Note 2 Dilema

Roelito78

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok fellow android users I have a dilema in regards to the note 2. I purchased a note 2 for 179.00 through Best Buy. The Note 2 came in last night and I am having second thoughts in regards to keeping it. I currently own the I phone 4 and for the most part, this phone has been as stable as can be. I have also tried out android in the past and there always appears to be issues with the android phones or software. Poor batteries. glitchy software, apps running constantly in the background failed updates etc. So, now comes the question of the day. Is the Note 2 as good as people are saying? Should I stick to the good old reliable I phone? Apple IOS is getting a bit outdated but it does the job with very few if any problems. I appreciate any opinions you guys and gals may have. By the way, Best Buy price matched the Lets Talk price of 179.00. Thanks:)

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok fellow android users I have a dilema in regards to the note 2. I purchased a note 2 for 179.00 through Best Buy. The Note 2 came in last night and I am having second thoughts in regards to keeping it. I currently own the I phone 4 and for the most part, this phone has been as stable as can be. I have also tried out android in the past and there always appears to be issues with the android phones or software. Poor batteries. glitchy software, apps running constantly in the background failed updates etc. So, now comes the question of the day. Is the Note 2 as good as people are saying? Should I stick to the good old reliable I phone? Apple IOS is getting a bit outdated but it does the job with very few if any problems. I appreciate any opinions you guys and gals may have. By the way, Best Buy price matched the Lets Talk price of 179.00. Thanks:)

Yes, Stick with the I-Phone. Note 2 users are a different breed indeed. You won't be happy with the Note 2. But, for the rest of us, ONLY THE NOTE 2 WILL DO !!!!!!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

The Note 2 is as good as people are saying. There are some bugs and glitches that come with Android OS but that is to be expected considering that amount of features and improvements that are thrown in with every new phone. That being said, there are no real glarring issues that would hurt the overall experience of this phone. I love the Note 2, easily one of my top 3 phones I have ever owned and it will probably stay that way for a while. I am considering going back to a slightly smaller phone though considering my job requires a lot of traveling and sometimes a large phone like the Note 2 does get a little annoying to carry. I haven't had that experience yet but its something I have to consider once I start traveling more frequently.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
If you have to try to convince yourself to keep the note 2 then you need to return it. Your comment about all android devices being buggy seems to be the standard go to line of hard core apple fans. The note 2 is fantastic in every way. The possibilities it has over the iPhone is insane.

But it sounds like you would rather be on an iphone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Roelito78

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
The size is a factor for me as well as I work at a refinery. Not sure if it would even fit in my coveralls pocket. Guess I will check it out this evening. Thanks for the honest comments

Roelito78

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
If you have to try to convince yourself to keep the note 2 then you need to return it. Your comment about all android devices being buggy seems to be the standard go to line of hard core apple fans. The note 2 is fantastic in every way. The possibilities it has over the iPhone is insane.

But it sounds like you would rather be on an iphone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Im not trying to convince myself just asking for opinions. I am ready for a change but sometimes change can be bad. I do not want to sign a new contract on a phone I may later find to be buggy or annoying to carry due to its size. I also understand that one can get used to the size within hours. The only thing that concerns me is that after a month or so the new of having a giant screen will wear off and be stuck with a phone that is tough to carry around

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Im not trying to convince myself just asking for opinions. I am ready for a change but sometimes change can be bad. I do not want to sign a new contract on a phone I may later find to be buggy or annoying to carry due to its size. I also understand that one can get used to the size within hours. The only thing that concerns me is that after a month or so the new of having a giant screen will wear off and be stuck with a phone that is tough to carry around

If you already have the phone, why don't you try it out for the week and then decide?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Roelito78

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
If you already have the phone, why don't you try it out for the week and then decide?

Thats my plan, I think is night and day compared to the I phone just hope that I will enjoy it for 2 years

- - - Updated - - -

Thats my plan, I think is night and day compared to the I phone just hope that I will enjoy it for 2 years

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

The fact that you posted this thread should give you your answer. I personally don't understand after using the Note 2 for just a few hours, you're having second thoughts. I haven't had a single issue with mine. It's easily the best smartphone out currently and makes anything Apple makes, including the iPhone 5 look like garage. Of course, this is my personal opinion.

Android has come a LONG way since just a few years ago. It is fast and stable as can be. And at the price point you got the Note 2 for, I'd seriously try it out for the 14 days and I think you'll not think about your iPhone ever again.

Roelito78

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
The fact that you posted this thread should give you your answer. I personally don't understand after using the Note 2 for just a few hours, you're having second thoughts. I haven't had a single issue with mine. It's easily the best smartphone out currently and makes anything Apple makes, including the iPhone 5 look like garage. Of course, this is my personal opinion.

Android has come a LONG way since just a few years ago. It is fast and stable as can be. And at the price point you got the Note 2 for, I'd seriously try it out for the 14 days and I think you'll not think about your iPhone ever again.

Thanks for the great advise and opinion!

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I am fully prepared to hold on to my note 2 as long as I can keep my unlimited data. Perhaps the first time I have not felt the need to change phones every other week...

Roelito78

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I am fully prepared to hold on to my note 2 as long as I can keep my unlimited data. Perhaps the first time I have not felt the need to change phones every other week...

Wish I could keep my unlimited data. I purchased my phone through Best Buy and they shipped it to me so I still have my unlimited data plan. Im sure once I call to activate the phone it will be gone. That sucks

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Wish I could keep my unlimited data. I purchased my phone through Best Buy and they shipped it to me so I still have my unlimited data plan. Im sure once I call to activate the phone it will be gone. That sucks

Oddly enough I've heard of some lucky few who managed to keep unlimited. One I heard about ordered from best buy too.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

Darren Donovan

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
There's a reason I refer to my Note 2 as B.P.E. (Best Phone Ever) :)
There's only 1 real smartphone on the market right now, the Note 2. The rest are just toys. My friends with iPhones get kinda pissed when I tell them that. Hehe, just joking with them.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I think you should try it out for a few days and then choose what is right for you.....different strokes for different folks is why there are so many choices. Sounds like you got a fantastic price on it! Also, being a woman, I can see where the size could be an issue for men, as a woman can just put it into her purse. I personally can't wait to get the GN2! Just my 2 cents worth! Good Luck with your decision!

edit....are you sure it was the Note2 you got at Best Buy for 179.00?? I only see they show the SIII for that price, and the Note II at 299.99

Last edited:

Tunnelrunner

Nov 8, 2008
Visit site
You have to give it at least a week. I use both the Note 2 and an iPhone 5 (I switch back and forth between the two) and they're both (IMO) equally great devices *but* they're very different. I know exactly what you're going through though - switching to an Android phone after using iOS for so long can be a tough transition for some people, especially if you just want your phone to work right out of the box and don't want to have to customize it. The Android experience is a whole different ball game. So it's possible that Android isn't for you, just like iOS might not be for someone else. Again my advice is to just try it for at least a week. And don't "cheat" (like I did, LOL) by keeping your iPhone 4 in your second pocket like a security blanket...you really need to experience Android on its own.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Apple users are not easily changed and there is a learning curve to the Android platform. I know you stated you have had exp with Android before, and so have I. I came from Blackberry and had no problem getting accustomed to Android. I welcomed it with delight and find it fun, easy and being able to customize to my liking and not what Apple states has to be. I have had some great Android phones but the Note 2 surpasses everything. It is like that gorgeous Arabian horse that has made the judges in awe. The Note2 does SO much and the real estate of the screen is amazing. I have only had mine for 48 hours and I am thrilled with it. I have small hands and have had no problems with it. This is a device I will not tire of or want to get rid of it. It will definitely take me into these two yrs very happily. I am a smartphone user and I do use the features. This phone has all I want and then some......but it is your choice.

Roelito78

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I think you should try it out for a few days and then choose what is right for you.....different strokes for different folks is why there are so many choices. Sounds like you got a fantastic price on it! Also, being a woman, I can see where the size could be an issue for men, as a woman can just put it into her purse. I personally can't wait to get the GN2! Just my 2 cents worth! Good Luck with your decision!

edit....are you sure it was the Note2 you got at Best Buy for 179.00?? I only see they show the SIII for that price, and the Note II at 299.99

Yes Note 2 in Titanium. They priced matched Lets Talk.com. Thanks for your input

Roelito78

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Apple users are not easily changed and there is a learning curve to the Android platform. I know you stated you have had exp with Android before, and so have I. I came from Blackberry and had no problem getting accustomed to Android. I welcomed it with delight and find it fun, easy and being able to customize to my liking and not what Apple states has to be. I have had some great Android phones but the Note 2 surpasses everything. It is like that gorgeous Arabian horse that has made the judges in awe. The Note2 does SO much and the real estate of the screen is amazing. I have only had mine for 48 hours and I am thrilled with it. I have small hands and have had no problems with it. This is a device I will not tire of or want to get rid of it. It will definitely take me into these two yrs very happily. I am a smartphone user and I do use the features. This phone has all I want and then some......but it is your choice.

Jude, I appreciate your comments. I almost activated the Note 2 last night but I am still trying to figure out a way to keep my unlimited data so I am being real careful before I activate it. I have two lines with unlimited data at the moment and trying to figure out a way to retain the data package.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power