S-Pen Handwriting to text

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Anybody get this function to work properly. I just can't get it to work right. I need to be able to write something and have it converted to text. I can get it to do some words right but, for the most part it doesn't work right. I'm going to youtube to see if theres a video that can clue me in as to what the trick might be.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Anybody get this function to work properly. I just can't get it to work right. I need to be able to write something and have it converted to text. I can get it to do some words right but, for the most part it doesn't work right. I'm going to youtube to see if theres a video that can clue me in as to what the trick might be.

i use it all the time....find if i hold the pen straight on it works better that if i hold it on the slant. also if i slow down just a tad and be just a tiny more neat i get a better result. not slow mind you, but just a bit more precise.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's been working really good for me considering I've been out of school for over 8 years and haven't really had any position where I needed to use my handwriting skills lol needless to say my handwriting is horrendous and the phone usually picks it all up perfectly. Granted sometimes I use words that it doesn't fully understand and this throws it off a little, but it's not hard to fix.

I can't say I use it a lot though. At first it was fun for the gimmick of it, but for the sake of tapping out texts the Swype like flow writing is much faster and easier.

cbroussard99

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
i use it all the time....find if i hold the pen straight on it works better that if i hold it on the slant. also if i slow down just a tad and be just a tiny more neat i get a better result. not slow mind you, but just a bit more precise.

I found u can only use the hand writing and S pen if you use the stock Samsung keyboard. If your using another type of keyboard it won't work for texting or email.

I could be wrong but I use the jellybean keyboard and it does not give u the pen detection option.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

jsadler09

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I use it regularly and have found it to be quite good. It usually picks up what I'm writing, even when I'm sloppy with my handwriting.

sgtjiggy

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Works great for me. Wished it worked with Swiftkey and Swype. Oh well, it will give the Devs something to work on.

Sgt Jiggy "SG Note II"

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I just tried using it and I hate it. I doesn't recognize an of my characters. It always turns my capital I into a J or a Z. Looks like I won't be buying a note 10.1 lol