App to turn off notifications at night?

CW

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to the Note 2 from the Droid Razr Maxx, which had Moto's Smart Action app. I had the Razr setup to turn off notifications during a certain time so I would receive calls and texts but not notifications of emails. I have been trying to find a simple solution in the play store but have not found one that is quite so simple. I have tried Simple Profiles and Llama. Simple Profiles ended up turning my mobile data and Llama turned off autosync during the day, both had me scratching my head trying figure out what was going on. I know I could probably spend the time to figure these out but it seems so simple turn off notifications then turn them back on. Does anyone have any suggestions?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I use tasker, but that may be a bit too expensive just for you to turn off notifications, I use it for much more.
You could use my profiles. That's what I used before tasker.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
There are two things you can do:

1. Use Blocking Mode, which is a hidden setting on a Verizon phone, but once found it will work based on set times. Download quick shortcut maker from the Play store and activate Blocking Mode from the app.

2. Download and set up Locale. Locale is a location based app that will do a ton more than turn off notifications. It will work with a plug in with Astrid for location based reminders. You can set up things like turning on WiFi when returning home. My favorite is turning off my ringers when I am in a scheduled meeting on my calendar. That is super convenient. There is Asleep mode to accomplish what you are looking to do and a Default mode that MUST be set up so the app knows what to do when a meeting is over or Asleep mode ends, etc.

My understanding is that Tasker requires root. Neither of these apps do.

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
1. You can buy NFC tags and put one on your night stand, set it up to turn off notifications.
2. Beautiful widgets has a toggle to silence your phone for a set number of hours. I use it at the movies all the time.

Sent by Accident

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
There are two things you can do:

1. Use Blocking Mode, which is a hidden setting on a Verizon phone, but once found it will work based on set times. Download quick shortcut maker from the Play store and activate Blocking Mode from the app.

2. Download and set up Locale. Locale is a location based app that will do a ton more than turn off notifications. It will work with a plug in with Astrid for location based reminders. You can set up things like turning on WiFi when returning home. My favorite is turning off my ringers when I am in a scheduled meeting on my calendar. That is super convenient. There is Asleep mode to accomplish what you are looking to do and a Default mode that MUST be set up so the app knows what to do when a meeting is over or Asleep mode ends, etc.

My understanding is that Tasker requires root. Neither of these apps do.

I thought Blocking Mode still didn't work particularly well even with the shortcut to find it? If it does, that definitely changes some things for me.

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded to the Note 2 from the Droid Razr Maxx, which had Moto's Smart Action app. I had the Razr setup to turn off notifications during a certain time so I would receive calls and texts but not notifications of emails. I have been trying to find a simple solution in the play store but have not found one that is quite so simple. I have tried Simple Profiles and Llama. Simple Profiles ended up turning my mobile data and Llama turned off autosync during the day, both had me scratching my head trying figure out what was going on. I know I could probably spend the time to figure these out but it seems so simple turn off notifications then turn them back on. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have your tried "Mr Number"?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.mrnumber.blocker&token=jYLMCJCW

Blocking mode is not fully functional

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought Blocking Mode still didn't work particularly well even with the shortcut to find it? If it does, that definitely changes some things for me.

I used it for a couple days and didn't have an issue with it working. I ended up liking Locale better because it does multiple things I wanted it to do. If there are issues with Blocking Mode I didn't find them.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Shush

Sent from my kickass Samsung Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.publicobject.shush&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5wdWJsaWNvYmplY3Quc2h1c2giXQ.. when you put the phone on silent a timer pops up and you can set how long you want it to be silent for. Works great

I also use Shush. Very basic app that works like it should. It's great for meetings & other random times that you need the notifications silenced & then don't have to worry about turning them back on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon