Bug with Verizon Note 2..

hoosiercub

May 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
I don't know if it's just me, but occasionally the Note II will turn the screen on by itself and stay on at the lock screen. All of the smart/motion actions and such are turned off.

Does anyone know how to remedy this. Doing a reboot usually makes it stop but it happens for no reason and I can't figure out what's causing it. Stock rom VRALJB rooted and unlocked.

justdriftin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with the same configuration as you. I usually power it on and it becomes responsive again, doesn't require a reboot for me. I haven't been able to track it down either.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's just me, but occasionally the Note II will turn the screen on by itself and stay on at the lock screen. All of the smart/motion actions and such are turned off.

Does anyone know how to remedy this. Doing a reboot usually makes it stop but it happens for no reason and I can't figure out what's causing it. Stock rom VRALJB rooted and unlocked.

No problem here. Rooted stock rom.

hoosiercub

May 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
Happened to me yesterday around 4 o' clock. It's not something I can reproduce, I don't have any widgets that constantly want updated, nothing in the background syncing out of the ordinary for my Android usage.

I have the same problem with the same configuration as you. I usually power it on and it becomes responsive again, doesn't require a reboot for me. I haven't been able to track it down either.

I don't think you're having the same problem with mine, there's no need to power it on, it's already on. Turning the screen off yields the screen coming right back on, usually in my pocket.

When my DogCatcher app updates the screen comes on. Check your apps..

Sent by Accident

I don't see any weird app activity, and I don't have anything install that I didn't have installed on my Nexus. I think it's a software bug in my device rather than a rogue app causing the screen to wake.

justdriftin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
" Originally Posted by justdriftin
I don't think you're having the same problem with mine, there's no need to power it on, it's already on. Turning the screen off yields the screen coming right back on, usually in my pocket."

Nope, all I do is hit the power button and it comes fully on and responsive but everything else is the same. Yes on the pocket thing, I am constantly checking if the screen is on. I was in the habit of putting the phone face down and when I pick it back up again that dim screen is on and swiping doesn't work until I push the power button. I now leave the phone screen up and haven't had the problem. I have disabled Motion but still have the problem every now and then. Maybe is has something to do with the sensors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12