Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note II 4.1.2 Update Warning

Is anybody else having battery issues with the new update on the Verizon Galaxy Note II?
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Galaxy Note II 4.1.2 Update Warning

Sorry, I meant to say that it updated the build number and I have been expieriencing ridiculous battery drain since I updated the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by etbooker View Post
    Sorry, I meant to say that it updated the build number and I have been expieriencing ridiculous battery drain since I updated the phone.

Have you tried rebooting your device?

One thing that you could possibly see about is if you phone is going into deep sleep. Download an app called CPU Spy on the marketplace (its free) and after a little bit you will be able to see exactly the percentage breakdown of what CPU state your phone is in. If you phone never goes to deep sleep then there is your answer and we can troubleshoot more from there.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah I downloaded the app and it said: Deep Sleep 9% . I think that the update was for the Exynos exploit and as a byproduct of that the battery life suffered. I also have rebooted once already and the problem still persists.

Yea the International version took a battery hit after the security update. I would guess it would happen to the rest of the Note 2 versions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by etbooker View Post
    Yeah I downloaded the app and it said: Deep Sleep 9% . I think that the update was for the Exynos exploit and as a byproduct of that the battery life suffered. I also have rebooted once already and the problem still persists.

I know this may be a long shot but download an app called scan media. I read on a couple places that when updating with Jelly Bean sometimes media files get mixed up and therefore will cause them to constantly be checked keeping deep sleep off or to a minimum. Downloade Scan Media, open the app and go to preferences and check the box there that says close when done. Let that run, you wont see it do anything but just don't close it out of your recents for a little bit.

Seems like a stretch but worth a shot.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I downloaded that app but I can't Get it to work.

I have noticed my battery draining very fast after the update. I am at 70% now at 12:50pm and before by this time of the day I would be at around 80%-85%. I tried the app above and it says my deep sleep is 58%.

I've also noticed fast battery drain. This is why I hate updates. And we all know there is no hope of a fix.

I only did the update last night and I'm still at 82% from 100% 8 hours ago. Light usage.

I have noticed one odd thing and I've rebooted the phone twice to try and clear this up. The GPS indicator comes on randomly and it never did this before the update. Has anyone else noticed this? It doesn't stay on long but wtf? XD

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Haha this makes me not want to download the update
    Thanked by:

I'm not seeing an increase in battery drain after applying the update. Tried CPU Spy as previously mentioned and it says Deep Sleep 89%. Those having the problem; have you tried powering down and removing the battery for a bit? Also check your battery use (Menu, Settings, Battery), anything unusual showing up? Click on the graph at the top to see history details. At the bottom under "Awake", are there long "Awake" bars, but no corresponding "Screen on" bars at the same time? If so, this is an indication something is keeping the phone awake even when the screen is off. If that's the case, BetterBatteryStats (paid app) or GSam Battery Monitor (free app) can help determine the cause.

BetterBatteryStats link:

GSam Battery Monitor link:

No issues with my battery

sent from my awesome Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

No major issues but it does seem to be slightly worse. Nothing that will cause my phone to die but I wish this didn't happen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Mine locked up when trying to run the update. Get a message that system software not authorized by VZW has been found on my phone and to take to a VZW store for help. Called them and they have no clue what's wrong. I'm just taking back to best buy. I have their insurance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

No issues here either.

No issues here. (awsome as usual)

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

How odd. Was just thinking my battery life seems better. LOL! Of course it was good to start with.

You likely don't want to hear it but I think it's usually a good idea to reformat a phone when you first get it as well as after updates.. but I realize that this one was so minor it seems like it's a travesty to have to do it just for that. Don't know if it will fix your issue but it's something I'm thinking could be considered as a last resort if you have lots of stuff on your phone already.

My meter dropped like 10% immediately after a battery pull reboot I did after the OTA update. That just happened so I'll see how things go over the next few days.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

I flashed a few days ago and I have no noticeable difference in battery life.

No issues with my battery since the update. But I'm not on 4.1.2, still in 4.1.1.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Quote Originally Posted by cbroussard99 View Post
    No issues with my battery since the update. But I'm not on 4.1.2, still in 4.1.1.

It was just a minor update. We are still on 4.1.1 unless you have a custom rom. OP mislabeled the thread. There won't be a 4.1.2 for awhile.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

This update just patched the Exynos security hole.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast