing that Apple does right with the iPhone. All the software updates are controlled by them and does not need to go through Verizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000