Phone won't go into deep sleep with new battery

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
using the this new 3500mah, my phone won't go into deep sleep.

any reason this could be happening? and how to resolve?

uploadfromtaptalk1359294202058.jpg

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Battery won't effect deep sleep. There is something else that is running that is keeping your phone awake. Download GSAM Battery and that will give you a detailed breakdown of what's running and what's consuming your battery. My guess is a rogue app.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It sounds strange yea, but the battery should have no effect on phone going into deep sleep since they battery does not control functions of the phone except for NFC. If you have an aftermarket battery (non-samsung) then it could possibly be problems with NFC. Most non OEM batteries don't support NFC so you should disable the feature in your settings. If you battery does support it then you should be okay. I am not saying this is your problem but its something to check into.

Aside from that, the battery really has no effect on what you phone does or doesn't do, aside from the obvious power source. Let GSAM Battery Monitor run for a little bit and post a screen shot of what it says. If an app is running rogue than that should be close to the top if not the first thing that would appear on the list.

Next question I should ask is are you running stock, or are you unlocked/rooted running a custom ROM?

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, will do. and I'm completely stock. I will run the app when the new battery goes back in and will watch what it does.

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Were you able to get this solved. I'm the same way. I had to buy a new Samsung stock battery for my Sprint GNEX and as soon as it was installed, deep sleep is almost no more. And nothing has changed. When I install the old battery, I get Deep Sleep. I'm on a custom ROM (MMuzzy) too. I tried resetting batt stats, but no avail.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams