- 271 Posts
Bye bye Sprint, Hello Verizon! Newbie question...
I finally converted to a true lte company after years of sprint and i have a few questions. I noticed that in my wireless network it is set to Global and i also see that there is LTE/CDMA and
GSM/UMTS option. I know Verizon isn't gsm/UMTS so therefore would i select LTe/CDMA instead of Global? Would this mean that this phone is a world phone?
Loving the fact that I actually have LTE now!
- 01-23-2013, 11:12 AM #3
- 1,892 Posts
Re: Bye bye Sprint, Hello Verizon! Newbie question...
Yes, it is best to put it on LTE/CDMA so the phone doesn't look for any other signals. In the U.S., Verizon only uses CDMA and LTE so that's why it's best to use that setting. The only time Global or GSM would be needed is if you're going to use the phone outside the U.S. on a GSM carrier. So, in that regard it is a world phone.
- 01-23-2013, 06:09 PM #4
- 01-23-2013, 06:57 PM #5
- 01-23-2013, 10:01 PM #6
- By truthteller10 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 128Last Post: 07-07-2013, 12:43 AM
- By Roustermiller in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 54Last Post: 11-27-2012, 10:42 PM
- By truthteller10 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 42Last Post: 06-05-2012, 09:04 AM
- By truthteller10 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 2Last Post: 06-04-2012, 10:40 PM
- By dj2big in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 09-10-2010, 10:54 PM