anyone still using their 7-inch tablets after getting the Verizon Galaxy Note 2?

anyone still using their 7-inch tablets after getting the Verizon Galaxy Note 2?

• Total voters

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
or has the 7-inch tablets been gathering dust? :)

the reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking about selling or giving away my 7-inch tablet.(a 4-month-old Galaxy Tab 2 7.0) :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My 10.1 Xyboard hasn't seen any usage at all. I won't use it at home and even videos are not worth the $23 per month tether fee after discount. No big deal, I want to sell it but the market for a Xyboard is lacking.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My 10.1 Xyboard hasn't seen any usage at all. I won't use it at home and even videos are not worth the $23 per month tether fee after discount. No big deal, I want to sell it but the market for a Xyboard is lacking.

Will you accept an offer of $50? :)

Thanks!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I still use my Nexus 7 at home; prefer the larger screen while around the house. The tablet no longer leaves the house though as the Note 2 fits that role nicely. Prior to the Note 2 (Thunderbolt), I used to take both and tether the tablet to the phone (use those LTE speeds :p), but it's nice now to only need one. I have to say though that I originally bought the Nexus 7 to use instead of a laptop, but have lately found myself more and more going back to the laptop. A tablet or phone just can't compete with its raw power and keyboard. I can always get things done so much faster on the laptop. :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Will you accept an offer of $50? :)

Thanks!

Haha, nice one. I wanted a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 until I realized that's a low end tablet. I had no idea Samsung had a Note 10.1. I want it now despite the fact I don't need one.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
ive had the tab2.7. since last summer, actually just bought an otterbox case for it back in december.. i carry it with me when i go to work in my laptop backpack.. i would use it a lot sitting in my car at work, and even more at home. i got it so i could get online without having to pull out my laptop and set it up.

however, ive had the note 2 for a week now and the only time ive used the tablet was to transfer all the pics over to my note2.

the note 2 is def filling the role of the tablet, but it may also be because the note 2 is so new to me and its the toy im playing with.. no plans of selling the tablet because im sure ill come back around to it..

also, just a side note (no pun) the galaxy tab 2.7 is an awesome tablet, and very affordable, and i like that i can put an sd card in it unlike some others.. i think that the tab2.7. and the note2 are actually a great pair.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Note 2 from Verizon since day 1. I just recently purchased from Verizon the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 tablet. Not the 7" screen tablet, but the larger 7.7" screen with built-in Verizon 4G LTE sim card inside. I will be using my Samsung 7.7 Tab more so versus my laptop whenever I want a larger screen for media/entertainment. The 7.7 Tab has a really long life battery versus my Sony Vaio laptop. Obviously, if I need to do **real** work, I will still grab the laptop instead. I chose the 7.7 Tab versus the 7.0 Tab because the size difference was minimal on the 7" screen versus my Note 2 phone. However, the 7.7" screen was enough of a difference larger for me. That's also why I didn't get the Google Nexus 7 Tab, because the screen difference wasn't enough versus my Note 2 phone.

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a Note 2 and my Nexus7 is already on the Marketplace.
The Note2 just does what the 7" could do, plus more.
I still plan on using my Nexus10 on a regular basis though.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I use the heck out of my iPad 4 but have zero interest in a 7 inch tablet. But that was true before I got a Note 2. I have bought three Nexus 7's as gifts for friends and family though. I could be convinced to get an iPad Mini (7.9 inches)when it has a retina display.

or has the 7-inch tablets been gathering dust? :)

the reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking about selling or giving away my 7-inch tablet.(a 4-month-old Galaxy Tab 2 7.0) :)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think my question can be made unnecessary if Samsung can just hurry up and release the Note 3 with 6.2-inch screen. :D

I don't know why anyone wants a bigger phone then the note 2, that is borderline to big. take your 7 inch tablet and hold it up to your head to talk, you will feel like a idiot, and look like one. IMO, Samsung is going down the wrong street trying to get bigger. anything bigger, you might as well use a tablet, Samsung should concentrate with features of the note 2, add more. Bigger is not always better.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 7 has been collecting dust. Decided to pull it out today.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

markyoung04

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Funny you asked this - my 10 year old daughter is the proud owner of my Nexus 7 tablet now - every once and a while I will use it to read my book but 95% of what I do now I do with my N2.

pd240

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My nexus 7 is not used nearly as much. My son has pretty much taken it over. I do still like it for reading books online.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why anyone wants a bigger phone then the note 2, that is borderline to big. take your 7 inch tablet and hold it up to your head to talk, you will feel like a idiot, and look like one. IMO, Samsung is going down the wrong street trying to get bigger. anything bigger, you might as well use a tablet, Samsung should concentrate with features of the note 2, add more. Bigger is not always better.

I hope Samsung can somehow produce a new Note 3 by stretching the screen from edge to edge. (without increasing the overall size of the phone)

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I still use my Galaxy tab 2(7.0) and I'm waiting for the Note 8 to come out so I can replace the Tab. I wish we could full on tether our tablets to our phones(passing phone calls, texts, etc from the phone to tablet). It would certainly make my experience a bit fuller, go from my mobile(small) to tablet (medium) to laptop/desktop (full experience)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463