Google Play Store app doesn't work.

Darren Donovan

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
For no apparent reason, this app stopped working on me. When I tapped on it, the screen flickers a little, and I briefly saw the loading circular arrow appear, then nothing. A couple times, this error message, or something similar, appeared: "com.google.process.gapps has stopped working". What caused this? and what can I do to get the Google Play Store app to work again?
Thanks,

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
For no apparent reason, this app stopped working on me. When I tapped on it, the screen flickers a little, and I briefly saw the loading circular arrow appear, then nothing. A couple times, this error message, or something similar, appeared: "com.google.process.gapps has stopped working". What caused this? and what can I do to get the Google Play Store app to work again?
Thanks,

Did you try to turn the phone off and back on?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

thisisanton

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
This just started happening to my phone after an update this morning. I get this error message "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." I cleared the data from Google Play Store and turned off the phone for a reset. And I still get the same problem.

thisisanton

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Never mind, I got it to work. The download manager was disabled for some reason.

Settings->Application Manager->All tab. Scroll to the bottom. Download Manager was disabled. I just enabled it.

niellenieto

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
What could be the reason/s to encounter a problem such as Google Play store app has stopped working?
And what should be the solution tommake it work again.

JimsPhone

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I tried the above process and still no help. The Play Store App will not remain on. I have heard that a Hard Reset will fix it, maybe, but was wondering if a Soft Reset may accomplish the same result. Called the Carrier (ATT) and they could not offer an answer. Should I try Samsung? Have a SIII