Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Synycalwon
  • 1 Post By fwhomeboy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default New SIM Card

When I bought my Note 2 the tech put my SIM card form my Thunderbolt in the Note 2. Did you guys get a new sim card with your phone or did you use the old sim card?

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Default Re: New SIM Card

It made me get a new one when I ordered online. Tbolt sim is a different size I thought. Not sure how this is possible.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    It made me get a new one when I ordered online. Tbolt sim is a different size I thought. Not sure how this is possible.
    Maybe I got it wrong. Maybe it was just the SD card. I'm still trying to figure out why all my contacts didn't transfer over.

I came from the Thunderbolt as well and it must have been the SD card as the Thunderbolt SIM card is too big for the Note 2. It's an older standard size SIM, whereas the Note 2 uses a microSIM card (came with the phone when I ordered it).

As to your contacts, I'm guessing they were stored on the phone itself and not backed up to Google or anywhere else? If you still have the Thunderbolt, you can export them to the SD card. In the People app, hit menu, Import/Export, and choose Export to SD card. It creates a file called pcsc_pcsc_00001.vcf (it will increment a number if a file already exists) on the root of the SD card. To restore them on the Note 2 (after you’ve swapped SD cards), bring up the Contacts app, hit menu, Import/Export, and choose Import from SD card and select the appropriate vcf file if prompted.
    Thanked by:
    fwhomeboy likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    I came from the Thunderbolt as well and it must have been the SD card as the Thunderbolt SIM card is too big for the Note 2. It's an older standard size SIM, whereas the Note 2 uses a microSIM card (came with the phone when I ordered it).

As to your contacts, I'm guessing they were stored on the phone itself and not backed up to Google or anywhere else? If you still have the Thunderbolt, you can export them to the SD card. In the People app, hit menu, Import/Export, and choose Export to SD card. It creates a file called pcsc_pcsc_00001.vcf (it will increment a number if a file already exists) on the root of the SD card. To restore them on the Note 2 (after you’ve swapped SD cards), bring up the Contacts app, hit menu, Import/Export, and choose Import from SD card and select the appropriate vcf file if prompted.
    Hey, that did the trick. Thanks Kid !!!
    Synycalwon likes this.

New with the Note2. Its always best to get new

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1