Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Default Re: I am so EXCITED

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    Have to say that this attitude is irritating.......unlimited is just that unlimited......we all jumped on for unlimited way back, pay our verizon bill, we get to use our data. those who jump off for the tiered plans, more power to you....i have no beef with your choice, and if it works for you great, but i signed up for unlimited so i can use my data and not stress about curbing my use or anyone elses on my plan. to each his own!!
    This

I don't use much but Verizon can keep their unlimited minutes. Between Friends and Family and the majority of those I talk to having Verizon I'm set. I barely use 200 minutes out of my 450 allowed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Thanked by:
    karsdroid and treb1797 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GregMar View Post
    WOW! What do you do to use so much data? With all due respect, unfortunately....it is users like you that have caused the carriers to throttle back and do away with unlimited data.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Since Verizon forced me to pay over $700.00 for my Note 2 ( pay full retail to keep unlimited data ), let the 4G LTE run until the cows come home.
    Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by treb1797 View Post
    Since Verizon forced me to pay over $700.00 for my Note 2 ( pay full retail to keep unlimited data ), let the 4G LTE run until the cows come home.
    Moo.

Will you turn it off now? Cows are home.

treb1797 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Moo.

Will you turn it off now? Cows are home.

Too bad our cars don't run on GB's.

Too bad our cars don't run on GB's.
    Haha!

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

Quote Originally Posted by fierro951 View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I'll give them a call this weekend and see what they can do for me. Wish me luck! And I'll be adding two more lines this week to my share everything plan which should give them some incentive to give my sisters line an early upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Let us know! Good luck

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Have to say that this attitude is irritating.......unlimited is just that unlimited......we all jumped on for unlimited way back, pay our verizon bill, we get to use our data. those who jump off for the tiered plans, more power to you....i have no beef with your choice, and if it works for you great, but i signed up for unlimited so i can use my data and not stress about curbing my use or anyone elses on my plan. to each his own!!
    (Not to single you out karsdroid), I still have unlimited data and it's great to not have to worry about overages, but at the same time I find it irritating the mindset that unlimited means you can consume as much as you want without any consequence. It's like an all you can eat buffet doesn't mean it's appropriate/acceptable to be gluttonous and throw any self discipline out the window and consume as much as you want. Like the food at the buffet, network resources are not unlimited. Over-consumption does affect others and can also cause the provider of the resource (ex. restaurant or cellular network) to raise prices or change their policy to control that consumption (they reserve that right as the provider of the resource). I think that is the concern many have with those who use a ton of data.

And to stay on topic: Congrats Jude on getting the Note 2. It's a great device. You're going to love it!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    (Not to single you out karsdroid), I still have unlimited data and it's great to not have to worry about overages, but at the same time I find it irritating the mindset that unlimited means you can consume as much as you want without any consequence. It's like an all you can eat buffet doesn't mean it's appropriate/acceptable to be gluttonous and throw any self discipline out the window and consume as much as you want. Like the food at the buffet, network resources are not unlimited. Over-consumption does affect others and can also cause the provider of the resource (ex. restaurant or cellular network) to raise prices or change their policy to control that consumption (they reserve that right as the provider of the resource). I think that is the concern many have with those who use a ton of data.

And to stay on topic: Congrats Jude on getting the Note 2. It's a great device. You're going to love it!
    I disagree with that concept. I looked at the networks and decided on Verizon and the Thunderbolt. I paid whatever they said the price would be for Unlimited data. If I want to use 2 Gigs a months or 100 gigs a month, thats what I paid for.
    Thanked by:
    Markster1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
    I disagree with that concept. I looked at the networks and decided on Verizon and the Thunderbolt. I paid whatever they said the price would be for Unlimited data. If I want to use 2 Gigs a months or 100 gigs a month, thats what I paid for.
    I don't disagree that you have the choice of how much data to use. My point is that it doesn't come without consequences. It's why most carriers are trying to do away with unlimited; to control how saturated their networks are becoming. The more people who have unlimited and don't worry about controlling their consumption, the slower the network becomes and the greater the cost of maintaining/upgrading that network will be. Moving to tiered data forces people to think about their consumption to keep their own costs down and it subsequently helps keep the network from getting too saturated too fast (Sprint who still has unlimited data is a good example of this).

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I don't disagree that you have the choice of how much data to use. My point is that it doesn't come without consequences. It's why most carriers are trying to do away with unlimited; to control how saturated their networks are becoming. The more people who have unlimited and don't worry about controlling their consumption, the slower the network becomes and the greater the cost of maintaining/upgrading that network will be. Moving to tiered data forces people to think about their consumption to keep their own costs down and it subsequently helps keep the network from getting too saturated too fast (Sprint who still has unlimited data is a good example of this).
    Read my earlier post. Its not why they are doing away with unlimited.

They did away with unlimited data in favor of tiny plans they can Charge overage fees because verizon is a giant multi billion dollar company and they found one more way they could increase their profits lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

When you say most carriers are trying to get rid of unlimited data, who is that ? You really mean Verizon and AT&T, I think.

They offered unlimited and that meant unlimited. Then they change their mind because, oh my, there are some who take them up on the offer. Unlimited means no limit, they offered it!
    Thanked by:
    karsdroid likes this.

Verizon used to cap phone calls because that was where the money was to be made. Now with the ability to call over voip we have a paradigm shift so the money to be made is capping data plans.

Its all about making money and ridiculous amounts of it!
    Thanked by:
    karsdroid likes this.

If one looks at Verizon's corporate profitability, it's on par with what investors require and not much more. If you look at Verizon's profits relative to its competitors (domestic and global) you'll find that it trails most of them. "Ridiculous amounts of money?" Not at all. Profits are needed to support infrastructure growth - which is needed to allow all those of us on unlimited data plans to continue to use lots of wireless data.

Capitalism rules! If you don't like it, move to Cuba and see what the alternative looks like.

Synycalwon likes this.

.....and yet you did.....which is fine by me as i reject your analogy. an all you can eat buffet simply means all you can eat not all we want you to eat. its silly to think a restaurant has an all you can eat buffet and then is stunned because people are eating all they can eat......and yes its silly to think verizon offered unlimited data and then thought "oh shoot now we have to raise prices and have a tiered plan to off set usage....what are we going to do they are using their unlimited data we never thought they would"....whatever....its a difference of opinion and i'm still sick of people saying, you people with unlimited, stop using it......
    Thanked by 3:
    Markster1 and treb1797 like this.

i'm still sick of people saying, you people with unlimited, stop using it......
    Especially now, it's a moot point.
    Last edited by treb1797; 01-13-2013 at 03:42 PM.

ROM
    Stock

Especially now, it's a mute point.
    Was he sick of us using our unlimited because he didn't get one?

Especially now, it's a mute point.
    *moot

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    karsdroid and treb1797 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemaker24 View Post
    *moot

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
    Ahhh..I hate when my English teacher comes on the forums JK

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    If one looks at Verizon's corporate profitability, it's on par with what investors require and not much more. If you look at Verizon's profits relative to its competitors (domestic and global) you'll find that it trails most of them. "Ridiculous amounts of money?" Not at all. Profits are needed to support infrastructure growth - which is needed to allow all those of us on unlimited data plans to continue to use lots of wireless data.

Capitalism rules! If you don't like it, move to Cuba and see what the alternative looks like.

Wait till you see their lte rollout finished.

.....and yet you did.....which is fine by me as i reject your analogy. an all you can eat buffet simply means all you can eat not all we want you to eat. its silly to think a restaurant has an all you can eat buffet and then is stunned because people are eating all they can eat......and yes its silly to think verizon offered unlimited data and then thought "oh shoot now we have to raise prices and have a tiered plan to off set usage....what are we going to do they are using their unlimited data we never thought they would"....whatever....its a difference of opinion and i'm still sick of people saying, you people with unlimited, stop using it......
    Again, I apologize. It was never my intent to single you out. I was just using your post as a jumping off point. But to continue…

The restaurant or cellular carrier does have a reasonable expectation that the majority of people are not going to over-consume the product or service. If too many people do so, they are well within their right to re-evaluate things and the costs involved and make changes to keep things profitable. It's the very nature of capitalism. Again, I'm just trying to point out the inherent cause and effect involved. I never said to anyone to stop using your unlimited data.

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I just called Verizon! I don't have to wait till March. I will have my Note2 Monday or Tuesday! Yay.....early upgrade and also a credit on the 30.00 fee
    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Cheers, Jude! I'm thinking of doing the "add a dumbphone, move a line" thing in order to get my hands on the Note 2.

congrats! How many months early did Verizon allow you to do the upgrade?
    also, has anyone alerted Mr. Roper?

Quote Originally Posted by Lactose The Intolerant View Post
    Cheers, Jude! I'm thinking of doing the "add a dumbphone, move a line" thing in order to get my hands on the Note 2.
    do it ASAP... there's talk over at the "official Verizon Wireless forum that this "loophole" is going to be closed. apparently Verizon doesn't like it when they make money off this. technically, they're not closing the loophole, but rather, instituting a fee for removing the data plan and putting a dumbphone on a new or upgraded line on the family plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    ... instituting a fee for removing the data plan and putting a dumbphone on a new or upgraded line on the family plan.
    I could have sworn data plans used to have commitments as well with their own ETF's. I was really surprised how easy it was to drop off the data plan with no penalty.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast