Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Droid_Evo_8
  • 1 Post By jos31211
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Otterbox Defender, Note 2, and S-beam?

Okay so I am very convinced to go with the Note 2, but I am a little concerned with the thickness of the Otterbox Defender case effecting the way S-beam works. What's the opinions of those Note 2 owners that have the Defender? I loved my Defender that I had for my iPhone 4 and am looking forward to having one for my soon to be next phone in the Note 2. Thanks in advance!
    Gunner out!
    Samsung Stratosphere----> Piece of Junk Verizon Wireless------------> Almost Worthless Motorola Droid Razr M----> Priceless

Default Re: Otterbox Defender, Note 2, and S-beam?

I've been using my defender and the only concern I've had is that it make your phone look like a brick, yes a brick. I like to use skinny jeans and with that case my phone can barely fit inside and it look horrible, so if you like to wear skinny jeans I recommend you go slim.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's fine I'm not a skinny jeans type of guy lol
    Samsung Stratosphere----> Piece of Junk Verizon Wireless------------> Almost Worthless Motorola Droid Razr M----> Priceless

ROM
    Stock

I was gonna get the Defender and glad I didn't. Ended up getting the Ballistic case instead after seeing one from my freind's S3. Not too thick like a brick and already protected me from a couple of mishaps too. Slim profile while providing the most protection gets 2 thumbs up in my book.
    collett likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner2000 View Post
    That's fine I'm not a skinny jeans type of guy lol
    Haha anyways believe me is too hard to carry too.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    I was gonna get the Defender and glad I didn't. Ended up getting the Ballistic case instead after seeing one from my freind's S3. Not too thick like a brick and already protected me from a couple of mishaps too. Slim profile while providing the most protection gets 2 thumbs up in my book.
    I've seen the ballistic and is pretty cool too great choice!
    Droid_Evo_8 likes this.

i bought the defender and put it on the phone before i was out of the store. it does add to the size, but to be honest i dont think its all that bad.. i dont wear skinny jeans either, so it fits in my front pocket just fine. i dont think anyone should carry these or any tall smart phone in the back pocket because of the pressure it causes when you sit down.

anyway, im a firm believer in otterbox, and i think its great on the note 2 without being too much.. give it a couple days and you will see the size dif is no big deal

just my opinion

I use the OB Defender and I really like the protection. If does add bulk to the phone, but it's the price you pay for excellent protection. I have used S-beam with no problems at all.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE