Funny reactions that the note 2 brings you!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I get a lot of looks, but have only had one reaction so far where a co-worker saw my white Note 2 (no case, naked) sitting next to me at my desk and said: "WOW, what IS that?". Before I could even respond he immediately turned to everyone in the room (about five other co-workers) and shouted, "Hey everyone, look at the size of that thing! It's huge!" He looked at me and continued, "Hold it up, show everyone that huge thing!" LOL Which I proudly complied. :cool: Everyone seemed intrigued, especially when I broke out the S-Pen; not one negative comment on its size, not even from the two iPhone 4 users which I could tell were jealous! ;)

On that Note (;)), I recently broke out my old Thunderbolt (4.3" screen) and it was quite surreal how small it felt in hand. It was like a toy phone. Can't imagine ever going back to anything that small. Muahhhh.... :p

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I got made fun of by an apple fanboy the other day. He said that my note was too big and then pulled out his iPad and held it up to his head pretending to talk on it. I think he was just jealous that everyone was interested in my note and the s pen than with his iPhone!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It is far funnier to see someone holding up ANY ~10" tablet to take a picture with it, than seeing someone holding a Note 2 to their ear for a phone call. There is NO COMPARISON.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I was with a client who has a GS3 and he set the GS3 on my screen and the whole thing fit. He couldn't believe it. Being that it is in an OB Defender it really gives a false impression of the thickness and weight. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't get at least one comment about how big it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Got a new iPhone 5 owner to say that my phone made his phone seem like a dumb phone. Ahhhhh the joys of having android.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Today I was at an appointment and I notice 3 of the guys looking at me giggling. I say, what's so funny? They say, that thing is huge! I had it in the holster on my belt. I walked around the corner and someone else asks if it was a tablet. Then another one approached and said, hey that's the new Note 2, mind if I see it. I showed it to him and he was amazed. I ended up demoing the phone about 3 times today and everyone was surprised at what I showed them. I showed off some of the S-pen features.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
This weekend I was at the end of the Golden Gate taking pictures with my note 2. Then I looked over and a woman is holding up a gigantic iPad taking pictures also. I couldn't help but snicker. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Had my note 2 sitting out on my desk, and all of a sudden my English professor paused and said "that is one huge phone!" And then carried on with the lesson.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had a man tell me it was as big as my arm. Said he can't understand why. I said why not?! He wanted to hold it. Ahhhh..NO...no stranger will ever hold my Note2. Never ever ever....OK Taylor. Write a song bout that!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I got 2 more reactions recently on the size of my phone. After taking a group shot picture at a family dinner with my phone, one guy said to me "is that your phone?!" He held my phone up to his ear and said "this phone is bigger than my face!". The other day while riding down an elevator with a group of guys, one guy asks "is that your phone, it's huge?!" He then asked, "must be great for watching p@rn, huh??" I replied back "waaaay!!" Everybody cracked up!

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
What's also strange is that I've gotten a couple reactions on the hugeness of my phone such as "wow, that's like my old phone from years ago!" That's because cell phones from 10+ years ago were huge. I replied back, but this huge phone of mine has a 5.5" screen with a quad-core processor and a stylus pen! That shut them up! Haha!

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I picked up my dog from the groomers yesterday and they asked if I went with the iPhone 5. I replied I picked the Note2 and they asked me where was I hiding it??!! The staff giggled until I told them my wife I got one too! They quickly quiet down when I told them what I could do with it compared to the iPhone.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I had someone say no other cell phone within a 100 yards gets service because mine sucks up all the bandwidth/cell service
My cousin asked if we could watch the superbowl on it

I tell people I ordered a new case and it comes with back pack straps

I also get a lot of references to trigger happy tv

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
OK. I had a guy ask me this morning if I would trade phones. What is it with me getting these weird ppl approaching me? First online in this site and now today while I was enjoying coffee before my conference call. Lol. IPhone 5. Are you kidding me? Told him to please get a life and enjoy his phone.
Glad I gave insurance. Might get stolen.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday while using my phone for a bit, my iPhone using co-worker (who sits next to me) said, ?I see you?re using your large screen TV again.? I just smiled and said, ?Yup!? :p

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My diehard Iphone and all Apple using assistant just won't admit my Note 2 does so much more than his phone will ever do! I was showing him how cool and fast the swype keyboard was and he said, "I don't think I would like that, kind of confusing." What? Are you kidding me!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My diehard Iphone and all Apple using assistant just won't admit my Note 2 does so much more than his phone will ever do! I was showing him how cool and fast the swype keyboard was and he said, "I don't think I would like that, kind of confusing." What? Are you kidding me!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

I know. I have had that same response to a few of the features this phone has. I have heard "I don't think I would use that" a few times. I chalk it up to one of two things. Either that person just really wants the same simple experience they are used to and has zero interest in something new and different or they are so wrapped up in ios that they can't see out of that world apple has them living in. Either way they are doing what they feel is best for them so all is good. I had a hard time leaving ios at first too but I am so accustomed to having more and better features that I can't go back now. It's not just the Note 2, it's the fact that android is so far ahead now.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol