Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: anyone still using their 7-inch tablets after getting the Verizon Galaxy Note 2?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

14 38.89%
  • NO

22 61.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default anyone still using their 7-inch tablets after getting the Verizon Galaxy Note 2?

anyone still using their 7-inch tablets after getting the Verizon Galaxy Note 2?
    or has the 7-inch tablets been gathering dust?

the reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking about selling or giving away my 7-inch tablet.(a 4-month-old Galaxy Tab 2 7.0)

Default Re: anyone still using their 7-inch tablets after getting the Verizon Galaxy Note 2?

My 10.1 Xyboard hasn't seen any usage at all. I won't use it at home and even videos are not worth the $23 per month tether fee after discount. No big deal, I want to sell it but the market for a Xyboard is lacking.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: anyone still using their 7-inch tablets after getting the Verizon Galaxy Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    My 10.1 Xyboard hasn't seen any usage at all. I won't use it at home and even videos are not worth the $23 per month tether fee after discount. No big deal, I want to sell it but the market for a Xyboard is lacking.

Will you accept an offer of $50?

Thanks!
    Eclipse2K likes this.

I use my Gtab2 when my Note2 is charging.
    That's not very often.
    collett likes this.

Yes, I still use my Nexus 7 at home; prefer the larger screen while around the house. The tablet no longer leaves the house though as the Note 2 fits that role nicely. Prior to the Note 2 (Thunderbolt), I used to take both and tether the tablet to the phone (use those LTE speeds ), but it's nice now to only need one. I have to say though that I originally bought the Nexus 7 to use instead of a laptop, but have lately found myself more and more going back to the laptop. A tablet or phone just can't compete with its raw power and keyboard. I can always get things done so much faster on the laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    Will you accept an offer of $50?

Thanks!
    Haha, nice one. I wanted a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 until I realized that's a low end tablet. I had no idea Samsung had a Note 10.1. I want it now despite the fact I don't need one.

ive had the tab2.7. since last summer, actually just bought an otterbox case for it back in december.. i carry it with me when i go to work in my laptop backpack.. i would use it a lot sitting in my car at work, and even more at home. i got it so i could get online without having to pull out my laptop and set it up.

however, ive had the note 2 for a week now and the only time ive used the tablet was to transfer all the pics over to my note2.

the note 2 is def filling the role of the tablet, but it may also be because the note 2 is so new to me and its the toy im playing with.. no plans of selling the tablet because im sure ill come back around to it..

also, just a side note (no pun) the galaxy tab 2.7 is an awesome tablet, and very affordable, and i like that i can put an sd card in it unlike some others.. i think that the tab2.7. and the note2 are actually a great pair.

I've had my Note 2 from Verizon since day 1. I just recently purchased from Verizon the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 tablet. Not the 7" screen tablet, but the larger 7.7" screen with built-in Verizon 4G LTE sim card inside. I will be using my Samsung 7.7 Tab more so versus my laptop whenever I want a larger screen for media/entertainment. The 7.7 Tab has a really long life battery versus my Sony Vaio laptop. Obviously, if I need to do **real** work, I will still grab the laptop instead. I chose the 7.7 Tab versus the 7.0 Tab because the size difference was minimal on the 7" screen versus my Note 2 phone. However, the 7.7" screen was enough of a difference larger for me. That's also why I didn't get the Google Nexus 7 Tab, because the screen difference wasn't enough versus my Note 2 phone.
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I think my question can be made unnecessary if Samsung can just hurry up and release the Note 3 with 6.2-inch screen.

I have the beautiful 10.1 tab. Love it. Continue using it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    collett likes this.

I just bought a Note 2 and my Nexus7 is already on the Marketplace.
    The Note2 just does what the 7" could do, plus more.
    I still plan on using my Nexus10 on a regular basis though.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I have the beautiful 10.1 tab. Love it. Continue using it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    but I asked about 7-inch tablets...

I think I'm going to ditch my Tab 2 7.0 and get the Note 2 10.1 which is coming out soon (the successor to the original Note 10.1)

I use the heck out of my iPad 4 but have zero interest in a 7 inch tablet. But that was true before I got a Note 2. I have bought three Nexus 7's as gifts for friends and family though. I could be convinced to get an iPad Mini (7.9 inches)when it has a retina display.

anyone still using their 7-inch tablets after getting the Verizon Galaxy Note 2?
    or has the 7-inch tablets been gathering dust?

the reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking about selling or giving away my 7-inch tablet.(a 4-month-old Galaxy Tab 2 7.0)

I think my question can be made unnecessary if Samsung can just hurry up and release the Note 3 with 6.2-inch screen.
    I don't know why anyone wants a bigger phone then the note 2, that is borderline to big. take your 7 inch tablet and hold it up to your head to talk, you will feel like a *****, and look like one. IMO, Samsung is going down the wrong street trying to get bigger. anything bigger, you might as well use a tablet, Samsung should concentrate with features of the note 2, add more. Bigger is not always better.

My Nexus 7 has been collecting dust. Decided to pull it out today.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Depends on what day

Funny you asked this - my 10 year old daughter is the proud owner of my Nexus 7 tablet now - every once and a while I will use it to read my book but 95% of what I do now I do with my N2.

My nexus 7 is not used nearly as much. My son has pretty much taken it over. I do still like it for reading books online.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    I don't know why anyone wants a bigger phone then the note 2, that is borderline to big. take your 7 inch tablet and hold it up to your head to talk, you will feel like a *****, and look like one. IMO, Samsung is going down the wrong street trying to get bigger. anything bigger, you might as well use a tablet, Samsung should concentrate with features of the note 2, add more. Bigger is not always better.
    I hope Samsung can somehow produce a new Note 3 by stretching the screen from edge to edge. (without increasing the overall size of the phone)
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

I still use my Galaxy tab 2(7.0) and I'm waiting for the Note 8 to come out so I can replace the Tab. I wish we could full on tether our tablets to our phones(passing phone calls, texts, etc from the phone to tablet). It would certainly make my experience a bit fuller, go from my mobile(small) to tablet (medium) to laptop/desktop (full experience)
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

sold my blackberry playbook to get the note 2 hahaha

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by cw0974 View Post
    sold my blackberry playbook to get the note 2 hahaha
    I sold my playbook to get a speak-n-spell

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

funny you should bring that up... I just installed this a few days ago during a particularly boring flight.

Speak and Spell from Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....SpeakAndSpell

Thanked by:
    DroidXcon likes this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

funny you should bring that up... I just installed this a few days ago during a particularly boring flight.

Speak and Spell from Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....SpeakAndSpell

https://lh6.ggpht.com/zu3G95BZ5mtsCh...vvePxyvDw=h230
    The Note 2 is now complete. I don't need any other device lol

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts

This is interesting, I can't find anybody anywhere to say anything bad about their note 2. This thing was never even on my radar screen until I happened to find out that one of my favorite razr posters (eclipse2k) mentioned he switched to a note 2 and never looked back. So . . . these things are *that* good? What about this touchwiz stuff? Maybe I ought to rethink this . . .

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by revtech View Post
    This is interesting, I can't find anybody anywhere to say anything bad about their note 2. This thing was never even on my radar screen until I happened to find out that one of my favorite razr posters (eclipse2k) mentioned he switched to a note 2 and never looked back. So . . . these things are *that* good? What about this touchwiz stuff? Maybe I ought to rethink this . . .
    The only thing I don't like about stock touchwiz is the app shortcut is to the right of the dock instead of centered. Also I can not customize the icons. Besides that it is pretty smooth. Oh and you can't do infinite scroll on home screens because Verizon changed it for some reason you need to root to change it. But besides that this phone is pretty amazing.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast