Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pool_shark
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nova Launcher Help

I really want to like this launcher but it has one annoyance I need help with! Can anyone tell me how you get rid of the solid line in the upper left corner by the clock? I'm sure it's supposed to serve some purpose as in aiding with noficiations but I find it very distracting and annoying. Anyone know where in the settings this line can be hidden if it can? Thanks!

Default Re: Nova Launcher Help

Quote Originally Posted by exilepa View Post
    I really want to like this launcher but it has one annoyance I need help with! Can anyone tell me how you get rid of the solid line in the upper left corner by the clock? I'm sure it's supposed to serve some purpose as in aiding with noficiations but I find it very distracting and annoying. Anyone know where in the settings this line can be hidden if it can? Thanks!
    Can you take a screenshot of it?
    I have no such line. I usually have it set not to show the notification bar, but I just set it to show to see if I could see the line that you're seeing.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Can you take a screenshot of it?
    I have no such line. I usually have it set not to show the notification bar, but I just set it to show to see if I could see the line that you're seeing.
    Do you like Nova better than Touchwiz and why ? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
    Do you like Nova better than Touchwiz and why ? Thanks.
    My preference of 3rd party launchers has to do with the added features.

3rd party launchers give the ability to rotate the home screen, launch many apps without having icons all over the screen or going into the app drawer, hide the notification bar and dock icons.
    For instance, with Nova, you have the 5 dock icons at the bottom, just like TW, but with Nova, each of the 5 icons can launch 2 apps. Nova also has swipe gestures allowing you to launch additional apps.
    I have 3 rows of dock icons using nova, (I think you can have up to 5 or more rows). Each one can launch 2 apps. It also has a swipe up, down, 2 finger swipe up, down, and rotate right and left.
    With my current setup, I can launch 36 apps from my without ever going into the app drawer and without having my screens cluttered with icons.
    Issemann likes this.

No line here either, I'm not sure what you're seeing.

I really like Nova Launcher Prime as well. The gestures are awesome and completely customizable. Infinite scrolling on the home screen, dock, and apps if you want it. Lots of options to customize look, feel, and performance. You can change the scroll effect you see when swiping between home screens and the speed of the effects/animations.

I can launch almost anything I need right from my main home screen. I keep a blank spot so I can double-tap to open Voice Search, and I like having a mostly blank desktop to stare at my live wall paper.

A lot of the 3rd party launchers have features like this, I've had good luck with Nova Prime and WidgetLocker.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

For some reason it's not coming through on a screen shot... It shows up on my screen but not on a screen shot. Wondering if it's a defect with the phone....
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nova Launcher Help-uploadfromtaptalk1357143780911.jpg  

I don't have the line either. On a different note, are there any side effects to running a 3rd party launcher? E.g. Is TouchWiz still running in the background and using up resources? Thanks!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Nevermind, n00b problem. Looks like it was some sort of battery bar that was built into the ROM

Quote Originally Posted by exilepa View Post
    Nevermind, n00b problem. Looks like it was some sort of battery bar that was built into the ROM
    Ah. Lots of people had a "noob" problem with the battery bar mod on Beans. I thought it was my imagination at first because it would appear then disappear, but then it began to pulsate.
    Then I turned off battery mods and that's when I realized what it was.

I have heard that auto updating widgets left running in Touchwiz can have an effect on battery life, but I don't know this for sure. If you are happy with your third party launcher it is probably best to go into Touchwiz and delete any widgets from your home screens.
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    I have heard that auto updating widgets left running in Touchwiz can have an effect on battery life, but I don't know this for sure. If you are happy with your third party launcher it is probably best to go into Touchwiz and delete any widgets from your home screens.
    Makes sense. Let's see if it makes any difference. Thanks!