Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom / Non-Rooted

Default Re: Extra Perks for Buying Note 2 Full Price?

Quote Originally Posted by weasel123 View Post
    I bought mine at full price so I could still get unlimited data and my monthly rate would not go up $20 bucks. Then I asked the rep to give me some kind of discount since I was buying at full price and I got a $120 credit towards my bill. not bad
    Dang I wish I knew something like this was possible to ask for? I wonder if I could walk into a vzw spite or call vzw and ask for the same discount?

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    I hope it works out for you. I was pointing these things out because everyone's situation is different and you cannot predict the future. I'm not sure why the OP paid $750. Full retail is $649, which is then a net cost of $10. If you needed the additional line the decision is much easier to make, but to carry the additional line for 2 years might not make a lot of sense.

I too spend a lot of money on Amazon and am a Prime member. With that said, I will stick to brick and mortar to purchase my cell phones. Mainly because I want the Best Buy protection plan. They will also price match, they have a great return policy and no restocking fees.

We all make our choices for our own reasons. The beauty of this forum is to share our individual thoughts, help others decide what's best for them, and to seek help when needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I got mine 4 Days after being released, so retail was $699+tax=~$750

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    <clip> I'm not sure why the OP paid $750. Full retail is $649
    May have gotten it directly from Verizon (like I did) where it's still $699 + tax. My total with tax was $762 and I'll honestly say I don't regret one cent of it! This phone (and keeping unlimited data) is the bomb!

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I too took the full retail plunge.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom / Non-Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    May have gotten it directly from Verizon (like I did) where it's still $699 + tax. My total with tax was $762 and I'll honestly say I don't regret one cent of it! This phone (and keeping unlimited data) is the bomb!
    Yup I got mine from the vzw store.

Default Extra Perks for Buying Note 2 Full Price?

If I remember correctly Verizon charges a $50 fee for buying a phone at full retail so the price would actually come out to be $700 plus taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by scott750 View Post
    Dang I wish I knew something like this was possible to ask for? I wonder if I could walk into a vzw spite or call vzw and ask for the same discount?

The rep actually said that it would be best to buy it outright then sign a contract. I would've ended up paying more in the long run than retail. I just asked the guy that I wanted to feel like I got the better deal and he was cool about it. He even called me a week later to make sure everything went smoothly.

I got mine 4 Days after being released, so retail was $699+tax=~$750

My fiancé and I have share everything with 6gb data. We never use more than 3.5 in a month unless we take a trip or something, but having 6gb is really no different than having unlimited for our usage (we use way more data than that, but 75% of the time we are on wifi). And im paying less per month. It works out great for us, we use all the data we want and save money.
    Who? likes this.

You have to factor in Amazon's $400 ETF in your scenario somewhere. They nail you if you change within 180 days.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CodyAB30 View Post
    My fiancé and I have share everything with 6gb data. We never use more than 3.5 in a month unless we take a trip or something, but having 6gb is really no different than having unlimited for our usage (we use way more data than that, but 75% of the time we are on wifi). And im paying less per month. It works out great for us, we use all the data we want and save money.
    Most people don't need unlimited data because they have wifi at home. People are always surprised when I look up their data usage and it's only 1gb per line

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Who? likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Most people don't need unlimited data because they have wifi at home. People are always surprised when I look up their data usage and it's only 1gb per line
    Sounds like me, I really don't NEED unlimited, but I WANT it for the peace of mind knowing that I'll never have to worry about overages regardless of what I do with the phone. That and my home Internet (DSL) is A LOT slower than LTE and I also just don't want to be bothered switching back and forth between Wi-Fi and mobile data.

Global Posts
    10,397 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I had unlimited data up until this phone. I just got to thinking of the cost of paying full retail to keep my unlimited data and it became apparent it was unnecessary for me. Most everywhere has wifi nowadays anyway. I used to go over on minutes sometimes, and actually prefer my phone now with unlimited talk time. If I didn't have wifi at my house and used the phone as my only means of Internet, then maybe I could see trying to keep unlimited.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    516 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post

I take it you work for Verizon?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
    Hmmmm. Imagine that. I wonder if that's the CEO again ? Telling everyone "Nobody needs Unlimited Data anymore."

Default Extra Perks for Buying Note 2 Full Price?

I wish I didn't have to give up unlimited data but I felt the unlimited talk was more important to me, in my situation. I have been able to mange data very well by using wifi at home and in the offices and hotels as I travel for work. I have able to keep my data under 2gb per month and under 4gb for the entire family plan. My wife and daughter don't do a lot with the data outside the house which makes it easier.

I paid full retail because I like to have new devices on my schedule, not VZs. Resale value of flagship type devices are strong so I really don't feel like I have overpaid. The added benefit of not extending my contract is nice too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom / Non-Rooted

I normally use just under 2 GB of data. And that's using Wifi at the house. But when I travel I can easily go up to 4-6GB. I didn't want to pay for a bigger plan just to have it available on the rare occasion.

Global Posts
    516 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
    Hmmmm. Imagine that. I wonder if that's the CEO again ? Telling everyone "Nobody needs Unlimited Data anymore."
    LOL. Just seemed like they worked for them because they said they tell people they only use 1G per month. Ive gotten into arguments with VZW employees who tell me I use that much per line when some phones arent even on to be used. The system auto rounds up to the nearest gig. LOL

I refused to use the Share Everything crap because Id pay the same or slightly more and get a whole lot less. In our situation it would cost about what I pay now but loose 6 gig of data. I dont need unlimited talk so trying to push that to me as a selling point wont win me over.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Jackass alert.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jludwig57 View Post
    They say you had to notice it within 14 days to correct the error. It was noticed in 21 days when the next bill was recieved. Now on A T & T.
    Where you don't have unlimited data. I understand the thought of leaving Verizon because you feel they screwed you, but moving from one Man to the other doesn't change anything, and hopefully it didn't cost you money in the form of ETFs and new phone purchases just to prove a point to yourself that nobody else notices.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Where you don't have unlimited data. I understand the thought of leaving Verizon because you feel they screwed you, but moving from one Man to the other doesn't change anything, and hopefully it didn't cost you money in the form of ETFs and new phone purchases just to prove a point to yourself that nobody else notices.
    No there was more to it than that. Poor signal quality at home. Driving a mile north of my home town, could not get any signal for the next 15 miles. The signal was so bad I couldn't even call out. I was out of contract as I was due for an upgrade.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jludwig57 View Post
    No there was more to it than that. Poor signal quality at home. Driving a mile north of my home town, could not get any signal for the next 15 miles. The signal was so bad I couldn't even call out. I was out of contract as I was due for an upgrade.
    Sounds like you made the right decision. Hope it's working out.

You just have to be smarter then the man Lol. I pay full retail for phones anyway so it works out for me. All you have to do get rid of your phone before its deemed out of date. For example I had the gs3 then sold it for 320 then bought the note 2 off craigslist for 600.. And I will sell this when they announce another note. So if you do the math 300 for the gs3 and I only added 280 on top. Less then contract price.. Carriers know that initial sticker shock will make people switch their plan but you can always find phones cheap on craigslist specially as they get older. I refuse to always have to be looking for WiFi everywhere I go. And a lot of peoples WiFi is slower then lte.

ONE BAD *** NOTE 2 ON A BAD *** JELLY ☆BEANS☆ ROM

Best Buy mobile

Quote Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
    I didn't say nobody needed unlimited data just that most don't and it's usually cheaper to switch to a share everything plan if you're on a family plan.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Jackass alert.
    Who are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by treb1797 View Post
    Those bastards
    Haha.

Btw. Love the avatar picture.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Thanked by:
    treb1797 likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast