Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Unread message notification

This also works for Galaxy S2 phones too! I registered specifically to thank all who contributed to this thread. I'm about to upgrade my phone, but my OCD was going into overdrive because that BadgeProvider was telling me I had unread emails.

Thanks!
    The Beer Genius

I have an LG Lucid and I don't see where that application is. Do I need a rooted phone to fix this?

hello.. my samsung tab 7.7 still showing unread message .. same like before I clear data on badge..... did has anothe way to solve this problem... I'm getting crazy nowww

Quote Originally Posted by Alang Muahh View Post
    hello.. my samsung tab 7.7 still showing unread message .. same like before I clear data on badge..... did has anothe way to solve this problem... I'm getting crazy nowww
    You need to reboot after clearing the data on the badge app... I had the same problem on my tab 10.7. Found this thread and it works. Try to reboot yours

Thanks so much man!!! This worked,This worked on a Samsung Galaxy S3

Unhappy Re: Unread message notification

My samsung S3 still have the problem even after it got updated to 4.3

New message notification is still appearing, after reboot its resolved but after each message iam getting this issue

Go to Settings > Application Manager > All applications (on the top). Locate the "BadgeProvider" app, once in there select "clear data" and reboot

Still not working.... can any one help me plzzzzzzzzzz

Still not working.... the new message notification is keep on coming after each new message....

I'm using Missed It and after 4.3 it won't clear out the widget or the badge. The clear data and reboot works only until I get a new notification. Pretty annoying but I think I can chalk it up to the 4.3 upgrade.

Turns out it seems to be just for MailDroid. It works just fine on the stock email.
    Last edited by PossumPete; 12-25-2013 at 08:10 AM.
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2

Has anyone that can't get it cleared by following the instructions, called their service provider? I was having a problem with the new voicemail icon not going away, twice. Both times I called AT&T and they did a reset there that got rid of the icon for me in just a couple of seconds.

I learned that in this update, its still (maybe or maybe not) annoying that the notification for WiFi keeps coming in the notification bar, even though after you clear it, eventually, later on it will come back.. So annoying.. Anyone have this problem?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

it's working

Quote Originally Posted by phantomog View Post
    some quick googling revealed some GS3 owners with similar complaints.

Above was the suggestion. I have no idea if it works or if it is safe to do. Perhaps useful... ? I don't know.
    It worked for for me on Samsung Note N7000, thanx a lot

Thumbs up Re: Unread message notification

it does not only work for samsung, but also to all smartphone. my phone is himax,,,made in Indonesia...thanks for the help...nice thread.....and now i am using kitkat as my os... my prior os was jelly bean..
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123