Battery Issues?

jmg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having any battery drain issues with the video player? I haven't even used it at all, and it says the 17% of my battery is used up by the video player?

Any ideas?

I would post a screen shot, but I'm not sure how to do that.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having any battery drain issues with the video player? I haven't even used it at all, and it says the 17% of my battery is used up by the video player?

Any ideas?

I would post a screen shot, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Do you have alot of movies or videos on your phone?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

jmg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just inserted an old 8gb micro SD card with 5 personal videos all less than 2 minutes. That's it. No movies or anything longer than a couple of minutes.

Could that be the culprit even though they are on the SD card and never being played?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just inserted an old 8gb micro SD card with 5 personal videos all less than 2 minutes. That's it. No movies or anything longer than a couple of minutes.

Could that be the culprit even though they are on the SD card and never being played?
The phone scans for videos to cache for the stock videos players preview function. You know how you can see the clips in motion if you open the video players gallery. Sometimes if there is a bad file or corrupt video it will make this caching to act a little crazy and suck down your battery. this is just a guess of what could be wrong ,of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze