I am so EXCITED

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I just called Verizon! I don't have to wait till March. I will have my Note2 Monday or Tuesday! Yay.....early upgrade and also a credit on the 30.00 fee

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just called Verizon! I don't have to wait till March. I will have my Note2 Monday or Tuesday! Yay.....early upgrade and also a credit on the 30.00 fee

Hope you enjoy. I got my Note 2 yesterday and I absolutely love it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

treb1797

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget to register your Note 2 on the Samsung website once you get it as they will give you a coupon code for 50% off an accesory.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
You wont regret the choice. The Note 2 at first was huge and I thought I would never get use to it but now I can't see myself ever going back to a smaller phone.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Jude, that is awesome, I am excited for you....what was the 30.00 fee for they credited? Did you give up unlimited?

My husband and I both have Thunderbolts that we can upgrade in Feb. I also have a third line (dumb phone for home line) and I am going to use one of the upgrades to switch to the dumb phone line, so no to lose unlimited...just have to figure out what to do for the second phone.....don't really want to add a 4th line, but may have too....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I also have a third line (dumb phone for home line) and I am going to use one of the upgrades to switch to the dumb phone line, so no to lose unlimited...just have to figure out what to do for the second phone.....don't really want to add a 4th line, but may have too....

I thought you could transfer your unlimited line's upgrade to the dumbphone line, upgrade that line (activate on that line first as well), re-activate the old dumb phone, then activate the new phone on your unlimited line to keep unlimited.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I thought you could transfer your unlimited line's upgrade to the dumbphone line, upgrade that line (activate on that line first as well), re-activate the old dumb phone, then activate the new phone on your unlimited line to keep unlimited.

Yes, that is correct. That is what I will be able to do with 'one' of my phones to keep unlimited, but I have a second smart phone wanting to change to a Note 2.....

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You can only use a line to upgrade one phone. Then the upgraded line won't be eligible again for 18-20 months.

Yes, but Verizon allow you to "transfer" upgrades (can even do it yourself online). So you transfer the upgrade eligibility on your unlimited line to the dumb phone line. Then upgrade on that line. You should be able to do this for both unlimited lines (in theory...).

mpciii

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
It still counts as the original phone's upgrade. If they transfer the upgrade from the Thunderbolt to the dumb phone they would lose unlimited.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If they transfer the upgrade from the Thunderbolt to the dumb phone they would lose unlimited.

I read conflicting things on whether or not this is true. I've read posts from people who say that have transferred and not lost unlimited. However I do also see posts like yours where people make the claim that you will lose it (note -- not posts of people saying they actually lost unlimited via this method).

I also had 2 Thunderbolts with unlimited and a dumbphone line. I just used the dumb phone line's upgrade to get the Note 2 on my line to replace my Thunderbolt. In the next few months I plan to try to transfer my wife's upgrade to the dumbphone line to upgrade her line as well. I'll find out for sure then.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I transferred my upgrade from my Droid Charge to my wife's dumb phone, then upgraded that to the Note 2, then switched lines so my line went to the Note 2. Then switched my wife's line back to the dumb phone. I still have unlimited data on the new Note 2, and she still has her dumb phone.

Best Buy rep did all this for me in about a half hour.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It still counts as the original phone's upgrade. If they transfer the upgrade from the Thunderbolt to the dumb phone they would lose unlimited.

Wait what? I thought I could transfer an upgrade from an unlimited line to a dumb phone (no data) line, activate new smartphone on dumb line adding data temporarily, then move the new phone to my unlimited line 'Without' any changes being made to my unlimited plan, and put dumb phone back on third line and data would drop off. I know I have seen people say they have dine this.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I transferred my upgrade from my Droid Charge to my wife's dumb phone, then upgraded that to the Note 2, then switched lines so my line went to the Note 2. Then switched my wife's line back to the dumb phone. I still have unlimited data on the new Note 2, and she still has her dumb phone.

Best Buy rep did all this for me in about a half hour.

Thank you, as that is what I thought could be done.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, as that is what I thought could be done.

I'm so confused... You just detailed the process for one line. Why can't you do it twice, one for each line you have with unlimited? I'm in the exact same situation as you and that's what I plan on doing. Just either trying to help you out, or find out exactly why I can't do what I planned.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Why can't you do it twice, one for each line you have with unlimited?
Why can't you do it? Because Verizon policies won't let you.

In order to do this upgrade and not lose unlimited data, you need to have a dumb-phone account with an available upgrade. Just the way it works.