Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have Verizon TEC

76 77.55%
  • No coverage at all

14 14.29%
  • Pays another company for coverage(such as Best Buy or SquareTrade)

8 8.16%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note

I just got my Note 2 at Staples for $245.
    I got it there because it was the lowest price around and I could walk the single mobile rep through the process of upgrading my account without losing unlimited data.

The reps at my local Verizon Corporate store and Best Buy will no longer do the alternate upgrade without changing my plan to Share Everything (and killing my unlimited data).

Best Buy has the best Smartphone insurance on the market and the Staples mobile rep didn't even offer me insurance.
    Fortunately Best Buy will sell you there insurance without requiring you to purchase the phone through Best Buy Mobile.

The Best Buy insurance is $10/month or $170 if paid up front.
    I was able to use a Reward Zone coupon of $45, earned from Christmas purchases, and pay $125 for the insurance up front with the Best Buy credit card.
    Now my cost is under $6/month over the next 2 years.
    Ed270 likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Default Re: How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note

Quote Originally Posted by MittenSportsFan View Post
    I got it there because it was the lowest price around and I could walk the single mobile rep through the process of upgrading my account without losing unlimited data.

The reps at my local Verizon Corporate store and Best Buy will no longer do the alternate upgrade without changing my plan to Share Everything (and killing my unlimited data).

Best Buy has the best Smartphone insurance on the market and the Staples mobile rep didn't even offer me insurance.
    Fortunately Best Buy will sell you there insurance without requiring you to purchase the phone through Best Buy Mobile.

I was able to use a Reward Zone coupon of $45, earned from Christmas purchases, and pay $125 for the insurance up front with the Best Buy credit card.
    I just got a 2nd Note 2 at Best Buy for $199. (Verizon, 16GB, white) Their in-store was $299, but I got them to match Target's price of $199.
    (this was on Monday, 1/21)
    Thanked by:
    Ed270 likes this.

Default Re: How manyple here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Does Best Buy replace then phone on the spot? What if you need to do a standard warranty exchange through Verizon and you get a replacement device?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Default Re: How manyple here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Does Best Buy replace then phone on the spot? What if you need to do a standard warranty exchange through Verizon and you get a replacement device?

No they give you a loaner phone for a couple days. Don't think it takes longer than that tho.

Default Re: How maeople here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldchamp View Post
    No they give you a loaner phone for a couple days. Don't think it takes longer than that tho.
    They must have becomes faster because I did a Google search and in 2010 some people waited over a month for their phone to be repaired.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

I don't know about Note 2. However, I bought the Best Buy Geeksquad protection plan for my iPad 2(3G, 64GB, AT&T) back in May 2011. In August of 2012, I dropped the iPad 2 face down on the bathroom floor, hitting the rim of the toilet. The screen had a 4-inch crack(a straign line runnig left to right) I took it to Best Buy. The mobile phone dept manager looked at it and made a call. 10 minutes later, I walked out of the store with a brand new identical iPad 2. The only thing that I don't like about Best Buy's plan is that loss/theft isn't covered.

For my Note 2, I decided to pay Verizon $6.99 per month, since loss/theft is more likely. Based on past experience, I know full well that there's a $99 deductible and the replacement will likely be a refurbished unit.(less likely in the first few months)
    Eclipse2K likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MittenSportsFan

Now my cost is under $6/month over the next 2 years

BuyOneGetFour:
    I just got a 2nd Note 2 at Best Buy for $199. (Verizon, 16GB, white) Their in-store was $299, but I got them to match Target's price of $199.
    (this was on Monday, 1/21)
    Thanks B1G4!
    I am going back to Staples to get $50 back.
    I didn't consider Target because I didn't know they sold mobile phones in the stores (probably just through Target.com).
    I wanted to get the lowest price while still keeping my unlimited data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    I don't know about Note 2. However, I bought the Best Buy Geeksquad protection plan for my iPad 2(3G, 64GB, AT&T) back in May 2011. In August of 2012, I dropped the iPad 2 face down on the bathroom floor, hitting the rim of the toilet. The screen had a 4-inch crack(a straign line runnig left to right) I took it to Best Buy. The mobile phone dept manager looked at it and made a call. 10 minutes later, I walked out of the store with a brand new identical iPad 2. The only thing that I don't like about Best Buy's plan is that loss/theft isn't covered.

For my Note 2, I decided to pay Verizon $6.99 per month, since loss/theft is more likely. Based on past experience, I know full well that there's a $99 deductible and the replacement will likely be a refurbished unit.(less likely in the first few months)
    You will walk out of the store with a phone and it's the manager's discretion as to what you are given.
    It should be a similar device while it is being repaired and an identical device (new or refurbished) if not repairable.
    Also, I like the fact that you can get one free replacement battery and one free replacement charger during your 2 year period.
    The big advantage is no deductible for any replacement.

I know they don't cover lost or stolen but those are much more rare that cracked screens.
    I have never had a phone lost or stolen but have dropped or had my phone fall off a table or my lap at least a couple of times a year (luckily my screen has never broken).
    Best Buy's policies and programs (30 day returns, price matching, interest free financing, Reward Zone points, etc) are much more consumer friendly that those of VZW.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Also, I like the fact that you can get one free replacement battery and one free replacement charger during your 2 year period.
    The big advantage is no deductible for any replacement.
    About that one free battery.... do you know what they sent me for my Canon DSLR? Not a genuine Canon battery...
    It was a Lenmar battery that turned out to be only $21. It did work... but still...

I do but i think I'm getting screwed I'm paying $10 a month...
    I was being charged this amount as well. I contacted Verizon and had them change mine to the one for $6.99/mo. The one for $10/mo covered non Verizon equipment, such as your printer, and some software that scans the PlayStore for bad apps. I didn't need all that. I'm now on the plan that covers just my phone. I didn't need all of that extra stuff.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Jude526 likes this.

When I bought my phone at Verizon I did not get insurance, thinking I would add that a few days later. I was told the ProtectCell plan was $129.00/1year or $199.00/2 years with an upfront payment, or $9.99 per month. It has a $169.00 deductable... I went back the next day to get the month to month plan and was given Grip/Cellbrokerage.LLC plan for $6.99 per month. It has a $100.00 deductable. This different guy said the ProtectCell plan does not have a monthly payment option... Both cover loss, stolen, breakage or everything else... Also, because I did not buy insurance when I purchased the phone I would have to wait 30 days for the plan to activate... I wonder now if one group is better then the other as far a service and replacement turnaround time.
    Android4life

Default Re: How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy

Check with your local store a rep told me a couple weeks ago starting i think Jan 7th they are doing open enrollment for insurance. Meaning that they will insure previously uninsured phones.
    Yep until sometime in March actually.

Buyer Beware! This insurance is not free when you damage your phone you're gonna pay 199 dollars to get your phone replaced at least through AT&T contract with this insurance company. Holy Crap!!!! That's 1/3 rd the coat of the same phone if you paid retail! !!
    NOT GREAT COVERAGE!!!!!! AND they cleverly bundle a practically useless $3+ Advice service you will probably never use, and this fee also includes a Find It function that you can purchase as an app to save money.
    This is a clever SUCKER insurance that amounts to you spending about $120 a year (just in case you damage it).
    iPhone insurance doesn't rip you of like this!
    And by the way, my phone piped out of it' flimsy case and bounced on the ground cracking the screen.

Default Re: How many peo here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Frank View Post
    Buyer Beware! This insurance is not free when you damage your phone you're gonna pay 199 dollars to get your phone replaced at least through AT&T contract with this insurance company. Holy Crap!!!! That's 1/3 rd the coat of the same phone if you paid retail! !!
    NOT GREAT COVERAGE!!!!!! AND they cleverly bundle a practically useless $3+ Advice service you will probably never use, and this fee also includes a Find It function that you can purchase as an app to save money.
    This is a clever SUCKER insurance that amounts to you spending about $120 a year (just in case you damage it).
    iPhone insurance doesn't rip you of like this!
    And by the way, my phone piped out of it' flimsy case and bounced on the ground cracking the screen.
    Verizon is $99 Deductible for smart phones.

I don't have any type of coverage, and I paid full retail price of $699.99 at a local Verizon store. Does anyone know what would be the deductible amount if I did have coverage through Verizon?
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

I recently replaced my phone, it cost 99.00. The great thing to me is that i got to keep my old battery, and my Asurion phone was new. Oh, and it was delivered in two days.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: How many peo here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    I don't have any type of coverage, and I paid full retail price of $699.99 at a local Verizon store. Does anyone know what would be the deductible amount if I did have coverage through Verizon?
    Verizon uses Asurion which carries a $99 deductible.

Thanked by:

Has anyone used the insurance that Targetmobile offers? it's 6.99 a month with no deductible. When I bought my last phone through target online I passed on the insurance to get it through verizon. I forgot to add it when I got my phone and almost wasnt able to get it after a certain amount of time had passed. I had a very helpful rep who pre-dated the insurance add date.

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kirkiscool View Post
    Has anyone used the insurance that Targetmobile offers? it's 6.99 a month with no deductible. When I bought my last phone through target online I passed on the insurance to get it through verizon. I forgot to add it when I got my phone and almost wasnt able to get it after a certain amount of time had passed. I had a very helpful rep who pre-dated the insurance add date.
    There is a deductible you must have misunderstood.

Also I'll solve this for everyone the $10 a month insurance is for the iphone .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    JellyBeans

Things happen and I will always have insurance.
    Only used it once......RIP First Galaxy Nexus at the bottom of Lake Huron
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12