I bought my Note II on launch day I can say that it is the best Android phone by a long shot. I have owned 12 Android phones to date including each Nexus with the exception of the Nexus 4. So I have a bit of experience. On to why I'm starting this thread.... Today was my 1st time being disappointed with the Note II. I wanted to record some actions from my screen to send to a friend to demonstrate to her how to do something. Pressing the home button and volume up is supposed to initiate screen recording but it's not working. As I dug into it I found that this is an issue on the international as well as carrier branded phones. Has anyone here ever tried and gotten screen recording to work?
    01-08-2013 10:22 PM
    If a Mod strolls through, you can close this. Apparently I missed a thread on XDA about this. Samsung had to remove the feature apparently.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=record
    01-08-2013 10:36 PM
    I bought my Note II on launch day I can say that it is the best Android phone by a long shot. I have owned 12 Android phones to date including each Nexus with the exception of the Nexus 4. So I have a bit of experience. On to why I'm starting this thread.... Today was my 1st time being disappointed with the Note II. I wanted to record some actions from my screen to send to a friend to demonstrate to her how to do something. Pressing the home button and volume up is supposed to initiate screen recording but it's not working. As I dug into it I found that this is an issue on the international as well as carrier branded phones. Has anyone here ever tried and gotten screen recording to work?
    I know you are going to yell at me for this ...... but you can get it by rooting

Here is a video i put together after screen recording
    01-08-2013 10:40 PM
    I know you are going to yell at me for this ...... but you can get it by rooting

Here is a video i put together after screen recording
    Lol. No yelling. I gave up my rooting/roming ways and settled down to live a life of using the carrier/oem sanctioned software. I know, I know....that's no fun. But after some 10 years modding between Windows Mobile and Android I don't have the patience to play the cat and mouse game anymore. Maybe I'll go back to my outlaw ways one day.
    01-08-2013 11:00 PM
    So I am rooted, how do I add the screen record feature?

Dan - Note II on Verizon
    01-08-2013 11:49 PM

Dan - Note II on Verizon
    Sent you a pm

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    01-09-2013 12:00 AM

Dan - Note II on Verizon
    +1
    01-09-2013 12:04 AM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=1407664
    [New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

Set to high quality
    40fps
    PsYcHoNeWb and crl95 like this.
    01-09-2013 12:17 AM

Set to high quality
    40fps

You're welcome guys no need to hit or say Thank you all at once lol.

MrSmith317 and leroybrute like this.
    01-09-2013 07:26 AM
    I don't even plan on using the feature but it's cool nonetheless. Thanks.
    DroidXcon likes this.
    01-09-2013 08:44 AM
    I don't even plan on using the feature but it's cool nonetheless. Thanks.
    Yeah, unless you plan on doing tutorials with it as I plan to. Then I can't think of many practical uses for it.

01-09-2013 11:50 AM
    01-09-2013 07:36 PM
    Hi I am planning to prepare tutorials hence screen recording is very important for me. Does Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 have the same feature? I will appreciate your reply.
    01-17-2013 11:26 AM
    Sent you a pm

Hey, DXC - can you shoot me a copy of those instructions as well? I could really use that with some of the work I do. Thanks!
    01-17-2013 05:48 PM
    Hi I am planning to prepare tutorials hence screen recording is very important for me. Does Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 have the same feature? I will appreciate your reply.
    Hey, DXC - can you shoot me a copy of those instructions as well? I could really use that with some of the work I do. Thanks!
    Posted it earlier see quote below

Set to high quality
    40fps
    01-18-2013 02:05 AM
    Ah, okay, I misunderstood. I thought you had initially referenced a way to do it natively with root. When I saw the Screencast link you provided, I assumed you were passing on details of an alternative method (that didn't require root). My bad!
    01-18-2013 09:41 PM
    Lol. No yelling. I gave up my rooting/roming ways and settled down to live a life of using the carrier/oem sanctioned software. I know, I know....that's no fun. But after some 10 years modding between Windows Mobile and Android I don't have the patience to play the cat and mouse game anymore. Maybe I'll go back to my outlaw ways one day.
    I know you said you gave it up but this note ii is SO easy to root it's absurd. Seriously.....5 minutes and I was rooted (and I'm not a real techie guy). I still run the stock rom but I had to root just for stuff like this and the multi app feature (verizona limited that to about 5 useless apps).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    01-18-2013 10:25 PM
    Hi
    Could you please guide me how to get this screen recording feature. I have a rooted note 2.

Thanks
    05-12-2013 06:20 PM
    I know you said you gave it up but this note ii is SO easy to root it's absurd. Seriously.....5 minutes and I was rooted (and I'm not a real techie guy). I still run the stock rom but I had to root just for stuff like this and the multi app feature (verizona limited that to about 5 useless apps).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Root has been stabilized in 4.1.2?
    05-13-2013 12:51 PM
    i am on 4.4.2 ND7 Firmware.. rooted with gravity box.. i enabled screen recording from power menu but it says "SYSTEM NOT SUPPORTED" is there a way around it?

Thanks.
    11-03-2016 08:49 AM