1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Backup of Phone

Does anyone know if there is a way I can view the last time my phone's apps and data were backed up by Google ? Is there a way to view what is being backed up by Google ? I only ask as have a friend who flashes roms as much as I do but he never loses his progress in games. Angry birds, subway surfers and a few others all restore him to the point he was at before a factory reset. Mine never does and I'm trying to unravel the mystery. Thanks!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Google Backup of Phone

Quote Originally Posted by exilepa View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way I can view the last time my phone's apps and data were backed up by Google ? Is there a way to view what is being backed up by Google ? I only ask as have a friend who flashes roms as much as I do but he never loses his progress in games. Angry birds, subway surfers and a few others all restore him to the point he was at before a factory reset. Mine never does and I'm trying to unravel the mystery. Thanks!
    He must be using titanium backup not google to back up apps and app data

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

You can use titanium or mybackup pro and it will backup and restore apps with the data. However, most developers won't recomend it as a clean install of the apps is the best way to prevent issues with a new rom. I restore them amd don't have many issues. The other added bonus is that when you restore apps AND data, your homescreens are all set back up to how you had them before (on your prior rom). Saves a TON of time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by AZSALUKI View Post
    You can use titanium or mybackup pro and it will backup and restore apps with the data. However, most developers won't recomend it as a clean install of the apps is the best way to prevent issues with a new rom. I restore them amd don't have many issues. The other added bonus is that when you restore apps AND data, your homescreens are all set back up to how you had them before (on your prior rom). Saves a TON of time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    If you don't restore system data your fine

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato