"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

nashhman

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I came across this post when googling this issue. I had the same problem for weeks. Tried everything including factory reset and nothing worked.
I recently came up with something that might be a solution, and maybe other people can use it. The thing is I'm using several google accounts, some of them not authorized with Inbox app by Google (mu university account). So, after almost giving up, I was looking at all the checks you can have under settings -> accounts -> google account. I figured out I had a different sync check for Inbox and for Gmail. What I thoght is that maybe the 2 apps are causing this contacts sync problems by interfering with each other. I uninstalled the Inbox app (because as I've said, some of my accounts don't work with it). The second I did that all of my contacs came back. Hope that would help someone else. I guess it can also cause this bug by only having the 2 apps installed, and not only by having several accounts.

andrasfuchs

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Contact option was not listed in Android's (v.6.0.1, Marshmallow) Settings / Accounts / Google sync menu.

The problem was that the Contacts Sync application had no access right to my contacts.

To fix this, I switched the Settings / Apps / Gear icon / App permissions / Contacts / Google Contacts Sync toggle.

After that it started to sync, but I got the same 'Sync is currently experiencing problems'.

It turned out that I exceeded the Google API call limit for the day, so after 24 hours it synced successfully.

To figure out what the problem exactly was I connected my phone through USB to my PC, enabled debugging on the phone, used the `adb logcat` command from the Android SDK and examined the errors/exceptions in that log. This way you can get to the bottom of your calendar issue as well.

BSE70

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Thanks, I have been fighting this for a while and this was the fix. I appreciate you posting this one!

mcdonsco

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's a pretty major F'up on Googles part. Did the "Settings / Apps / Gear icon / App permissions / Contacts / Google Contacts Sync toggle" that andrasfuchs posted and VIOLA! Worky (only on my note 7 the only thing I could give calendar/contacts permissions to was gmail - but...worked).

How in the hell did the Google android/gmail team over look that one? Yikes.

Hulkir

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I have Sony Xperia Z5, but I don't think the issue had anything to do with the hardware.

I had exactly the same message. I cleaned the cache and restarted the application, did not help. My last reply which I tried to send from the gmail app was stuck. I deleted that email and the app strated to sync again.

Mills865

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I had the sync quit on my Galaxy Tab A Android Version 6.0.1. I don't know how long it had not been working. I only noticed that I hadn't gotten some of the notifications on my tab that came through on my S4 phone. But I got the dreaded message in red "sync is currently experiencing a problem" reflected on my Samsung Account. Nothing else seemed to be affected. Only my Samsung Calendar, S-Memos, etc stopped syncing. I spent about 3 days googling the internet & trying various suggestions that helped others: removing the acct, rebooting, clearing cache. I am not too techy so I tried all the relatively simple suggestions. My last resort seemed to be a factory reset but I wanted to avoid that. Especially since some offered that it didn't fix the problem. So I resigned myself to living with a calendar that won't sync to my other devices. Not a big deal for me. Just an inconvenience. After a week or 2 it righted itself. Awesome for like a day and a half. Then the error message returned. I took a last ditch look at my settings. For some reason "Power Save" seemed to get my attention. I've had that on with no problems for like 3 years or so since I've owned this Tab. I decided to switch it off. I haven't had the sync problem since! Just sharing my experience in case there's anyone out there debating doing the factory reset. I'm glad that I didn't. Just switched "Power Save" off and that worked in my particular case. I truly hope this helps someone!

Smiyc

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Someone gave this advice here and I can't find that post.

I went to the "people" app and deleted some bogus groups like "family", "friends", "coworkers" which had basically 0 members. I don't use those "groups"

Once I deleted them, sync is working like a charm. Basically, delete any group in the "people" app that is not there in your gmail ID.

Thanks again to the person who originally posted here. :)

Alk3bi39

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I had the sync quit on my Galaxy Tab A Android Version 6.0.1. I don't know how long it had not been working. I only noticed that I hadn't gotten some of the notifications on my tab that came through on my S4 phone. But I got the dreaded message in red "sync is currently experiencing a problem" reflected on my Samsung Account. Nothing else seemed to be affected. Only my Samsung Calendar, S-Memos, etc stopped syncing. I spent about 3 days googling the internet & trying various suggestions that helped others: removing the acct, rebooting, clearing cache. I am not too techy so I tried all the relatively simple suggestions. My last resort seemed to be a factory reset but I wanted to avoid that. Especially since some offered that it didn't fix the problem. So I resigned myself to living with a calendar that won't sync to my other devices. Not a big deal for me. Just an inconvenience. After a week or 2 it righted itself. Awesome for like a day and a half. Then the error message returned. I took a last ditch look at my settings. For some reason "Power Save" seemed to get my attention. I've had that on with no problems for like 3 years or so since I've owned this Tab. I decided to switch it off. I haven't had the sync problem since! Just sharing my experience in case there's anyone out there debating doing the factory reset. I'm glad that I didn't. Just switched "Power Save" off and that worked in my particular case. I truly hope this helps someone!

Power saving off fixed my issue on S7 edge
Thanks a lot

JPR45

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
The fix for my NOTE 7, As noted by Mills865, To fix my Sync problem that wasn't working for the Calendar, Contacts and Gmail, I switched off the power save feature and "abracadabra" sync problem goes away. I don't know if this is a 6.0.1 problem but this needs to be fixed, obviously.

Yes for note 7 turn off power save, sync problem goes away

Thanks mills865, turning off power settings for note 7 fixed my sync problem. Don't know if this is a 6.0.1 problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alberto Quintero

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problems and finally was able to fix it.

I hope this can help someone else because it took me hours to fix something so dumb.

I always try to use my phone on power saving mode to save battery, after the last update I had some troubles with that feature because many apps don't work properly. Well, all I had to do was disable power mode and sync again and voila, everything sync perfectly.

I hope this helps.

kevmeist

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I searched for a solution to this for a while....none of the solutions I tried worked for me.

I sync my PC (under Outlook 2013) to google and then onto my phone (LG Stylo 2).

When I purchased this phone a few months ago, the Cricket shop set it up and asked me to enter username and password logon to Gmail. It turns out that they defaulted the phone logon using POP. I use IMAP everywhere else (both gmail and Outlook on the PC).

So, deleting the existing account and resetting it up again myself with IMAP and the contacts synched OK. What was confusing to me was that it was only the contacts that would NOT sync. Everything else did sync.

I hope that this helps some others.

K

Anandhu S

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
BI faced the same problem of syncing contacts with my Yahoo account in my hTC device. I read several articles regarding the same issue and tried all the solutions the authors have told in their articles. Those may be solutions to their case not in my case. As per their solution I tried uninstalling Yahoo app, Yahoo account removing etc for one week and no use. Then I myself found that the problem I have faced is after formatting my phone memory. Then I found after formatting I have updated to Marshmallow, Android 6. In Marshmallow while installing and using apps we have to permit apps to access whatever the app need to use. Unfortunately my Yahoo app was not permitted to use my contacts by default and it never asked permission while using app. That was the reason why I experienced syncing issues and with my solution I have solved it after one week. My solution is as follows,

go to
1. SETTINGS
2. Under SETTINGS go to APPS
3. Under APPS, choose your Email Application you want to Sync with our Contacts.
4. Select the Email app.
5. Under your Email app choose the tab 'Permissions'.
6. Under permission there is few tabs like Contacts, Calendar, Storage etc.
7. On right side of each tab you can turn on or off these tabs and after turn ON Contacts only your Email app will be able to access your phone contacts or phone contacts will be accessible to Email app. No worry, it's not only applicable to Yahoo app, but also applicable to all Email apps including Gmail app which's preloaded in android.

It's quite natural to have doubt about data network problem, phone hardware, Mail hacking etc while experiencing Syncing problems. Regarding this issue I contacted my phone's customer care and they told solutions whatever available in internet and my sync problem not get solved finally they asked me to submit my phone to their service centre. Before that I have solved it. No need for those worries which I have faced.

~~try_eNjoy_it. Anandhu S~~

Last edited:

Cnave1215

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I just switched phones and have never had a problem with all my info but mainly contact transferring with Mt Google account how ever I have tried several times to manually sum uncle the contact because it's hasn't worked yet and I am getting a error message saying the exact same thing! Some one help! I do not want to master reset this phone again.

Just turn off power savings and try sync again.. that works for me..

I was getting this error message for the calendar sync on my Note 2. I ended up clearing the cache for my calendar app, and adding an event from my PC account and other Android device that was working fine. It eventually started working again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernz1960

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
I had the same experience with my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and I use the google chrome app as my main browser (all syncing fine here) but what I found was an error in my samsung account not syncing. Its similar to chrome and is accessed through your phone settings. I assume it works for similar samsung models who have a samsung account attached to their phone. To rectify its a simple matter of signing into your samsung account through the phone settings on your phone. For more detailed steps SEE MY POST 19/02/2017

bethpennings

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I tried all of these solutions - the app, reinstalling my Google account, and signing in via Samsung. Nothing worked. My sync problems were intermittent, and mostly with my calendar, which is the most important thing to keep up to date. It would sync approximately every 24-36 hours but that wasn't often enough.

Finally, thinking back to the days when I used a Palm, I tried something that worked. This is for those times when you KNOW you have some updates that haven't synced with your phone (I have Galaxy Edge 7) and need them to do it now. Take your charging cable and plug the USB end into your computer and the other end into the phone. Then hit 'sync now' and everything syncs immediately. Not a perfect, permanent solution but for those times when you've just added a bunch of appointments and need them to sync, it's a good option.

asheesh131

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
If u are a samsung user and using a newer device then the main problem is due to power save....so turn off the power save option and sync again it will work...simple but awful

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800