1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Default siedio active case

Just ordered the active case from Amazon with the holster for $39.00. Seems like a great price. Figured I would share. Now only problem is I am waiting another two weeks to get the phone. Doh!

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Default Re: siedio active case

I literally just opened mine. I ordered the one without the holster. I'm pretty impressed so far. Much thinner than I thought it would be.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

That sounds promising. I have the Active case for my thunderbolt but it was Huge. Mostly because it uses both the surface case and the active case together. Just can't wait to get my mitts on the Note. Just a few more weeks.

I have one and the holster IS huge! I used to wear my old holster all the time (with my droid X) but this one is just a little too big!

Still like the active case though.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

You will find a problem with using the holster, the rubber part of case is soft and folds back when you click it in. You have to lift the spring before putting phone in holster. Works but not ideal, seidio needs to fix the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

The case for my thunderbolt was the same way. It's easy enough to just flip up the clip with your finger as you slide it in. The one I had even had a lock to keep the clip closed. All easy one handed operation. I will see how it is with the bigger phone.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    ROM whore + Leankernal

Quote Originally Posted by bvitale View Post
    The case for my thunderbolt was the same way. It's easy enough to just flip up the clip with your finger as you slide it in. The one I had even had a lock to keep the clip closed. All easy one handed operation. I will see how it is with the bigger phone.
    Same with me. I have no problem fliping the latch up while I put it in 1-handed. I DO think that a plastic "arm" like is on the corners, right at the top would be better, but it still works good. for me, the Active is the best mix of protection, size, looks, and "feel" or "texture" in the hand. I'm a big fan - I use them on this and my work iCrap 4s, and used them on prior devices.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Well we ordered it last night at 8:30 and it was just delivered! Thank you amazon prime! It really is a lot thinner than I anticipated. Nothing like the one for the thunderbolt. Now I just wish I had the phone even more. Argh! 2 more weeks that's all I have to keep telling myself.

Piece of advice to you folks with the same ACTIVE case as me and my wife, when you plan on using the S Pen always open the kickstand. It helps a great deal in combating the impact the magnet has on the Wacom digitizer.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    Piece of advice to you folks with the same ACTIVE case as me and my wife, when you plan on using the S Pen always open the kickstand. It helps a great deal in combating the impact the magnet has on the Wacom digitizer.
    Weird, I've never had any issues with mine!

Quote Originally Posted by jodyberry View Post
    Weird, I've never had any issues with mine!
    Originally I thought the same thing. Then someone posted a picture of them using S Note to write the same short sentence on every line all the way to the bottom.

Well you could see that the text looked about the same all the way down until you got to near the kickstand magnet, then it got all sorts of screwed up. Instead of being even on the line, it kind of orbs around the magnet, throwing off your center.

Try it and see. The saying ignorance is bliss comes to mind. It's happening whether you're aware of it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post

Try it and see. The saying ignorance is bliss comes to mind. It's happening whether you're aware of it or not.
    I agree. But for me its such a minor thing. I can't see where I would Ever worry about sending someone a note that is a hair more scribbly than the norm! Maybe if I was creating detailed blueprints!

Quote Originally Posted by jodyberry View Post
    I agree. But for me its such a minor thing. I can't see where I would Ever worry about sending someone a note that is a hair more scribbly than the norm! Maybe if I was creating detailed blueprints!
    Oh I agree for general use the magnet on this particular case doesn't cause much trouble. But it's effects are there and some people do like to draw and write a great deal on their phone. Just informing the users to be aware of this and an easy way to avoid the problem.