My reason to not use any type of flip cover case on the Note 2 ever again.

rebelguy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
7 days into owning my Note 2 it fell out of my shirt pocket onto a tile floor. In mid air the flip cover opened up and the Note 2 landed face down. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

almzu86

Thank goodness for insurance. It sucked having to pay a $99 deductible but at least I got a new phone. I have since switched to a ballistic case but it really does add some bulk to the phone. I may have to explore other options.

Opticzar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ouch. Sorry this happened. I'm afraid of this every time I take it out of my pocket, which is why I grip it harder than I think I need to -- every time :) Death grip on my love, the Note 2.

kraski

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
7 days into owning my Note 2 it fell out of my shirt pocket onto a tile floor. In mid air the flip cover opened up and the Note 2 landed face down. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/rebel949/ebay/BrokenNote.jpg

Thank goodness for insurance. It sucked having to pay a $99 deductible but at least I got a new phone. I have since switched to a ballistic case but it really does add some bulk to the phone. I may have to explore other options.

Yikes! I bought a cheap nylon belt holster that's sturdy and has room for a protective case on the phone. For that, I got a Trident Aegis, which seems to be somewhere between the Otterbox Commuter and the Seidio Surface. It seems to have the protection I want with a thinner profile than Otterbox.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
This is a great case. I feel it prevents a 99 dollar oops, yet remains styled.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357778547845.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357778547845.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 206

rebelguy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This is a great case. I feel it prevents a 99 dollar oops, yet remains styled.

That's a great looking case. Do you know how it compares bulk-wise to the ballistic case? I love the note 2 but the ballistic case makes it somewhat of a hassle to carry.

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a zero deductible and never cracked a screen so Im using the flip cover. Havent dropped it yet. I imagine if that happened to me I might consider a case but Id hate to add bulk to such a sleek phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That's a great looking case. Do you know how it compares bulk-wise to the ballistic case? I love the note 2 but the ballistic case makes it somewhat of a hassle to carry.

Not sure how it compares, but it isn't too bad at all. Not quite as sleek as a tpu case, but with the added shock absorbing layer, I don't mind the extra 3 or 4 mm.:)

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
This is why I never keep my phone in my shirt pocket. You are asking for an accident IMO.

I personally use the Seidio Active. I usually go for the Outerbox, but it just adds to much bulk to this phone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that there is no product out there that will give full protection no matter what the impact.

When flexible oleds are introduced they will be shatter proof. Not scratch proof though i would def use screen protectors.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
OP, I thought the flip cover was more meant to prevent accidental screen damage rather than drop damage. I've personally never used a case on my phone because I don't like the way it looks vs the naked phone but the flip cover looks nice and wipes away my fingerprints while the phone is in my pocket. I personally never took this as a damage prohibitive case for device.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My goodness! I would've died right in the spot where it fell. They would have to call an ambulance for me. That looks like a car ran over your phone and backed up again to make sure it was dead. Glad you had insurance and got a new one though. Be careful

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I never put a phone in shirt pocket, or back pocket. For the time being I'm using the snap-to-close leather (fake?) case that Verizon sells for roughly 20 bucks. doesn't add so much bulk that it makes it difficult to put in my pants pockets. come summer time, I may get a belt clip case as my shorts pockets are smaller than what I'm wearing now.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I never put a phone in shirt pocket, or back pocket. For the time being I'm using the snap-to-close leather (fake?) case that Verizon sells for roughly 20 bucks. doesn't add so much bulk that it makes it difficult to put in my pants pockets. come summer time, I may get a belt clip case as my shorts pockets are smaller than what I'm wearing now.

Well, I'm about 250 lbs. and the only time I might have a problem is when I wear my Dallas Cowboys Booty Shorts because they are cut with the cheeks hanging out so the pockets are too small for my Note 2. (Yawl got a visual) LOL !!!

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
How did you score a zero dectable??
I have a zero deductible and never cracked a screen so Im using the flip cover. Havent dropped it yet. I imagine if that happened to me I might consider a case but Id hate to add bulk to such a sleek phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a zero deductible

I would like to know as well... what phone insurance has zero deductible?

back to the cracked phone... I had a Galaxy S3 with Otterbox Defender case. It slipped out of my hand as I was getting it out of my pants pocket.
It dropped 34 inches(more or less... my pants inseam is 34 inches) and landed on the kitchen floor on its back, with the screen facing up.
The kitchen had vinyl flooring. The screen had spider web cracks and a long diagonal crack running from lower left to upper right, not as severe
as the OP's, but still made the phone unusable. :( Just saying that even with the Otterbox Defender, it doesn't offer 100% protection. :(
Best way to avoid this is not dropping the phone in the first place. :D I didn't have insurance at the time, unfortunately.

I contacted Otterbox and they told me there was nothing they could do. Obviously... However, they were nice enough to offer me a free Defender
case for ANY phone, if I replaced the cracked S3 with another phone. I took them up on that offer when I bought the Note 2.