Target is selling VZW Galaxy Note 2 for $199

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this type of posts is allowed. If not, please accept my apologies and remove this thread.

Target is selling the Verizon Galaxy Note II 16GB for only $199. (I apologize for providing the wrong link earlier :) )
Samsung Galaxy Note II - 4G LTE for Verizon Wireless - Target Mobile

This is absolutely not an endorsement of Target. In fact, I hate Target and I urge everybody NOT to buy thing from them.(from diapers to mobile phones) :)

However, I just used Target's price to get Best Buy to price-match it and got back $50 and $100 on my 1st and 2nd Note 2 phones. :)
Took less than 3 minutes each. :)

Last edited:

sreddos

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this type of posts is allowed. If not, please accept my apologies and remove this thread.

Target is selling the Verizon Galaxy Note II 16GB for only $199.
Samsung Galaxy S3 with 32GB White - 4G LTE for Verizon Wireless - Target Mobile

This is absolutely not an endorsement of Target. In fact, I hate Target and I urge everybody NOT to buy thing from them.(from diapers to mobile phones) :)

However, I just used Target's price to get Best Buy to price-match it and got back $50 and $100 on my 1st and 2nd Note 2 phones. :)
Took less than 3 minutes each. :)

The link you provided is for a Galaxy S3, not the Note 2.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
This deal may be due to Target ending their contract with Radio Shack (that's who's actually selling the phones in Target's stores) & they want to unload their inventory.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if Target would be able to transfer an 'unlimited' line upgrade to my 'dumb' line, so I could get this price and then switch the new GN2 to my unlimited?

Anyone know if Targets TOS says you have to keep the phone on the line its purchased on? I know it has been said that some of these 3rd party retailers do that.

Hopefully a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if Target would be able to transfer an 'unlimited' line upgrade to my 'dumb' line, so I could get this price and then switch the new GN2 to my unlimited?

Anyone know if Targets TOS says you have to keep the phone on the line its purchased on? I know it has been said that some of these 3rd party retailers do that.

I used the Target price at Staples and they matched the price.
I chose Staples over Best Buy because their Terms of Service doesn't charge a fee if you switch the phone to another line.
The Best Buy reps in my area are not doing alternate upgrades and forcing you to move to the Share Everything plan.
Staples has only one mobile rep and it's not busy like a Best Buy. They also will give you a $5 in-store coupon to check the upgrade status of your phone.
I was able to talk to the rep and explain exactly what I wanted him to do.
I had him use the upgrade from my wife's iPhone 4S to purchase the Note 2.
I had him then activate the Note 2 on my wife's phone number.
I then had him move the iPhone 4S back to my wife's phone number and activate the Note on my phone number and remove my ThunderBolt.
The end result is that I have the Note 2 (for $195) on my line and keep the Family Share plan with unlimited data.
My wife keeps her iPhone 4S with her 2GB data plan (she's never used over 1GB).
I then went to Best Buy and bought their insurance because I like it better than the Assurion plan that Verizon offers (because there is no deductible on claims and they offer a one time free replacement battery and charging cord).
Some don't like that the Best Buy coverage doesn't cover lost or stolen. I usually drop my phone at least twice a year (luckily the glass has never broken) but I have never lost or had one stolen.
I recommend taking advantage of this Target special now if at all possible.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I chose Staples over Best Buy because their Terms of Service doesn't charge a fee if you switch the phone to another line.
The Best Buy reps in my area are not doing alternate upgrades and forcing you to move to the Share Everything plan.
Staples has only one mobile rep and it's not busy like a Best Buy. They also will give you a $5 in-store coupon to check the upgrade status of your phone.
I then had him move the iPhone 4S back to my wife's phone number and activate the Note on my phone number and remove my ThunderBolt.
The end result is that I have the Note 2 (for $195) on my line and keep the Family Share plan with unlimited data.
I then went to Best Buy and bought their insurance because I like it better than the Assurion plan that Verizon offers (because there is no deductible on claims and they offer a one time free replacement battery and charging cord).
Some don't like that the Best Buy coverage doesn't cover lost or stolen. I usually drop my phone at least twice a year (luckily the glass has never broken) but I have never lost or had one stolen.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate this information! I have a total of 3 lines. 2 Thunderbolts (unlimited) and 1 'dumb' basic line. The 2 Tbolts both have upgrades, but not till Feb 5 th. have

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much! Really appreciate this information! I have a total of 3 lines. 2 Thunderbolts (unlimited) and 1 'dumb' basic line. The 2 Tbolts both have upgrades, but unfortunately not till Feb 5 th. I really want to try and get a better price for the phone(s) than VZW is at, but going to other retailers make me nervous of if they will do it correctly and not have that TOS issue......its a trust factor.

watergates1

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

This is EXACTLY what I need to do next Friday when the first day of my upgrade eligibility kicks in. Actually, the wife's.... But she has an S3 and it's my BDay gift.:cool: I just hope the special is around for at least another week. That's really gonna suck if it isn't. And I need my unlimited!

Thanks Mittens.

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
BIG thanks to BuyOneGetFour... today was my LAST day to get BestBuy to price match. Went in with a copy of Target's sale ad and got $100 back. Thanks again!

Ed270

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That is how felt getting BB to price match "let's talk"saved me about $120. That was the first time I was able to talk them down on an item. I had to take my business elsewhere on other items. Glad I am a member of this forum. I didn't even know BB would price match an internet retailer. And I would have never heard of "let's Talk" had it not been for this forum :D:D

It's a Phone, it's a Tablet, It's a Phablet

h3535

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for advice for staples, I did just what you suggested, I actually went to both stores, and asked about their Terms of Service, and target's is indeed much stricter than staples', staples mobile actually did the whole "add a line/switch phones" for me, and I now use the note with my number, and still have unlimited data, the added line dropped the data plan automatically once a dump phone was put on that line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar