View Poll Results: How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have Verizon TEC

76 77.55%
  • No coverage at all

14 14.29%
  • Pays another company for coverage(such as Best Buy or SquareTrade)

8 8.16%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Default Re: How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note

I have it. I've had insurance on all of my phones.
    I only needed it once or twice over the years though.
    Thanked by:

Default How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

I do since I paid full retail for my device and am not willing to risk it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

Default Re: How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month)

I have it. Which I'm glad I do and hope I don't have to use it. especially with these new batteries coming in.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Default Re: How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month)

I do but i think I'm getting screwed I'm paying $10 a month...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldchamp View Post
    I do but i think I'm getting screwed I'm paying $10 a month...
    They're charging me $10 as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Default Re: How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note

No insurance coverage for me even though I paid full retail. :::Austin Powers voice::: I like to live dangerously! But seriously, I'm ok with it and accept the risk. I'm extremely OCD about my devices anyway and am always looking out to minimize risk to them. I also have a high cost threshold to insure something, has to be in the $1,000's.
    karsdroid likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    They're charging me $10 as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    hmmm... is it $6.99 or $10? I signed up two days after getting the phone. The VZW rep on the phone said $6.99. However, I do remember seeing some poster in the
    VZW store about the coverage being $10?

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Default Re: How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy

I dont but wish I coule but I got it through a trade and vzw wont let me insure it which imo its BS

sent via VZW GaLaXy note II
    I'm a superuser

Default many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    hmmm... is it $6.99 or $10? I signed up two days after getting the phone. The VZW rep on the phone said $6.99. However, I do remember seeing some poster in the
    VZW store about the coverage being $10?
    $6.99

I've always carried it on my phones.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,516 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Default Re: How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage

That's just the insurance there also is another charge to extend the warranty and it gets u next day service instead of standard shipping
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    $6.99

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    That's just the insurance there also is another charge to extend the warranty and it gets u next day service instead of standard shipping

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    No, TEC stands for Total Equipment Coverage which includes the extended warranty and overnight shipping.

You're thinking of WPP which is Wireless Phone Protection.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Default Re: How many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    I dont but wish I coule but I got it through a trade and vzw wont let me insure it which imo its BS

sent via VZW GaLaXy note II
    Check with your local store a rep told me a couple weeks ago starting i think Jan 7th they are doing open enrollment for insurance. Meaning that they will insure previously uninsured phones.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Default ow many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    No idea but I have overnight shipping, extended warranty and insurance.

I did a Google search for yours and came up empty. Unless you have this added on? Still doesn't add up...

YES, THATS WHAT IT IS.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Default Re: ow many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2

Maybe if something happens to mine, Someone from Verizon hand delivers me a brand new one within 30 minutes!

Default Re:ny people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Maybe if something happens to mine, Someone from Verizon hand delivers me a brand new one within 30 minutes!
    That's some wishful thinking there.

I don't have my coverage through VZW. I bought mine at full retail at Best Buy so I bought their plan. I have used it several times in the past and I felt like it was worth the price. Theirs is $10 per month or $169 if paid up front. For $71 less I stepped up and paid the whole thing. I like the $0 deductible, but wish it covered lost and stolen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

I have it and I make it a point to use it at least once a year on each of our phones. That way I get my money's worth.

Default Re many people here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    I have it and I make it a point to use it at least once a year on each of our phones. That way I get my money's worth.
    Not a bad idea if needed. No reason for me though as I have TEC and either way would be refurbished. I just save $100.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I have the $6.99 coverage and thank goodness, since my Note 2 was knocked off a table by someone and the screen cracked. I've never made a claim before and it was super easy and I did not get a refurbished device.

I paid full retail, less a trade in as I have an unlimited data plan I didn't want to lose. However as I work in the repair parts industry I didn't opt for the insurance, although knowing the parts to repair a glass/lcd crack can run upwards of $200 I have yet to drop or damage any smartphone over the past 5 or 6 years. Realizing I probably just cursed myself I'll take extra care but I'm not one to buy insurance on any smartphone or tablet type device I've purchased and overall come out on the right side.
    Synycalwon likes this.

Default Re: How ple here have VZW Asurion Total Equipment Coverage($7/month) on the VZW Galaxy Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki2 View Post
    I have the $6.99 coverage and thank goodness, since my Note 2 was knocked off a table by someone and the screen cracked. I've never made a claim before and it was super easy and I did not get a refurbished device.
    Refurbished devices only ship if the device is more than so many months old. I'm not sure on the number though. The same happens with Verizon replacements - their actually new devices until months later. Just not in a retail box.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Smith View Post
    I paid full retail, less a trade in as I have an unlimited data plan I didn't want to lose. However as I work in the repair parts industry I didn't opt for the insurance, although knowing the parts to repair a glass/lcd crack can run upwards of $200 I have yet to drop or damage any smartphone over the past 5 or 6 years. Realizing I probably just cursed myself I'll take extra care but I'm not one to buy insurance on any smartphone or tablet type device I've purchased and overall come out on the right side.
    Pretty much the same here. I'm so OCD about protecting my "Precious", I don't feel the insurance is worth it. It's worked quite well over the years, never dropped or damaged an electronics device yet. So I'd rather put that money into a rainy day fund, not that I need to do that anyway. But in the end, everyone has to do what they feel comfortable with. If you're accident prone or just feel better doing it, get insurance.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast