Note II on the way

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has sent me a Note II to replace my RAZR Maxx HD which has had nothing short of unacceptable issues. Four replacements later and my Wi-Fi still doesn't hold a signal and yet it's got to be the specific phones fault or my network. Well, no more! Verizon has swapped me to a Samsung Galaxy Note II (Gray). I went out today and bought the gray flip case in preparation of my new phone. My question is this - Does the $100 dock that's white work well with the Flip Cover? I can't see why it wouldn't but I also cant see why it would be worth it due to the cover. I'm just so used to having a dock of some sort just for the "it" factor I guess.

Any suggestions to make the phone run better if needed let me know. Can't wait!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has sent me a Note II to replace my RAZR Maxx HD which has had nothing short of unacceptable issues. Four replacements later and my Wi-Fi still doesn't hold a signal and yet it's got to be the specific phones fault or my network. Well, no more! Verizon has swapped me to a Samsung Galaxy Note II (Gray). I went out today and bought the gray flip case in preparation of my new phone. My question is this - Does the $100 dock that's white work well with the Flip Cover? I can't see why it wouldn't but I also cant see why it would be worth it due to the cover. I'm just so used to having a dock of some sort just for the "it" factor I guess.

Any suggestions to make the phone run better if needed let me know. Can't wait!

Holy $h*(^ thats some replacement. congrats!
I dont know about the case and dock thing.

It runs really great right out of the box so its going to be mostly preference.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Tell me about it. It's rare to be able to do this because it's still considered an Iconic device but I was able to work some things out. I guess I got the right representative that was able to convince her supervisor to allow it. The issue I ran into was Verizon doesn't even have a SKU for a battery or battery cover. I ordered both from Samsung ($50 Battery, $10 door) and the representative had me e-mail her the receipts and she will attempt to get me all or some of the money credited back due to this. Either way, I don't care as that's a small price to pay to get such a big upgrade.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got the phone and so far its superior to the razr maxx hd in so many ways.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
ive always been a moto guy . but it seems no matter what you just cant get a totally good unit from them here lately . i had both the razr and the razr maxx and had multiple issues with both . after i got the S3 i was hooked on samsung people can say whatever they want to about build quality and radios and this and that but i wouldnt trade etheir my note2 or s3 for any moto phone out right now . for my use i have been as satisfied as im likely to ever be with a phone with these two phones . no there not perfect but they are close to perfect in my eyes.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
ive always been a moto guy . but it seems no matter what you just cant get a totally good unit from them here lately . i had both the razr and the razr maxx and had multiple issues with both . after i got the S3 i was hooked on samsung people can say whatever they want to about build quality and radios and this and that but i wouldnt trade etheir my note2 or s3 for any moto phone out right now . for my use i have been as satisfied as im likely to ever be with a phone with these two phones . no there not perfect but they are close to perfect in my eyes.

After opening up my Note II and installing the SIM Card and MicroSD, I put the Samsung Flip Cover on. I love it - I'm not one who uses cases but this provides about the same protection as a Sena Slim Pouch and yet is more convenient to just flip open and use the device. A few notes:

-Size is excellent. While too big for one handed operation, it is a pleasure to use.
-Build quality is phenomenal. There are no creaks or loose panels like the original Droid RAZR. The RAZR Maxx HD was built just as well in MOST areas except the back by the camera felt odd.
-Ear piece speaker creates no static or vibration. Much clearer and people NEVER say I'm muffled. My 4 RAZR HD devices all had static issues and at times mufflecitis.
-Speaker phone sounds crisper and clearer then RAZR HD.
-Screen is gorgeous.
-Love the keyboard but had to switch to SwiftKey3 due to no actual auto correct. I'm a fast typer but make mistakes on phones due to it.
-I miss the default Motorola that would say "Call from xxx" before the ringer went off.
-Flip Cover is amazing.
-Is there any way to set up the applications in alphabetical order? All my downloaded applications are all over the place

Any other suggestions that a new Samsung owner may not know about Touchwiz please let me know. I used to be die hard Motorola but I've had it. My dBm is stronger on Samsung than the RAZR HD. GO figure...

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
After opening up my Note II and installing the SIM Card and MicroSD, I put the Samsung Flip Cover on. I love it - I'm not one who uses cases but this provides about the same protection as a Sena Slim Pouch and yet is more convenient to just flip open and use the device. A few notes:

-Size is excellent. While too big for one handed operation, it is a pleasure to use.
-Build quality is phenomenal. There are no creaks or loose panels like the original Droid RAZR. The RAZR Maxx HD was built just as well in MOST areas except the back by the camera felt odd.
-Ear piece speaker creates no static or vibration. Much clearer and people NEVER say I'm muffled. My 4 RAZR HD devices all had static issues and at times mufflecitis.
-Speaker phone sounds crisper and clearer then RAZR HD.
-Screen is gorgeous.
-Love the keyboard but had to switch to SwiftKey3 due to no actual auto correct. I'm a fast typer but make mistakes on phones due to it.
-I miss the default Motorola that would say "Call from xxx" before the ringer went off.
-Flip Cover is amazing.
-Is there any way to set up the applications in alphabetical order? All my downloaded applications are all over the place

Any other suggestions that a new Samsung owner may not know about Touchwiz please let me know. I used to be die hard Motorola but I've had it. My dBm is stronger on Samsung than the RAZR HD. GO figure...

yes open the app drawer and hit menu then choose alphabeticle grid .

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Any way to force an MMS to be an actual image and not a Slide show? I really don't like that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2