Backing up S-Notes???

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I went back to stock after the recent update. I backed up all my pictures but lost my S-Notes. What's a good way to back them up? I was looking at My Backup Pro on Google Play but I'm not sure it backs up S-Notes.
As always, thanks.
Rob

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I went back to stock after the recent update. I backed up all my pictures but lost my S-Notes. What's a good way to back them up? I was looking at My Backup Pro on Google Play but I'm not sure it backs up S-Notes.
As always, thanks.
Rob

If you have Dropbox get Dropsync and follow the instructions. I just picked up a Note 10.1 and was looking for a way to sync my S-Notes. Dropsync serves dual functions as a backup and a 2 way sync tool. I just installed it last night, but my initital impressions are positive.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
But google Docs does not open the note, nor does Evernote.

It's a sync/backup, not an editor/viewer. The backup is a safety thing while the sync let's you edit the same note between various Samsung devices.

I'm not aware of any other way to edit an S-note. You can view it by exporting the note as a .jpg or .pdf.

If anyone knows of another editor, please chime in.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping that we would be able to at least read them. If it just backs them up how do you retrieve then on the note?

I'm not sure why you continue to go against (or ignore) with what I've already stated. It'll do what you're asking for. This is, so far, how Samsung's designed it to work.

Backup = sync

View = export as jpg or pdf

If there's a specific part that you don't understand, please ask for clarification.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'm asking how to get the notes back on to the note from the backup

Not sure if it reverse syncs automatically to a new device, but you could always download them & put them in the S-Note folder manually. At least they're not lost.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Make a test note sync it with Google docs delete the note and resync it will be restored.

Yup, just tried it. The only way I could actually delete without it coming back in the next sync is to delete of both the phone & Drive separately before syncing again.

So TucsonChuck, forget about the manual part in my last post.