Google Play Store app doesn't work.

aliakamalia

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
When you Disabled the Play Store it looks like it's dissapeared, but it is still there. Go to 'Settings->Application Manager->All ' and scroll to the bottom and you will see it. After you Enable it, then go back to 'Settings->Application Manager->All ', scroll to the bottom and Enable 'Downloads'. When both Downloads and Google Play Store are enabled, Play Store should work again. (This was on a Samsung Galaxy S4 --- after installing an emulator to play Gameboy games, Play Store stopped working and I couldn't download any apk's through my Browsers [ Browser would crash ] even after uninstalling the emulator using the Application Manager. I guess during or after the installation of the emulator, Play Store and Downloads were disabled -- strange).
TQ bro..it's very useful n work it..:cool:

rita mortozie

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Thisisanton.... YOU r a GENIUS!!!!! I been without google play and facebook for 3 days and went to at&t and that dude couldnt figure it out, the youtube dude didnt work and all these forums i read til ths a.m.ni found you and tried enabling and duuuude!!! My playstore works!!! Your awesome! Thankyou!!

etlakch

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Never mind, I got it to work. The download manager was disabled for some reason.

Settings->Application Manager->All tab. Scroll to the bottom. Download Manager was disabled. I just enabled it.

I was having the same exact problem. Thank you so much for a easy solution to this annoying problem. Play store is back working. Samsung Galaxy Prevail ll

GMrMadrigal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried everything in this post and finally found the right step, restart and start your phone in to ClockworkMod stock or custom doesnt matter and just Wipe Cache Partition. It has worked for me after I had tried everything before and almost get crazy.

This happened when I used once Freedom and I uninstalled it without stop the app before, here is other way to fix it if it is also your case and if the firs way doesn't work. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2151106

Last edited:

Sharmila Sharma

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
For no apparent reason, this app stopped working on me. When I tapped on it, the screen flickers a little, and I briefly saw the loading circular arrow appear, then nothing. A couple times, this error message, or something similar, appeared: "com.google.process.gapps has stopped working". What caused this? and what can I do to get the Google Play Store app to work again?
Thanks,

nixiemartina

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I most sincerely LOVE YOU!!! I have a new HTC One, and I thought it won't work anymore, thank you thank you so much!!! :) ❤ greetings from Croatia!

Mik Heckhaus

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
nothing suggested here works... all my apps are enables, clearing google play store cache doesn't work, clearing google services framework cache doesn't work, clearing its data doesn't work, recovery cache format doesn't work, COMPLETE reformat and stock rom reflashed doesn't work... ready to throw it in the garbage and count my loses

TNTNaz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Motorola Droid Users,
I stumbled upon this forum in error too while doing a google search and noticed later that this thread is for Samsung phones.

Here's OUR fix:

System settings - - > Apps - - > hit the menu button on the phone in the lower left corner that looks like 3 equal signs - - > choose "reset app preferences" - - > Reset apps.

It overrides any apps you disabled in the past.

mumialfie26

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
was wondering if anyone could help me...my 4 year old son just got a new tablet a vs runs same android as
my phone...internet works but Google play store wont load?? ive tried clearing data but seen a few other comments
people having same probs as me...about settings and enabling but cant find what there talking about...any help would be very much appreciated
thanks in advamce

Latoya Hayes

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I was havimg problems tried everything n thisfinally worked thx!

Here's OUR fix:

System settings - - > Apps - - > hit the menu button on the phone in the lower left corner that looks like 3 equal signs - - > choose "reset app preferences" - - > Reset app