"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Hamid Shayesteh

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
i had this problem too.
i live in Iran, if you live in same country or at least you are facing filtering too. i would suggest connecting using a proxy like hotspot shield.
this actually solved my problem :)
i have seen one more solution ,
go to settings and clean all your cache and data from your contacts storage and contacts.
i've seen some people got solved their same problem with that solution.

Mickey Mouse3

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
i had this problem too.
i live in Iran, if you live in same country or at least you are facing filtering too. i would suggest connecting using a proxy like hotspot shield.
this actually solved my problem :)
i have seen one more solution ,
go to settings and clean all your cache and data from your contacts storage and contacts.
i've seen some people got solved their same problem with that solution.

Hi Hamid,
I really appreciate for your informative comment. It had been a big challenge for 4 months. Now my problem has solved.Thanks again for sharing your valuable idea.

coldspark

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Before trying any thing big which may cause data loss to you, see if there is any app frozen/disabled. If so defrost/enable all the apps and see if sync works.

MViz

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a nexus 4 and the emojis really stopped the sync from working for contacts....super weird but thanks for the tip. Solved my problem bybremovin the emojis.

My issue is using emoji in a contacts name. I have the issue on two different s3's, a Nexus 7. Both s3's are running different custom roms... I wasn't having this issue until just the other day when I backed up my phone upgraded the rom, and restored, it duplicated all my contacts. Since then, nothing but issues! I sure would like to have my emoji back in the contacts

EDIT
I logged into my Google account via web browser and restored my contacts to the day before I started having isseus - restored them, still have the emoji (which I set from back when I had ios, and it just stuck). It just seems that if a contact is created with emoji on Android, it doesn't like to sync it... That's the way it seems anyway.

Chael Frances

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
yes I have this on my Samsung s4 active....And I can call out with my google # on hangouts dialer...And yet when someone calls my google voice # it instantly goes to voice mail....Without even ringing my Samsung !!?? Do you think this is why---having to do with the 'Sync" problem !?? Thanks

glfalk

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
There is no "remove account option at the bottom of that list on my S5, but if you bring up the menu (by performing the secret hold down the left bottom icon) I have both of those options. I did a synch now and that worked in that it claimed that it worked. Calendar didn't really sync. Stuff on the phone isn't on Google. Piece of crap! I will remove account and try again and figure out how I can go back to iPhone without paying a huge fee. Bought the S5 when there were no 6's available and thought it was a good idea - save money, more storage, easily changed, can replace battery, etc - but many things dont really work and the "integration" is painful, time consuming, and inconsistent.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello all

I Had same Issue
All i did was go to MY Account/ Google -
& TICK OFF the following :
Sync Drive
Sync Google+ Photos
Sync Google+ Uploads
Sync Picasa Web Albums
Sync Picasa Web Albums

rest i left them Ticked On
& my Google Sync all perfectly :)
No more Error Messages

RolandKaplan

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
For me the sync problem seems confined to my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I typed in recently added events in my calendar on the Note 2 to Google Calendar on my MAC desktop to make sure I had a complete backup calendar. These new events synced immediately with Google Calendar on my Ellipsis 8 pad (hooked up to Verizon 4G) as well as Google Calendar on my Windows 8.1 PC. As suggested in another message (thank you!) I deleted the Google Account and then added it back in, and voila -- all of my calendar events synced. As has been mentioned, this is an unpredictable sort of thing that can happen again, so I will keep my Ellipsis 8 pad with me and use it as my primary calendar device. Google should do better -- syncing is great ... when it works.

Nicole Eddy1

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I fixed it on my Kyocera hydro icon all I did was go into settings and apps and clear all my data for Google play services, Gmail, Google+ , Google app, Google settings. Some of them say manage space there and clear the data. All is fixed!!!!

Emmanuel Desir

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
To solve the calendar issue,

Go to Seting/Application manager/All/

Select Calendar Storage application and Enable it.

The calendar will synchronise perfecty.

Thank

Mike HQ

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks my contact and gmail sync worked after using contact sync fix, airplane mode - remove account turn off. Turn on, airplane mode, add account back!

gdo50

May 25, 2015
Visit site
This solved my problem. So simple. Problem started when I re-set my Gmail password on my computer, and the sync with my phone went out. I couldn't re-sync - just the message "sync is currently experiencing problems . . ." I entered PlayStore, used the new password, downloaded something, then returned to Gmail to find all my emails were there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance