Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4000mah Ebay Battery review

So I thought I would give this battery a shot. Its the KINPS brand from China. Originally with my stock battery I was getting 18-19 hours or so with my screen at 50% and with light to moderate/heavy use. That in itself is awesome since my towards the end of my old Droid X's life it only lasted about 3-4 hours before running to the charger (now bought a 4300mah battery for it and it still doesnt last as long as my Note 2 with the extended battery). When I first installed this battery I ran it all the way down to 1% and charged it for 10 hours like the instructions said. I ran the battery down doing my usual routine with some movies via otg cable and usb stick, web surfing, games, speaker phone calls, playing music, and texting. Well, when I ran it down I only got around 23-24 hours. I was kind of disappointed.

After the next 2 charges the battery just got better and better. My personal best so far is 40 hours and this is with my "usual" routine. The battery itself fits perfectly in the oem slot without having to swap out the back cover. I find myself only having to charge my phone every other day.

In short this battery is highly recommended!!! Didn't hurt that it was dirt cheap as well at 12.99 with free shipping.
    Last edited by YukeYukeTroublemaker; 01-06-2013 at 07:06 AM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: 4000mah Ebay Battery review

Quote Originally Posted by YukeYukeTroublemaker View Post
    So I thought I would give this battery a shot. Its the KINPS brand from China. Originally with my stock battery I was getting 18-19 hours or so with my screen at 50% and with light to moderate/heavy use. That in itself is awesome since my towards the end of my old Droid X's life it only lasted about 3-4 hours before running to the charger (now bought a 4300mah battery for it and it still doesnt last as long as my Note 2 with the extended battery). When I first installed this battery I ran it all the way down to 1% and charged it for 10 hours like the instructions said. I ran the battery down doing my usual routine with some movies via otg cable and usb stick, web surfing, games, speaker phone calls, playing music, and texting. Well, when I ran it down I only got around 23-24 hours. I was kind of disappointed.

After the next 2 charges the battery just got better and better. My personal best so far is 40 hours and this is with my "usual" routine. The battery itself fits perfectly in the oem slot without having to swap out the back cover. I find myself only having to charge my phone every other day.

In short this battery is highly recommended!!! Didn't hurt that it was dirt cheap as well at 12.99 with free shipping.
    Can you send us a link please ?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
    Can you send us a link please ?
    Found it ...

High 4000mAh Replacement Battery EB595675LU for Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 N7100 | eBay
    Thanked by:

Personally, I've always questioned whether a lot these cheaper third party batteries truly measure up to genuine OEM Samsung batteries. Not to mention they make me uncomfortable in risking damage to my high end device just to save a few bucks (not worth it IMO). Rather spend a few extra bucks sticking with genuine Samsung batteries. At least if something were to go wrong you have full recourse with Samsung.
    bigoldthor and destefmx6 like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Failed to mention that in between those 40hrs the phone was on idle while I slept so minus 8-9 hours from that 40hrs.

ROM
    Stock

Failed to mention that in between those 40hrs the phone was on idle while I slept so minus 8-9 hours from that 40hrs.
    I just ordered one just because. How long did it take to get it ?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I live in California and it took about a week for me.

Quote Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
    I just ordered one just because.
    Me too. For $11.99 This is a deal to hard to pass up.

Randall

ROM
    Jelly Beans build 6

Quote Originally Posted by randalldavis View Post
    Me too. For $11.99 This is a deal to hard to pass up.

Randall
    When you get yours can you please post your experience with it?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Its a dollar cheaper now? Arghhhh!
    crl95 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

I live in California and it took about a week for me.
    It says It will arrive between Jan. 24th and Feb 11th.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Those are just estimated but I looked and you ordered from a different vendor than I did. Mine shipped on 11-23 and I revieved it on 12-03, so it should be pretty quick. especially coming from China.

Its the same size as the original battery?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Yes, this is exactly the same size as the OEM battery... it does not require a different back cover. They do have bigger capacity batteries but those will make the thin profile of the note look like a step Couple examples of my battery life on 2 different occasions... these werent exactly intensive days... more light to modeate use... the 7% was more heavier use..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4000mah Ebay Battery review-note1.png   4000mah Ebay Battery review-note2.png  

What are your on screen times with those numbers?
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    Dito!!!

From my Note2 to hopefully yours

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Be careful with aftermarket batteries. Not worth it IMHO.

I saw a 6200mah battery available. But I don't trust that Chinese ebay generic crap. If it is legit, that thing would last 2 full days with moderate use easy

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kgk1985 View Post
    I saw a 6200mah battery available. But I don't trust that Chinese ebay generic crap. If it is legit, that thing would last 2 full days with moderate use easy

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Ahhhhh.. the age old question of name brand vs chinese made. Im not going to start a flame war over this but in reality I just wanted to give people who are interested a cheap option that I have tried myself. I have used this battery for over a month now and not even a hiccup, it is fast as ever. Haven't even had to re-start my phone for any reason. So, just passing some info on.
    Thanked by 2:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kgk1985 View Post

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sudbury78 View Post
    I don't know, I never looked, however i did find out that I could get extra details on it. Sorry, like the saying goes "you learn something new every day."

It looks like with these batteries we loose the NFC function of the existing OEM batteries...don't know if I like that or not.

Why is this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by brownguy View Post
    Why is this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    NFC function is made in the OEM battery is enabled via the antennae made in the OEM battery?

On the GS3 the NFC antenna is in the battery but the NFC antenna in the Note 2 is in the battery cover.

I may have to jump on this for 12 bucks why not. as long as it doesnt explode
    sudbury78 likes this.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast