Battery life while on verizon lte....

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Im currently on sprint in a city that currently has no LTE at the moment. Having this phone with lack of service i cant use this phone to the best of its ability. Therefore i am converting to verizon pretty soon. I am wondering how is the battery life on this device when LTE is turned on?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Opticzar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've got my LTE turned on all day. Unless I game a lot at night or watch a bunch of videos during the day, it usually has about 30-40% charge with moderate day use. You have to really work at it to drain a battery in one day.

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I run 70% wifi and 30% lte. Can get a good 26 hours out of battery with moderate use.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I run 70% wifi and 30% lte. Can get a good 26 hours out of battery with moderate use.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much this. My wifi use might be a little big lower, but overall my battery easily last the whole day. I have gone to bed after a full day without it plugged in with it @ 50% battery. I am not a HEAVY user by any means, but I am on it pretty consistently, and even on Sundays when I am watching NFL mobile my battery still will be around the 30% range at the end of the day.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My phone lasts at least a full day and a half with being connected to 4G and WiFi probably close to a 50/50 split. At the office I have to connect to 4G, the work WiFi cuts in and out where I sit so I just don't bother with it and I get 2-3 bars of 4G at my desk. It drains slightly quicker than I would like but nothing I can do, I keep a charger at my desk. When I am home connected to WiFi, or most other places like friends houses or whatever I connect to WiFi there too and battery drains pretty slowly. Usually at the end of the day I am around 50-60% depending on usage during the day. On days where I don't touch my phone that much during work and after I can get it close to 2 days.

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I get 6ish hours of screen on time daily but to be fair i am on airplane mode for 8 hours during the day...no signal at work but i do listen to music quite often through those hours.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Im currently on sprint in a city that currently has no LTE at the moment. Having this phone with lack of service i cant use this phone to the best of its ability. Therefore i am converting to verizon pretty soon. I am wondering how is the battery life on this device when LTE is turned on?

I always leave my Note 2 on LTE (no Wi-Fi ever) and get great battery life (currently at 3 days, 6 hours with 2 hours screen on time; see screen shot below). From my experience with my Thunderbolt and now the Note 2, LTE itself is not a major battery drain, it's much more about the signal strength and how hard the phone has to work to hold onto it and how that may cause it to frequently switch between LTE, 3G or even 1x. Although admittedly, the newer generation radios such as in the Note 2 are much more efficient than the first gen. Thunderbolt were, so there is a contributing factor there. :) In my case, where I live LTE is strong so the phone is always locked on to it. Otherwise, when I do use the Note 2 heavily (again on LTE), I still get a whole day of use (ex. 20+ hours with 4-6 hours of screen on time). It takes a lot to kill the Note 2's battery! :)

Screenshot_2013-01-10-17-28-42.png

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I always leave my Note 2 on LTE (no Wi-Fi ever) and get great battery life (currently at 3 days, 6 hours with 2 hours screen on time; see screen shot below). From my experience with my Thunderbolt and now the Note 2, LTE itself is not a major battery drain, it's much more about the signal strength and how hard the phone has to work to hold onto it and how that may cause it to frequently switch between LTE, 3G or even 1x. Although admittedly, the newer generation radios such as in the Note 2 are much more efficient than the first gen. Thunderbolt were, so there is a contributing factor there. :) In my case, where I live LTE is strong so the phone is always locked on to it. Otherwise, when I do use the Note 2 heavily (again on LTE), I still get a whole day of use (ex. 20+ hours with 4-6 hours of screen on time). It takes a lot to kill the Note 2's battery! :)

View attachment 56350

Jesus christ that's some good battery life! I hope my Verizon note 2 will give me great life as well.

Thank you,

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

SupperDroid

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I use Juice Defender, set up to turn LTE off when screen goes off. No sense on running the radio when in your pocket unless you need auto data sync which I do not do.I get about 2 days on one charge with moderate use. This phone has outstanding battery life.I also use Proximity Screen Off, drop it in your pocket and screen goes off.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I use Juice Defender, set up to turn LTE off when screen goes off. No sense on running the radio when in your pocket unless you need auto data sync which I do not do.I get about 2 days on one charge with moderate use. This phone has outstanding battery life.I also use Proximity Screen Off, drop it in your pocket and screen goes off.

I use Deep Sleep Battery Saver. I forgot how I found it but loving it. Can't complain 19 hrs on battery with 6 1/2 hours of screen time. :D

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I used to use juice defender. It gave me to many problems. Plus I read that really don't improve battery life that much.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have never been a huge advocator of these type apps but I am actually going to give DS battery saver a fair shot. Running the balanced profile to see how I fair through out my day compared to a normal usage. My main issue with battery drain is at work where I have to connect to my data service and sometimes that spotty. I don't do much with my phone at work so it will be good to have everything off while I am at my desk. I send a few texts here and there during lunch but aside from that, the phone sits dormant while I am at work.

SupperDroid

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I have been running it now for about 22 hrs. I must say, using battery monitor widget to monitor the battery drain, It was using about 40-50ma when sleep, it has now dropped down to as low as 7ma. I am running it on the slumber mode since I do not use data to sync or check email, I do it all manually.Of course these apps are really effective when phone is sleeping but that is the purpose. I can understand the phone using power when in use but I don't want it to drain battery when in my pocket.

Bao Le Duc

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Using battery saver app to extend battery life. Here is my chart with Deep Sleep Battery Saver apps

210050770092273512_ghnKmFXe_c.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay