4G LTE Issue

DJock93

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just picked up my Note 2 a couple of a days ago and I'm noticing something strange. In areas where I know for a fact there is a strong 4G signal, my Note won't connect to it. Strange, because even my GNex and its crap radios would have 4G in these areas. I toggled the network on and off and it connected to 4G. Then it drops back to 3G after a few minutes...What gives?? Anyone else experience anything similar?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just picked up my Note 2 a couple of a days ago and I'm noticing something strange. In areas where I know for a fact there is a strong 4G signal, my Note won't connect to it. Strange, because even my GNex and its crap radios would have 4G in these areas. I toggled the network on and off and it connected to 4G. Then it drops back to 3G after a few minutes...What gives?? Anyone else experience anything similar?

Settings>more settings>Mobile networks>Network mode>LTE/CDMA
Reboot

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't quite understand...I know how to enable LTE I'm saying it won't hold a connection..
Oh i see, well i thought it may had been a possibility that it wasnt set to LTE/CDMA. I apologize if you felt insulted by my suggestion. Good luck

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Have u tried talking your SIM card out and putting it back in to make sure that it was seated correctly? Could be a shot in the dark but would be worth a try before you go to Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Has it ever connected to 4G LTE at all? The sim card may be bad even though the phone is new, I've heard of people replacing their sim card at a Verizon store for free, and see if that happens to fix the problem. Btw, even if the sim is bad, it will still make, receive calls, and connect to 3G.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No, no problem! Seeing as I only have 8 posts on this forum I would've thought I was a noob too :p

I never call anyone a noob. That's why I spend all my time here at Android Central. Everyone starts someplace.
I consider myself barely intermediate type user.

New or seasoned users sometimes over look obvious things. For example i can make packages of roms odin flashable, in fact I was very popular for it in the days of the Galaxy fascinate. But just the other day I was trying to flash a file with odin and I kept getting errors. Finally I realized I forgot to decompress the file. Super rookie mistake but it happens.

So I don't assume that someone covered the obvious stuff and when I make a tutorial I work from that basis.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you X. Mine was set to GLOBAL. Did I do the right thing setting it to LTE/CDMA?
Rob

It will work in global but it scans for global networks if you lose signal or it gets weak. So I think it takes extra time to scan frequencies instead of locking into what is available.

in8won

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine is set for global and i have been using it since the end of November with out issues. Should I change it?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine is set for global and i have been using it since the end of November with out issues. Should I change it?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

You don't have to but since he was having problems we want to eliminate any possible problems. But since you are not traveling I would set it to LTE/cdma

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I am using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II model number SCH-I605. I use to travel a lot for work outside US and when I am abroad I use many different local SIM cards. Right now I am in Europe and I am using a local SIM card, the phone is working well (I can call, use internet, etc.). The problem that I have is that I am not able to use the LTE 4G. The LTE is available and the SIM too (I have already called the Carrier), but still I can only use the 3G.

The mobile network is: "Global". I already tried to switch to LTE/CDMA, the phone asked "Serching for LTE/CDMA" but it dosent work.

Could you please help me with the configuration?

Thanks a lot for your help.