Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Can't delete images in gallery with "picasa" icon. I have no Picasa account.

Will this method clear only synch data or all pics from gallery

Default Re: Can't delete images in gallery with "picasa" icon. I have no Picasa account.

This is very simple ..... login on your gmail account and delete all your photos on there ..... then go to your andriod (mine galaxy 3) and check the box on your gmail account to sync on your phone with web photos .. sync and when you look at your phone gallery all will be gone that you have deleted on your gmail/picasa account....

So im really stuck ..I have a album called auto back up..I can not delete them off my phone. I deleted them off google plus app and re synced... I only want a few pictures deleted..... please help

Quote Originally Posted by Soton_Dazza View Post
    Thanks Scott,

Eventually got rid of it by clearing the data in the App setting for the Gallery App!

Cheers
    Darryn
    As did I. Clearing Cache wasn't enough. Clearing data doesn't delete anything off your phone despite what the warning leads you to believe. At least it didn't on my S4, still have camera pics and screenshots.

Additionally, you will want to uncheck the picassa sync prior to doing this, otherwise the albums will just redownload.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Yeo View Post
    So im really stuck ..I have a album called auto back up..I can not delete them off my phone. I deleted them off google plus app and re synced... I only want a few pictures deleted..... please help
    Tim: This took me forever to work since all the forums don't actually address this. Like you, I only wanted to delete a couple of photos off my phone from my picasa account, not the whole picasa album.
    You were on the right track by going to Google+ on your PC and deleting the individual photos from there. Next, go back to your phone and go to the home screen > Settings > Application manager > Gallery > Clear Data.
    Don't worry, this will delete all the picasa album photos from your phone but they are not deleted from Google + so you will get them back. It does not delete any photos on your SD card.
    Then go back to Gallery > menu > Settings > Choose your google account to sync > Resync picasa albums (at the bottom). This will take awhile if you have a lot of photos in your picasa / google+ albums so you might want to make sure you are on wifi.
    Then they should all be back, minus the offending photos you deleted off Google + earlier! I really hope that helps you. I searched for ages trying to find the answer to this before working it out myself!

Whooo! Thanks a lot!

Awesome thanks Scott

Thanks I have had success and the auto backup now deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Byrne View Post
    Tim: This took me forever to work since all the forums don't actually address this. Like you, I only wanted to delete a couple of photos off my phone from my picasa account, not the whole picasa album.
    You were on the right track by going to Google+ on your PC and deleting the individual photos from there. Next, go back to your phone and go to the home screen > Settings > Application manager > Gallery > Clear Data.
    Don't worry, this will delete all the picasa album photos from your phone but they are not deleted from Google + so you will get them back. It does not delete any photos on your SD card.
    Then go back to Gallery > menu > Settings > Choose your google account to sync > Resync picasa albums (at the bottom). This will take awhile if you have a lot of photos in your picasa / google+ albums so you might want to make sure you are on wifi.
    Then they should all be back, minus the offending photos you deleted off Google + earlier! I really hope that helps you. I searched for ages trying to find the answer to this before working it out myself!
    Will turning sync back on, also return photos found in Gallery to show many with the picasa symbol on them?
    Also, tonight, using picasa tool, I found web albums- would like to delete completely- have suggestions? Realize it's a bit beyond what you covered but I'm hopeful.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Byrne View Post
    Oops, meant: in picasa tool, discovered auto backup, want to delete entirely, in fact, I'm so irritated by all the synced photos involving picasa, I'd like to delete all under guise of picasa- you know how to delete this large autobackup album of photos?
    I've already disabled G+ long ago. I haven't done a thing from PC but have unchecked sync p.web albums (gmail accounts still not having sync on- I miss that!), from app mgr, all, gallery, cleared data c cache is auto done) so I've got to point in gallery, I'm no longer seeing pics with picasa icon on them.
    Somehow, I feel this is temporary- even tho I've got sync off, G+ off, once I figure out how to delete autobackup, I'll be golden. There may be a menu button, delete album option but I did lots of this tonight, needed to first see that gallery was cleared from having picasa iconed pics. At least, there's progress- using bright kernels from forum help, I'm in far better shape than when I first arrived to find solutions! Many thanks to all !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I also had this problem and tried what you said TofuTwit and my pictures are off Google+ now but they didn't disappear from my phone gallery they just turned grey and still have a Picasa symbol?
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Did u go into settings applications gallery and wipe cache n data
    Quote Originally Posted by idontevenknow View Post
    I also had this problem and tried what you said TofuTwit and my pictures are off Google+ now but they didn't disappear from my phone gallery they just turned grey and still have a Picasa symbol?

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by TofuTwit View Post
    The way to delete the Picasa albums off of the phone but not your Google account is to make sure that the sync option is off. Then go to Settings - Application Manager - All - Gallery - Clear Data/Clear Cache

I just did this on mine and so far so good.

'apatalk
    - - - Updated - - -

Does clearing data and cache delete all photos from gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehreen Anwar View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Does clearing data and cache delete all photos from gallery?
    No. The pictures aren't really in the gallery. That's just the way to view them.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12