Unread message notification

Wayne Bamford

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I tried this trick too and it worked after my s3 started showing phantom tx mssd notifications :) go to applications manager then ALL APPS then BADGE PROVIDER and clear data then restart handset..worked 1st time:)

Last edited:

DE25

May 4, 2010
Visit site
some quick googling revealed some GS3 owners with similar complaints.

Above was the suggestion. I have no idea if it works or if it is safe to do. Perhaps useful... ? I don't know.

Totally worked for me and my GNote2 has been like this for months, I just learned to live with it after trying to do so many things to fix it. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!

bestpi

May 22, 2013
Visit site
UGH! It didn't work for me or my son. We both have Gnote2's my problem is in the email notification drop down window. It says I have 9 unread messages.
Screenshot_2013-06-25-19-55-49_zps8e901a35.jpg

It occurred when I accidentally deleted a couple emails and went to my trash folder and copied them back. I have sence tried:
marking everything in every email account as unread, then again read
cleared the phone's cache
the email cache
tried the badge provider's trick and rebooted.
I've done a battery pull.
Went into Android assistant and tried it all there. Nothing works.

Any clues?
And when we figure THAT one out, my son's phone shows a negative 1 as in (-1) on his email desktop icon. (I suggested he needed to write home more often, he was not amused.)

angel warrior

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Great news this worked. I had same problem. I had 3 apparant messages now cleared brill. This was annoying.

Well done thanx for sharing! :cool:

some quick googling revealed some GS3 owners with similar complaints

Above was the suggestion. I have no idea if it works or if it is safe to do. Perhaps useful... ? I don't know.

Votka Love

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a million times !! i was THAT close to break the ******* thing on the wall !! it was driving me insane that NEW message icon !!

Thanks again !!

idesai

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have broought a new Galaxy Grand last week and facing the same problem of message unread notification inspite of no new messages..

Please help...

mahbod1996

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Guys i have a problem with my galaxy s 3
The messaging icon shows 1 unread message but i don't have any unread messages!
Please help me :-*

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech