So i used my HTC Rezound beats headphones and the controller on the cord has a (play/answer button ) in the middle and ( skip forward and backwards buttons on each side of the play button. With the Rezound it worked fine when I use them with my Note 2 the play button works but the forward and backwards buttons controls the volume not skipping to the next song.
Any way to make this work properly?
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
- 01-16-2013, 03:21 AM #2
Last edited by DroidXcon; 01-16-2013 at 03:32 AM.
- 01-16-2013, 03:44 AM #4
- 01-16-2013, 07:45 AM #5Mr Fix-It
- 2,187 Posts
- Stock Rooted
Re: Headphones problem
Here's the problem, the media controls are not standard to Android. They were created to work with the Sense UI'd version of Android. You'll notice that the media controls on a lot of headphone types won't work from phone to phone. It's because the headphones are sending a signal to the O/S, not the app to say 'skip' or whatever. This is where the iPhone has Android completely beat....accessories. Someone might be able to create a mod for it but I don't know that it's worth the time.“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
- By iamhephzibah in forum Google Nexus 7 TabletReplies: 18Last Post: 01-10-2013, 11:42 AM
- By avifors in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 3Last Post: 01-09-2012, 03:35 PM
- By WilburNJ in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 2Last Post: 12-20-2011, 11:19 PM
- By katefields in forum Acer Iconia A500Replies: 8Last Post: 09-05-2011, 05:54 AM
- By cheftam in forum HTC myTouch 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 07-25-2011, 03:33 PM