Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play Store app doesn't work.

For no apparent reason, this app stopped working on me. When I tapped on it, the screen flickers a little, and I briefly saw the loading circular arrow appear, then nothing. A couple times, this error message, or something similar, appeared: "com.google.process.gapps has stopped working". What caused this? and what can I do to get the Google Play Store app to work again?
    Thanks,

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Google Play Store app doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Donovan View Post
    For no apparent reason, this app stopped working on me. When I tapped on it, the screen flickers a little, and I briefly saw the loading circular arrow appear, then nothing. A couple times, this error message, or something similar, appeared: "com.google.process.gapps has stopped working". What caused this? and what can I do to get the Google Play Store app to work again?
    Thanks,
    Did you try to turn the phone off and back on?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    @workMakin$

Have you tried clearing the App Data from the Play Store?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by radgatt View Post
    Did you try to turn the phone off and back on?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Yes, a few times.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Have you tried clearing the App Data from the Play Store?
    How? I'd have to be able to open the Play Store app first before I can clear the App Data, correct?
    Thanks,

Settings--> Applications--> Manage--> "All" tab--> Google Play Store--> Clear Data

This just started happening to my phone after an update this morning. I get this error message "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." I cleared the data from Google Play Store and turned off the phone for a reset. And I still get the same problem.

Never mind, I got it to work. The download manager was disabled for some reason.

Settings->Application Manager->All tab. Scroll to the bottom. Download Manager was disabled. I just enabled it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Settings--> Applications--> Manage--> "All" tab--> Google Play Store--> Clear Data
    THANK YOU!!!
    That took care of the problem. Do you know why it happened? Do I need to clear data once in a while?

No idea why, sorry.
    If it happens again, you now know what to do :thumbup:

Talking Re: Google Play Store app doesn't work.

I had the same problem and couldn't figure it out
    THANK YOU!

I need help, my play store doens"t want to work, so i go to settings - aplication-play store and i disabeld now is gone, i cant find it anywhere and cant donwload ieder

What could be the reason/s to encounter a problem such as Google Play store app has stopped working?
    And what should be the solution tommake it work again.

After I click "clear data" what will happen?

I tried the above process and still no help. The Play Store App will not remain on. I have heard that a Hard Reset will fix it, maybe, but was wondering if a Soft Reset may accomplish the same result. Called the Carrier (ATT) and they could not offer an answer. Should I try Samsung? Have a SIII

I need help with my Google store it does not work.... I turned on and off phone and everything I can possibly do. Can it be redownload or something?

go to Settings->Application Manager->All tab. Scroll to the bottom. click left button- Download Manager enabled it
    Thanked by:

I hope I can get lastest information about android phone from your service. Thanks

I just got the Galaxy 4. The Play store wouldn't load all of a sudden. Thanks for the fix!

Thank u sooooooooooo much man, I was bout to cry..but u solved my prob.

It works and then I try to download sth and then it crashes all the time

I Go To My Setting But I Cant Find Application Any Were And My Play Store Hasnt Been Working For A Few Weeks And I need To Get On it

When you Disabled the Play Store it looks like it's dissapeared, but it is still there. Go to 'Settings->Application Manager->All ' and scroll to the bottom and you will see it. After you Enable it, then go back to 'Settings->Application Manager->All ', scroll to the bottom and Enable 'Downloads'. When both Downloads and Google Play Store are enabled, Play Store should work again. (This was on a Samsung Galaxy S4 --- after installing an emulator to play Gameboy games, Play Store stopped working and I couldn't download any apk's through my Browsers [ Browser would crash ] even after uninstalling the emulator using the Application Manager. I guess during or after the installation of the emulator, Play Store and Downloads were disabled -- strange).

Hey all....first post... Here's my deal, I don't know if this really relates but the stupid com.google....thing started the whole ball of wax. I too got the com.google etc error message and scoured the Web for a way to fix it... There has got to be 75 different supposed way to fix it and after I tried 73 of them one worked! However, since that time two things happened..... 1... I no longer get any audible notifications at all and 2...the play store stopped working.... I kept getting an RPC; S-5 AEC-O error... That too I scoured the Web to fix and after many failures got that problem fixed (clear cache in Google play... Force stop... Clear data from Google framework.... Force stop... Reboot). I still am getting NO audible notifications and some of my game notifications aren't showing up on the status bar. This is supremely annoying! Is this happening to anyone else and is there any way to correct the problem without...gulp...factory resetting the phone? PLEASE HELP

Did u had to use the factory version?
    Last edited by sandotri; 06-11-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast