How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

• Total voters

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

I have it and I make it a point to use it at least once a year on each of our phones. That way I get my money's worth.

Not a bad idea if needed. No reason for me though as I have TEC and either way would be refurbished. I just save $100.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the $6.99 coverage and thank goodness, since my Note 2 was knocked off a table by someone and the screen cracked. I've never made a claim before and it was super easy and I did not get a refurbished device.

Gavin Smith

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I paid full retail, less a trade in as I have an unlimited data plan I didn't want to lose. However as I work in the repair parts industry I didn't opt for the insurance, although knowing the parts to repair a glass/lcd crack can run upwards of $200 I have yet to drop or damage any smartphone over the past 5 or 6 years. Realizing I probably just cursed myself I'll take extra care but I'm not one to buy insurance on any smartphone or tablet type device I've purchased and overall come out on the right side.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: How ple here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

I have the $6.99 coverage and thank goodness, since my Note 2 was knocked off a table by someone and the screen cracked. I've never made a claim before and it was super easy and I did not get a refurbished device.

Refurbished devices only ship if the device is more than so many months old. I'm not sure on the number though. The same happens with Verizon replacements - their actually new devices until months later. Just not in a retail box.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I paid full retail, less a trade in as I have an unlimited data plan I didn't want to lose. However as I work in the repair parts industry I didn't opt for the insurance, although knowing the parts to repair a glass/lcd crack can run upwards of $200 I have yet to drop or damage any smartphone over the past 5 or 6 years. Realizing I probably just cursed myself I'll take extra care but I'm not one to buy insurance on any smartphone or tablet type device I've purchased and overall come out on the right side.

Pretty much the same here. I'm so OCD about protecting my "Precious", I don't feel the insurance is worth it. It's worked quite well over the years, never dropped or damaged an electronics device yet. So I'd rather put that money into a rainy day fund, not that I need to do that anyway. :-$ But in the end, everyone has to do what they feel comfortable with. If you're accident prone or just feel better doing it, get insurance. :)

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Note 2 at Staples for $245.
I got it there because it was the lowest price around and I could walk the single mobile rep through the process of upgrading my account without losing unlimited data.

The reps at my local Verizon Corporate store and Best Buy will no longer do the alternate upgrade without changing my plan to Share Everything (and killing my unlimited data).

Best Buy has the best Smartphone insurance on the market and the Staples mobile rep didn't even offer me insurance.
Fortunately Best Buy will sell you there insurance without requiring you to purchase the phone through Best Buy Mobile.

The Best Buy insurance is $10/month or $170 if paid up front.
I was able to use a Reward Zone coupon of $45, earned from Christmas purchases, and pay $125 for the insurance up front with the Best Buy credit card.
Now my cost is under $6/month over the next 2 years.

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I got it there because it was the lowest price around and I could walk the single mobile rep through the process of upgrading my account without losing unlimited data.

The reps at my local Verizon Corporate store and Best Buy will no longer do the alternate upgrade without changing my plan to Share Everything (and killing my unlimited data).

Best Buy has the best Smartphone insurance on the market and the Staples mobile rep didn't even offer me insurance.
Fortunately Best Buy will sell you there insurance without requiring you to purchase the phone through Best Buy Mobile.

I was able to use a Reward Zone coupon of $45, earned from Christmas purchases, and pay $125 for the insurance up front with the Best Buy credit card.

I just got a 2nd Note 2 at Best Buy for $199. (Verizon, 16GB, white) Their in-store was $299, but I got them to match Target's price of $199.
(this was on Monday, 1/21)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: How manyple here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Does Best Buy replace then phone on the spot? What if you need to do a standard warranty exchange through Verizon and you get a replacement device?

Goldchamp

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: How manyple here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Does Best Buy replace then phone on the spot? What if you need to do a standard warranty exchange through Verizon and you get a replacement device?

No they give you a loaner phone for a couple days. Don't think it takes longer than that tho.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: How maeople here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

No they give you a loaner phone for a couple days. Don't think it takes longer than that tho.

They must have becomes faster because I did a Google search and in 2010 some people waited over a month for their phone to be repaired. :eek:

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I don't know about Note 2. However, I bought the Best Buy Geeksquad protection plan for my iPad 2(3G, 64GB, AT&T) back in May 2011. In August of 2012, I dropped the iPad 2 face down on the bathroom floor, hitting the rim of the toilet. :( The screen had a 4-inch crack(a straign line runnig left to right) I took it to Best Buy. The mobile phone dept manager looked at it and made a call. 10 minutes later, I walked out of the store with a brand new identical iPad 2. The only thing that I don't like about Best Buy's plan is that loss/theft isn't covered.

For my Note 2, I decided to pay Verizon $6.99 per month, since loss/theft is more likely. :( Based on past experience, I know full well that there's a $99 deductible and the replacement will likely be a refurbished unit.(less likely in the first few months) :)

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by MittenSportsFan

Now my cost is under $6/month over the next 2 years

BuyOneGetFour:
I just got a 2nd Note 2 at Best Buy for $199. (Verizon, 16GB, white) Their in-store was $299, but I got them to match Target's price of $199.
(this was on Monday, 1/21)
Thanks B1G4!
I am going back to Staples to get $50 back.
I didn't consider Target because I didn't know they sold mobile phones in the stores (probably just through Target.com).
I wanted to get the lowest price while still keeping my unlimited data plan.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

I don't know about Note 2. However, I bought the Best Buy Geeksquad protection plan for my iPad 2(3G, 64GB, AT&T) back in May 2011. In August of 2012, I dropped the iPad 2 face down on the bathroom floor, hitting the rim of the toilet. :( The screen had a 4-inch crack(a straign line runnig left to right) I took it to Best Buy. The mobile phone dept manager looked at it and made a call. 10 minutes later, I walked out of the store with a brand new identical iPad 2. The only thing that I don't like about Best Buy's plan is that loss/theft isn't covered.

For my Note 2, I decided to pay Verizon $6.99 per month, since loss/theft is more likely. :( Based on past experience, I know full well that there's a $99 deductible and the replacement will likely be a refurbished unit.(less likely in the first few months) :)
You will walk out of the store with a phone and it's the manager's discretion as to what you are given.
It should be a similar device while it is being repaired and an identical device (new or refurbished) if not repairable.
Also, I like the fact that you can get one free replacement battery and one free replacement charger during your 2 year period.
The big advantage is no deductible for any replacement.

I know they don't cover lost or stolen but those are much more rare that cracked screens.
I have never had a phone lost or stolen but have dropped or had my phone fall off a table or my lap at least a couple of times a year (luckily my screen has never broken).
Best Buy's policies and programs (30 day returns, price matching, interest free financing, Reward Zone points, etc) are much more consumer friendly that those of VZW.

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Also, I like the fact that you can get one free replacement battery and one free replacement charger during your 2 year period.
The big advantage is no deductible for any replacement.

About that one free battery.... do you know what they sent me for my Canon DSLR? Not a genuine Canon battery...
It was a Lenmar battery that turned out to be only $21. :mad: It did work... but still... :)

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I do but i think I'm getting screwed I'm paying $10 a month...

I was being charged this amount as well. I contacted Verizon and had them change mine to the one for $6.99/mo. The one for $10/mo covered non Verizon equipment, such as your printer, and some software that scans the PlayStore for bad apps. I didn't need all that. I'm now on the plan that covers just my phone. I didn't need all of that extra stuff.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

OffSpot2

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
When I bought my phone at Verizon I did not get insurance, thinking I would add that a few days later. I was told the ProtectCell plan was $129.00/1year or $199.00/2 years with an upfront payment, or $9.99 per month. It has a $169.00 deductable... I went back the next day to get the month to month plan and was given Grip/Cellbrokerage.LLC plan for $6.99 per month. It has a $100.00 deductable. This different guy said the ProtectCell plan does not have a monthly payment option... Both cover loss, stolen, breakage or everything else... Also, because I did not buy insurance when I purchased the phone I would have to wait 30 days for the plan to activate... I wonder now if one group is better then the other as far a service and replacement turnaround time.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy

Check with your local store a rep told me a couple weeks ago starting i think Jan 7th they are doing open enrollment for insurance. Meaning that they will insure previously uninsured phones.

Yep until sometime in March actually.

Christopher Frank

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Buyer Beware! This insurance is not free when you damage your phone you're gonna pay 199 dollars to get your phone replaced at least through AT&T contract with this insurance company. Holy Crap!!!! That's 1/3 rd the coat of the same phone if you paid retail! !!
NOT GREAT COVERAGE!!!!!! AND they cleverly bundle a practically useless $3+ Advice service you will probably never use, and this fee also includes a Find It function that you can purchase as an app to save money.
This is a clever SUCKER insurance that amounts to you spending about $120 a year (just in case you damage it).
iPhone insurance doesn't rip you of like this!
And by the way, my phone piped out of it' flimsy case and bounced on the ground cracking the screen.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: How many peo here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Buyer Beware! This insurance is not free when you damage your phone you're gonna pay 199 dollars to get your phone replaced at least through AT&T contract with this insurance company. Holy Crap!!!! That's 1/3 rd the coat of the same phone if you paid retail! !!
NOT GREAT COVERAGE!!!!!! AND they cleverly bundle a practically useless $3+ Advice service you will probably never use, and this fee also includes a Find It function that you can purchase as an app to save money.
This is a clever SUCKER insurance that amounts to you spending about $120 a year (just in case you damage it).
iPhone insurance doesn't rip you of like this!
And by the way, my phone piped out of it' flimsy case and bounced on the ground cracking the screen.

Verizon is $99 Deductible for smart phones.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any type of coverage, and I paid full retail price of $699.99 at a local Verizon store. Does anyone know what would be the deductible amount if I did have coverage through Verizon?