Loose s pen hovering feature in nova launcher?

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I noticed after installing nova that i no longer have the spen hovering feature... is mine broken or is this bc of the launcher thanks a lot.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Probably because it might be a touchwiz feature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I use nova, and the hovering works for me. It doesn't do anything while nova is active except show the circle, but it works normally in apps that support it.

Have you tried running the standard launcher to see if hovering comes back? Then you would know for sure.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the same experience as MrMLK. That's how is supposed to work. I didn't expect the Nova team to write in support for a feature on a small subset of devices. If Spen use becomes a huge hit and grabs a substantial amount of market share, devs will begin to support it if there are apis for it. I'm not a developer so I have no idea if there even is an api.
It seems the Note 2 is really taking of so this may become a reality in the future. I could, of course, be totally wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the same experience as MrMLK. That's how is supposed to work. I didn't expect the Nova team to write in support for a feature on a small subset of devices. If Spen use becomes a huge hit and grabs a substantial amount of market share, devs will begin to support it if there are apis for it. I'm not a developer so I have no idea if there even is an api.
It seems the Note 2 is really taking of so this may become a reality in the future. I could, of course, be totally wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

so if i dont have a circle hovering i probably have some sort of problem?... i just got the phone yesterday

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
so if i dont have a circle hovering i probably have some sort of problem?... i just got the phone yesterday

I have nova and the however circle shows. Do you have airview on?
Settings> s pen> airview
From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have nova and the however circle shows. Do you have airview on?
Settings> s pen> airview
From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
Yeah i already checked that i will take the phone back tomorrow and see what they say... i am new to android so i appreciate all of you for the help you have given me but i think this may be hardware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca