1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Signal on the Note 2

My husbsnd has a note 2. He gets bad signal with it. Is there any way to increase the signal strenght?
    sent from my S3
    Rosie

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Signal on the Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by irocroe View Post
    My husbsnd has a note 2. He gets bad signal with it. Is there any way to increase the signal strenght?
    sent from my S3
    Are you going by signal bars? Or are his calls dropping?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

His signal bars. He used to get great signal with iphone 4. I told him different phones. At his job which is in a basement, he can get texts and emails but he cant send texts and emails

sent from my S3
    Rosie

I'm guessing he can send texts but it's all about timing. He receives them when he has a signal so sending out at that moment would work too. Still, an obvious issue is there and I have no idea why since this phone has a great signal for me. My Droid Razr HD was much worse and Motorola is supposed to have a superior antenna. Maybe a SIM card swap is in order but that's a long shot. Phone replacement is the secondary option.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I know with the notes in Korea, they have antene. Seems silly but I did see this on youtube.
    Rosie

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by irocroe View Post
    I know with the notes in Korea, they have antene. Seems silly but I did see this on youtube.
    That antenna is for picking up tv signal, no joke.

I wouldn't be concerned with signal bars compared to the iphone. If its dropping calls and not sending texts than its an issue.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I'm guessing he can send texts but it's all about timing. He receives them when he has a signal so sending out at that moment would work too. Still, an obvious issue is there and I have no idea why since this phone has a great signal for me. My Droid Razr HD was much worse and Motorola is supposed to have a superior antenna. Maybe a SIM card swap is in order but that's a long shot. Phone replacement is the secondary option.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
    Sometimes a SIM is the issue. Its highly recommended when changing phones to also get a new SIM. They are free....

sent from my awesome Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Have you called VZ? I agree on the SIM. They may even have to reprovision the one you have.

I get better signal strength in this phone than any other I have had.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Any more complaints about signal strength for this phone? I am considering purchasing it this weekend but I work in a hit or miss area with phone service. Even my DROID RAZR Maxx struggles sometimes with signal. So I want to make sure that the Note is at least usable during the day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I upgraded to the Note 2 from a ThunderBolt and the signal strength is much better on my GN2.
    I have a friend who upgraded to the Note 2 by changing carriers because the other carrier had a good deal on the Note 2.
    His reception is noticeably worse not because of the Note 2, but because the new carrier isn't as strong near his home and work.

If your carrier is the same you should not see a significant difference in reception from the iPhone 4 to the Note 2.
    I would check the sim card or replace the phone before your window is up to see if the issue persists.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I will tell him about the sim issue. Thank you everyone for ur imput. Hugs all

sent from my S3
    Rosie